The TV Doldrums

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Well, here we are. All the regulars have completed their seasons - some never to return - and we await their return in the fall or the start of summer replacements.

What are you watching?

Anything interesting?

I stumbled across a show on AMC, Turn [couldn't find the backward n character] about Revolutionary War spies.

Other than that, it's a case of searching through several hundred channels to find anything worthwhile.:mad:

What types of shows do you normally like?

Sci, action, cops shows, comedy, drama?

Well, I am looking forward to:
Defiance
White Collar
Suits
Longmire

And, because of the lack of other programs, I found two episodes of Stargate SG1 last night.

Well, here we are. All the regulars have completed their seasons - some never to return - and we await their return in the fall or the start of summer replacements.

What are you watching?

Anything interesting?

I stumbled across a show on AMC, Turn [couldn't find the backward n character] about Revolutionary War spies.

Other than that, it's a case of searching through several hundred channels to find anything worthwhile.:mad:

It's a great time to catch upon previous seasons of shows you've come to look forward to, such as my favorite show on TV.....The Americans. I have now watched both seasons of this Cold War spy thriller, taking place in the 80's. FBI/Soviet spy thriller expertly acted and chilling to the bone. :thup:

Streaming NetFlix (I think we pau $8.95/month) - or if you have Amazon Prime, you can get a bunch of streaming content with your subscription. Lots of choices for TV series without commercials!

What are you watching?

Anything interesting?

I'm a fan of the following:

Dual Survival
Alaskan Bush People
American Pickers
Criminal Minds
Cook's Country
This Old House
Ask This Old House
America's Test Kitchen
A lot of the oldies on MeTV (Alfred Hitchcock, Get Smart, M.A.S.H.)
Fast N' Loud

I've been finding myself watching History2 Channel more often..along with Military channel because they have some interesting programs. The rest of the time, I am doing what you are doing...searching for something and usually finding diddly squat.

Cutt throat kitchen is kinda fun. But yeah..I watch those shows too.

I am a bit peeved they moved Frasier to the 1am slot and bumped up Golden Girls in Frasiers time slot. I hate Golden Girls. One tard, one bully, one slut and an old woman that is vicious. Blech. So now I can't watch Frasier at night any more like I did.

Cutt throat kitchen is kinda fun. But yeah..I watch those shows too.

I am a bit peeved they moved Frasier to the 1am slot and bumped up Golden Girls in Frasiers time slot. I hate Golden Girls. One tard, one bully, one slut and an old woman that is vicious. Blech. So now I can't watch Frasier at night any more like I did.

Frasier?....that was a while ago.....get a DVR....

I can watch Frasier over and over. Love that show.

Meanwhile...right now I am watching I Love Lucy. :lol:

Looking forward to Longmire coming back in June.

Here are some of my other favorites:

Deadliest Catch

Hardcore Pawn

Pawn Stars

Bar Rescue

Restaurant Impossible

19 Kids & Counting

The Little People

Sister Wives

My Five Wives

Criminal Minds

NCIS

NCIS; Los Angeles

Bones

Fast & Loud

All "prepper" shows

Mysteries At The Museum

Storage Wars

Baggage Wars

Right now? New season of Master Chef. Afterwards, American Ninja tryouts. I'm good for awhile. :)

America's Got Talent starts tomorrow night. I will watch that one but I hope they stop with the pity passes of people who suck.

T U R И

what types of shows do you normally like?

Sci, action, cops shows, comedy, drama?

well, i am looking forward to:
Defiance
white collar
suits
longmire

and, because of the lack of other programs, i found two episodes of stargate sg1 last night.

Longmire is cancelled. White Collar is going into it's final season.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back