The truth some here cannot take

Stop lying to yourself impuretrash

Uh huh. This from the guy who tells me I can't say anything about blacks or that I need "only concern myself with..." You tell people to "Shut the fuck up" all the time. You've already done it once or twice in this thread alone.

You started this thread and you got exactly what you were hoping for; whitey disagreeing with you so you could point out how racist we are for disagreeing with you. Harassment my white ass.

Yes harassment. Every fucking thread no matter the subject, no matter the black poster, you racists say the same fucking things. You never discuss the thread topic, it's all ad hominem attacks. We are called racists when we have said nothing racist and a low life like you starts whining like you've done nothing pretending not to understand how you and whites like you create animosity.

You've never gotten ad hominem attacks from me and you damn well know it. You just called me a low life for Christ's sake. And, don't hand me that "We are called racists..." sludge, you have called every single white person who disagreed with you a racist, including me. It doesn't even matter what it is they're disagreeing about; if they disagree with you on any opinions you have on the subject of race and race relations, they're racist.

Instead you are just poor innocent victims wrongfully attacked only because your skin is white. Or how we hate every white person who ever existed on planet earth because we oppose the racism of a few raggedy white racists here at USMB while pointing out the history and continuing racism by whites. Every single time.

I remember you telling me once that you judged me based on the history of white racism. When I pointed out that this means you judge me because I'm white, I got nothing and you bailed on the discussion.

If you drag that history-of-white-racism baggage to the discussion table, no white person has a chance in hell of being judged fairly and objectively on their own words and actions.

But you love Avery Jahrman because he says what you want and need to hear. He blames blacks for everything like you want us to. So he's the acceptable house negro of the moment. But you guys can't understand how we can call you racists.

You see, that's part of your problem right there. You lump me in with other whites who agree with this person but I don't even know who Avery Jahrman is and I never said anything about him. You're criticizing me for things other people said about someone I've never even heard of.

I have the same right to discuss the racism of whites in the race and racism forum as you do when you post your dumb ass false racist screeds about us.

Don't give me that crap about "I have the same right...", I wasn't even addressing you, I was addressing Marc and responding to something he said. You're the one who came at me and what's more, you claimed I didn't want racial harmony and you claimed I only want to shut you up pointing out racism when I wasn't even talking to you, much less trying to shut you up. Or trying to shut Marc up either for that matter.

Just because we can show proof of your racism through laws and polices that allowed you to be given what you have doesn't change that.

I had nothing to do with any laws or policies against blacks and I certainly wasn't given anything. I've had to work, study and train just like everybody else to make it ahead in my profession. What's more, there are many blacks in my profession and there has been ever since I got into this line of work thirty four years ago so obviously nobody was giving me an advantage.
As for my parents and others in my family, there simply weren't any blacks in the area where I grew up in upstate New York. There were only two blacks in the entire high school at that time and they were sisters. So there were basically no blacks to have an advantage over.

You don't get any special rights because your ass is white.

Since we don't get any special rights, does that mean you will no longer call white people racist for the stupidest reasons?

This is not 1918. I nor any of the blacks have to read the stereotyped racist rants you guys post and accept it as truth. We don't have to say," yessah boss you'se right about us negros, we did this to ourselves" just because that's a lie you guys want to tell yourselves and would like to force us to believe. We know what the problem is. We know what started the problem. You whites here say you don't want to be blamed? Whites should not have done what you dd. You whites here say you don't want to be blamed? Stop doing what you keep doing.

Speaking for myself, I'm not doing anything regarding race relations that I need to stop doing.

When you talk abut us, its not accurate. You don't enter threads made by whites doing what you do to blacks here.

And what have I done to blacks here?

For some reason you don't see what whites are saying as things that are not racially divisive That's one reason why I say you need to concern yourself with white racism.

I'll only concern myself with white racism if you only concern yourself with black racism. Deal? Oh that's right, you don't believe blacks can be racist even though some are. So, you leave me no choice but to point this out to you.

Just as much as you and others lecture me about doing something about a black community you have made up, I say the same for you. Don't like being told to STFU, stop making rude and racist comments all the time.

What rude and racist comments have I ever made to you or anybody? Need I remind you that you're the one who has done all the name calling in our discussions? You've called me "stupid fucker", "dumb bastard", "fool", "punk" and "bitch" among other things. The worst I ever said to you was to call you "dumbass" once and I'm not sure that wasn't directed at someone else.

Didn't see you getting on whites here who tell me the other blacks here how blacks have never dine anything and depend on whites for everything. Until you can do that, you really have nothing to say to blacks.

Didn't see you getting on blacks here for any racist remarks either so I guess that makes us even.

Because if you can't. then all you are doing is trying to bully blacks here into silence.

I don't know who you're talking about but I've never tried to bully anyone into anything.

You seem to have this hangup about white people trying to shut you up that borders on paranoia. It's been a common thread in just about all your discussions and interactions. All a white person has to do is disagree with you on something and this makes them racist and they're trying to shut you up.
If I say some blacks are racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. If I say that something like a cotton plant is not racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. If I say that not all conservatives are racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. Ad nauseum...

After all you claim to be doing this to promote racial harmony but you only jump on blacks when we are only opposing the racism we get from whites. Promoting racial harmony isn't letting whites freely speak racist crap while trying to shut up blacks for opposing it.

I never said anything about promoting racial harmony other than to confront Marc about his assumptions regarding Azogthedefiler's comment, i.e., "Can't we just be human instead of black, white, etc.?"

I started this thread to show whites like you that blacks have done things here. But you can't understand how a black person could be pissed off and tired of reading this shit from whites like you all the damn time. In standard form you racist jump in, try to derail the thread then cry when you get called the racists that you are.

My first contribution to this thread was simply to answer Marc's question regarding political division vs. racial division. Then Azogthedefiler made his remark about us all just being humans instead of black or white and Marc then basically accuses him of merely saying that out of white guilt and as an excuse to not "deal w/the past and/or current sins by whites against blacks." This was nothing more than an assumption on his part and he had no way of knowing that this was the reason behind Azog's remark so I confronted him on it.

I don't "cry when you get called the racists...". If I see an unjustified assumption or judgment, or a contradiction in someone's argument, or hypocrisy, or something that is simply not true, I'm going to point it out.
IM2 is disliked because of his angry attitude toward whites, he may not say ALL whites, but he infers it. If he took that chip off his shoulder he would experience a much better relationship with whites.

His objectivity is so polluted by his anger he can't even keep straight which white person said what. The exchange about Avery Jahrman in my last post was but yet another in a long list of times I've had to correct him on what I said or didn't say. I've already had to tell him like four or five times in other discussions that someone else said what he was confronting me on. In fact, I had to correct him twice in the same discussion that I did not go to an all black school, that it was another poster who told him this.

I don't think you understand. I am not concerned about winning white racist friends anywhere much less online. I have the friends here I need or desire to have. I don't care what scum like you do not like.. My experience with whites is excellent. My chip is so big, I meet with a group that is majority white on a weekly basis to discus ways to end racial harassment by police in his town. I have served as a member of a multiracial committee that plans MLK week activities in this town for the last 20 years. Or I served on a state committee advocating to help reduce a disease that hits whites more than anyone else. That's how much I am disliked by whites. That's how big my chip is. That's how polluted by anger I am. Try not repeating white racist memes about blacks who stand up to your racism, racist. If I repeated Sowell you'd love me because I would be saying what you need and want to hear. Whites like you want to force everyone into your narrative, no matter how false. You wear the chip and that's your problem.

Yet even with all that, you still can't remember what white person said what. Like this Jahrman character, I don't know who Sowell is either. If you have a problem with the things that people like Jahrman and Sowell say, that's your problem. Don't assume that just because I'm white I agree with them or even that I know who they are.

Even with all that, when a Jahrman or Sowell says anything critical of blacks, he's an Uncle Tom or just a clueless moron. Why? Because he's black. But if a white person like me agrees with him, I'm a racist. Why? Because I'm white.

Even with all that, you can't discern the difference between a white racist and a white person disagreeing with you.

Even with all that, when I related my story of black racism, your first impulse was to assume I made it up.

Even with all that, even after you finally accepted that my story happened, your first impulse at that point was to assume that I was the racist in the story and that I provoked him, even after I had given you all the details -that you asked for - to show that I hadn't.

Everything you said above may or may not be true but on here, all of your opinions and viewpoints are colored by color. Any white person you interact with on here is, first and foremost, a white person. All of your arguments, assumptions and judgments that follow are based on this and this alone. If a white person happens to agree with you, it's because they are enlightened or "woke" (an idiotic term if there ever was one). If a white person disagrees with you, it's because they're white.

No, it can not because those like you are in every race and prevent it from being stopped!

I am not the problem. You might be if you that's what you believe.

Jews aren't the reason there is racism vs. blacks. If you believe that you are misinformed.

Never said they were. But you are white, your religion is irrelevant.

Its the culture too. Will you at least concede that the Klan hates Jews as much as it hates blacks? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? No?

White racism is part of the American culture. We all are part of the American culture. Yes white supremacists hate Jews. No doubt about it. But you say you are a Jew and say the same things about blacks as white supremacists.

Example? I don’t say it. I am a Jew. Lost most of my family in WW2. 90%?

You've never gotten ad hominem attacks from me and you damn well know it. You just called me a low life for Christ's sake. And, don't hand me that "We are called racists..." sludge, you have called every single white person who disagreed with you a racist, including me. It doesn't even matter what it is they're disagreeing about; if they disagree with you on any opinions you have on the subject of race and race relations, they're racist.

I remember you telling me once that you judged me based on the history of white racism. When I pointed out that this means you judge me because I'm white, I got nothing and you bailed on the discussion.

If you drag that history-of-white-racism baggage to the discussion table, no white person has a chance in hell of being judged fairly and objectively on their own words and actions.

You see, that's part of your problem right there. You lump me in with other whites who agree with this person but I don't even know who Avery Jahrman is and I never said anything about him. You're criticizing me for things other people said about someone I've never even heard of.

Don't give me that crap about "I have the same right...", I wasn't even addressing you, I was addressing Marc and responding to something he said. You're the one who came at me and what's more, you claimed I didn't want racial harmony and you claimed I only want to shut you up pointing out racism when I wasn't even talking to you, much less trying to shut you up. Or trying to shut Marc up either for that matter.

I had nothing to do with any laws or policies against blacks and I certainly wasn't given anything. I've had to work, study and train just like everybody else to make it ahead in my profession. What's more, there are many blacks in my profession and there has been ever since I got into this line of work thirty four years ago so obviously nobody was giving me an advantage.
As for my parents and others in my family, there simply weren't any blacks in the area where I grew up in upstate New York. There were only two blacks in the entire high school at that time and they were sisters. So there were basically no blacks to have an advantage over.

Since we don't get any special rights, does that mean you will no longer call white people racist for the stupidest reasons?

Speaking for myself, I'm not doing anything regarding race relations that I need to stop doing.

When you talk abut us, its not accurate. You don't enter threads made by whites doing what you do to blacks here.

For some reason you don't see what whites are saying as things that are not racially divisive That's one reason why I say you need to concern yourself with white racism.

I'll only concern myself with white racism if you only concern yourself with black racism. Deal? Oh that's right, you don't believe blacks can be racist even though some are. So, you leave me no choice but to point this out to you.

Just as much as you and others lecture me about doing something about a black community you have made up, I say the same for you. Don't like being told to STFU, stop making rude and racist comments all the time.

What rude and racist comments have I ever made to you or anybody? Need I remind you that you're the one who has done all the name calling in our discussions? You've called me "stupid fucker", "dumb bastard", "fool", "punk" and "bitch" among other things. The worst I ever said to you was to call you "dumbass" once and I'm not sure that wasn't directed at someone else.

Didn't see you getting on whites here who tell me the other blacks here how blacks have never dine anything and depend on whites for everything. Until you can do that, you really have nothing to say to blacks.

Didn't see you getting on blacks here for any racist remarks either so I guess that makes us even.

Because if you can't. then all you are doing is trying to bully blacks here into silence.

I don't know who you're talking about but I've never tried to bully anyone into anything.

You seem to have this hangup about white people trying to shut you up that borders on paranoia. It's been a common thread in just about all your discussions and interactions. All a white person has to do is disagree with you on something and this makes them racist and they're trying to shut you up.
If I say some blacks are racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. If I say that something like a cotton plant is not racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. If I say that not all conservatives are racist, I'm racist and I'm trying to shut you up. Ad nauseum...

After all you claim to be doing this to promote racial harmony but you only jump on blacks when we are only opposing the racism we get from whites. Promoting racial harmony isn't letting whites freely speak racist crap while trying to shut up blacks for opposing it.

I never said anything about promoting racial harmony other than to confront Marc about his assumptions regarding Azogthedefiler's comment, i.e., "Can't we just be human instead of black, white, etc.?"

I started this thread to show whites like you that blacks have done things here. But you can't understand how a black person could be pissed off and tired of reading this shit from whites like you all the damn time. In standard form you racist jump in, try to derail the thread then cry when you get called the racists that you are.

My first contribution to this thread was simply to answer Marc's question regarding political division vs. racial division. Then Azogthedefiler made his remark about us all just being humans instead of black or white and Marc then basically accuses him of merely saying that out of white guilt and as an excuse to not "deal w/the past and/or current sins by whites against blacks." This was nothing more than an assumption on his part and he had no way of knowing that this was the reason behind Azog's remark so I confronted him on it.

I don't "cry when you get called the racists...". If I see an unjustified assumption or judgment, or a contradiction in someone's argument, or hypocrisy, or something that is simply not true, I'm going to point it out.
IM2 is disliked because of his angry attitude toward whites, he may not say ALL whites, but he infers it. If he took that chip off his shoulder he would experience a much better relationship with whites.

His objectivity is so polluted by his anger he can't even keep straight which white person said what. The exchange about Avery Jahrman in my last post was but yet another in a long list of times I've had to correct him on what I said or didn't say. I've already had to tell him like four or five times in other discussions that someone else said what he was confronting me on. In fact, I had to correct him twice in the same discussion that I did not go to an all black school, that it was another poster who told him this.

I don't think you understand. I am not concerned about winning white racist friends anywhere much less online. I have the friends here I need or desire to have. I don't care what scum like you do not like.. My experience with whites is excellent. My chip is so big, I meet with a group that is majority white on a weekly basis to discus ways to end racial harassment by police in his town. I have served as a member of a multiracial committee that plans MLK week activities in this town for the last 20 years. Or I served on a state committee advocating to help reduce a disease that hits whites more than anyone else. That's how much I am disliked by whites. That's how big my chip is. That's how polluted by anger I am. Try not repeating white racist memes about blacks who stand up to your racism, racist. If I repeated Sowell you'd love me because I would be saying what you need and want to hear. Whites like you want to force everyone into your narrative, no matter how false. You wear the chip and that's your problem.

Yet even with all that, you still can't remember what white person said what. Like this Jahrman character, I don't know who Sowell is either. If you have a problem with the things that people like Jahrman and Sowell say, that's your problem. Don't assume that just because I'm white I agree with them or even that I know who they are.

Even with all that, when a Jahrman or Sowell says anything critical of blacks, he's an Uncle Tom or just a clueless moron. Why? Because he's black. But if a white person like me agrees with him, I'm a racist. Why? Because I'm white.

Even with all that, you can't discern the difference between a white racist and a white person disagreeing with you.

Even with all that, when I related my story of black racism, your first impulse was to assume I made it up.

Even with all that, even after you finally accepted that my story happened, your first impulse at that point was to assume that I was the racist in the story and that I provoked him, even after I had given you all the details -that you asked for - to show that I hadn't.

Everything you said above may or may not be true but on here, all of your opinions and viewpoints are colored by color. Any white person you interact with on here is, first and foremost, a white person. All of your arguments, assumptions and judgments that follow are based on this and this alone. If a white person happens to agree with you, it's because they are enlightened or "woke" (an idiotic term if there ever was one). If a white person disagrees with you, it's because they're white.

I am not going to keep rehashing the story you told whereby no racist comments were made, and you prove no documented racism by the person. You have not faced black racism. And we are in the race and racism section, so my comments are going to reflect that. I do not see you saying these things to whites here who only see us as derogatory non human beings. You don't say a damn word to whites here about how their opinions and viewpoints are colored by color.

Sowell and Jahrman are Uncle Toms. You are called a racist because you are a racist not because you are white. You say you don't know who Sowell is, but you damn sure know who Candice Owens is. That was the young black woman you posted a video to tell me how I should see life and how I can get a better attitude. And you cannot see the racism in that. You are ignorant. To you a better attitude is me denying that white racism exists and that blacks created our own problems because we have had 53 years to get even in all ways with whites after 188 years of exclusion even as we must do so without excluding whites as they did us and with whites refusing to follow laws and policies made. I don't like debating dumb uninformed people no matter what the race. You are all of that. You know nothing and all you do is repeat racist memes and cry.

Whites did not invent as much as they claim.

So I checked the first boobtube "invention" claimed "by Black Slaves" that "white people stole".
The boobtube show "the toilet".
A mere stone or wood slabe with a hole for a dump.
Like that wasn't around THOUSANDS of years ago?

Even the infinitely more advanced FLUSHABLE toilet was invented before any Blacks hit America.

Who invented the flush toilet?
MAY 19, 2015 - History.com
Who invented the flush toilet?
NATE BARKSDALE

The centerpiece of today’s modern bathroom, the flush toilet has equal roots in ancient sanitation practices, Elizabethan politics and Industrial Revolution know-how.

Primitive latrines that utilized a constant stream of water to carry away waste date back at least 5,000 years, and early toilet systems were used by the several ancient civilizations, including the Romans and the Mohenjo-Dara and Harappa of the Indus Valley.

The first modern flushable toilet was described in 1596 by Sir John Harington, an English courtier and the godson of Queen Elizabeth I. Harington’s device called for a 2-foot-deep oval bowl waterproofed with pitch, resin and wax and fed by water from an upstairs cistern. Flushing Harington’s pot required 7.5 gallons of water...​

99.9% of Sub-Saharans were still living in huts when Rome had aqueducts providing water for drinking, irrigation, bathing, and draining waste. (like 200 AD)

In fact, even by 1900, 98% of SUB-Saharans were living the same way they did 50,000 years ago
Hunter-gatherers in Huts.

These Afrocentric Videos and websites are Hysterical, Not Historical.

Last edited:

I am not going to keep rehashing the story you told whereby no racist comments were made, and you prove no documented racism by the person.

Bullshit. You accused me of concocting the story before you ever even asked for evidence or details. As for documented racism, as I pointed out to you already in a past discussion, I don't have any documented racism for myself but that didn't stop you from calling me racist, did it? Why do you require documentation in his case but not in mine? You are so full of shit you fart when you open your mouth.

I have a challenge for you. I'll just bet that if you were asked why you think I'm racist, you could not give any more insight or evidence other than "You say the same things other racists say." I challenge you to point to any specific overtly racist things I said without resorting to this cheap and easy accusation that neither explains nor proves anything.

You have not faced black racism.

The very fact that you say this without having been there suggests to me that I'm facing black racism right now.

And we are in the race and racism section, so my comments are going to reflect that.

Why are you always pointing this out as if you're the only one debating race relations here? Everyone here is fully aware that this is the race section so everyone's comments are going to reflect that.

I do not see you saying these things to whites here who only see us as derogatory non human beings. You don't say a damn word to whites here about how their opinions and viewpoints are colored by color.

I don't see you saying anything to blacks when they say racist things either so again, that makes us even.

Sowell and Jahrman are Uncle Toms.

Forgive me if I don't take your word on that. You have demonstrated a complete lack of objectivity when passing judgment on those who disagree with you.

You are called a racist because you are a racist not because you are white.

Then why are Jahrman and Sowell not racist? Why are they not racist to say what they say but I am racist if I agree with them?

You say you don't know who Sowell is, but you damn sure know who Candice Owens is. That was the young black woman you posted a video to tell me how I should see life and how I can get a better attitude. And you cannot see the racism in that.

You just posted two or three videos to tell us whites how we should see life (or blacks) and how we can get a better attitude. Can you not see the racism in that?

You are ignorant. To you a better attitude is me denying that white racism exists and that blacks created our own problems because we have had 53 years to get even in all ways with whites after 188 years of exclusion even as we must do so without excluding whites as they did us and with whites refusing to follow laws and policies made. I don't like debating dumb uninformed people no matter what the race. You are all of that.

When the fuck have I ever suggested you should deny that white racism exists?

To me, a better attitude on your part is not in denying white racism, it's not seeing racism in any and every conflict or disagreement with white people on the issue of race.

You know nothing and all you do is repeat racist memes and cry.

What racist memes have I repeated?

You guys need to watch this video.

Bullshit. You accused me of concocting the story before you ever even asked for evidence or details. As for documented racism, as I pointed out to you already in a past discussion, I don't have any documented racism for myself but that didn't stop you from calling me racist, did it? Why do you require documentation in his case but not in mine? You are so full of shit you fart when you open your mouth.

I have a challenge for you. I'll just bet that if you were asked why you think I'm racist, you could not give any more insight or evidence other than "You say the same things other racists say." I challenge you to point to any specific overtly racist things I said without resorting to this cheap and easy accusation that neither explains nor proves anything.

The last response will explain it to you..

The very fact that you say this without having been there suggests to me that I'm facing black racism right now.

Racism has a specific meaning and is not me saying you have not faced black racism.

Why are you always pointing this out as if you're the only one debating race relations here? Everyone here is fully aware that this is the race section so everyone's comments are going to reflect that.

So why do you complain only about how people are making comments about race when it's someone black?

I don't see you saying anything to blacks when they say racist things either so again, that makes us even.

I see blacks responding to the racism by whites here. Actual racism like we are better than you because we are white , which is the definition of racism. Not your definition which says we are racists for saying soeting you did not like. So no, we aren't even.

Forgive me if I don't take your word on that. You have demonstrated a complete lack of objectivity when passing judgment on those who disagree with you.

Like I give a fuck.

Then why are Jahrman and Sowell not racist? Why are they not racist to say what they say but I am racist if I agree with them?

Are you really this damn dumb? These are blacks. They cannot be racially superior to other blacks. You only agree with them because they validate you views of white racial superiority and does not hold whites accountable for the role their racism has in the problems. Uncle Tom isn't a complimentary term.

You just posted two or three videos to tell us whites how we should see life (or blacks) and how we can get a better attitude. Can you not see the racism in that?

I have never said I was better than anyone here because I am black. The videos were posted because if racist comments made by whites. So there is no racism to be seen.

To me, a better attitude on your part is not in denying white racism, it's not seeing racism in any and every conflict or disagreement with white people on the issue of race.

And that's the problem, you assume things that are not so. I think that by 57 I know when I see or read racism. You believe a stupid set of ideas about race that are not grounded in reality.

So o go back to your first quote you need to understand how you are racist.

Symbolic racism (also known as modern-symbolic racism, modern racism,[1] symbolic prejudice, and racial resentment) is a coherent belief system that reflects an underlying unidimensional prejudice towards black people in the United States. These beliefs include the stereotype that blacks are morally inferior to white people, and that they violate traditional White American values such as hard work and independence. This is also more of a general term than it is specifically related to prejudice towards black people. It can be more generally characterized as an open dislike and derogation of individuals related to one's self. These beliefs may cause the subject to discriminate against black people and to justify this discrimination.[2] Some people do not view symbolic racism as prejudice since it is not linked directly to race but indirectly through social and political issues.[3]

David O. Sears and P.J. Henry characterize symbolic racism as the expression or endorsement of four specific themes or beliefs:[4]

1. Blacks no longer face much prejudice or discrimination.
  2. The failure of blacks to progress results from their unwillingness to work hard enough.
  3. Blacks are demanding too much too fast.
  4. Blacks have gotten more than they deserve.
Symbolic racism is a form of modern racism, as it is more subtle and indirect than more overt forms of racism,[5] such as those characterized in Jim Crow laws. As symbolic racism develops through socialization and its processes occur without conscious awareness,[6] an individual with symbolic racist beliefs may genuinely oppose racism and believe they are not racist.[7] Symbolic racism is perhaps the most prevalent racial attitude today.[8]

Symbolic racism - Wikipedia

These threads, especially in this section are full of examples of this type of racism. You practice it yourself. In fact your comment in the last qoute is a example of number1.

Blacks no longer face much prejudice or discrimination.

In the aftermath of the Civil Rights Movement, old-fashioned (or "Jim Crow") racism dissolved along with segregation in the United States. Some people believe that new forms of racism began to replace old-fashioned racism.[9] Symbolic racism is a term that was coined by David Sears and John McConahay in 1973[10] to explain why most white Americans supported principles of equality for black Americans, but less than half were willing to support programs designed to implement these principles. The original theory described three definitive aspects of symbolic racism:[11][12]

1. A new form of racism had replaced old-fashioned Jim Crow racism, as it was no longer popular and could no longer be influential in politics as only a small minority still accepted it.
  2. Opposition to black politicians and racially targeted policies is more influenced by symbolic racism than by any perceived or true threat to whites' own personal lives.
  3. The origins of this form of racism lay in early-socialized negative feelings about blacks associated with traditional conservative values.

Whitley and Kite cite six underlying factors that contribute to symbolic racism. They are to this day believed to have been some of the biggest influences on modern racism.[6]

1. Implicitly anti-black affect and negative stereotypes.
  2. Racialized belief in traditional values.
  3. Belief in equality of opportunity.
  4. Low belief in equality of outcome.
  5. Group self-interest.
  6. Low knowledge of black people.
According to Whitley and Kite, those who hold symbolic racist beliefs tend to hold implicitly negative attitudes, most likely gained in childhood, towards blacks that may or may not be conscious.[6] These attitudes may not be outright hatred, but rather fear, disgust, anger, contempt, etc. In addition, those who hold symbolic racist beliefs may also believe in traditional American values such as hard work, individuality, and self-restraint.[6] However, these beliefs have become racialized. Many perceive that black individuals do not hold or act in accordance with these values.[6] Instead, black individuals rely on public assistance, seek government favors, and act impulsively.[6] As Whitley and Kite note, "The fact that White people also accept public assistance, seek government favors, and act impulsively is not relevant to people with symbolic prejudice; it is their perception (usually in stereotypic terms) of Black people's behavior that they focus on."

A prime example is this statement or similar ones made here -"Irish, Italians, Jewish, and many other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up. Blacks should do the same without any special favors."

The last response will explain it to you..

Can you point to a specific thing I said without citing yet another quote, article or video by someone else? Are you not capable of speaking for yourself? The challenge is for YOU to point to any specific overtly racist things I said. You're the one making the accusation, not Sears or Henry or Whitley or Kite or anyone else.

Racism has a specific meaning and is not me saying you have not faced black racism.

The definition of racism according to Merriam-Webster's:

1: A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

2: Racial prejudice or discrimination.

Neither does it say that claiming that "Blacks no longer face much prejudice or discrimination" is racism. Which I never said in the first place.

Neither does it say that saying blacks can be racist is racist.

Neither does it say that if you disagree with IM2 about whether or not the provisions in the Voting Rights Act provide the right to vote is racist. Remember that?

So why do you complain only about how people are making comments about race when it's someone black?

I've been a member since January of this year and my first post in the race section was on April 17. Since then, I have started zero threads and made 408 posts in this section. In that same time period (April 17 to today), you have started no less than 46 threads and made over 5000 posts in the race section alone. So who's complaining here?

When someone here says something about blacks or race in general that you don't agree with, you confront them, do you not? So why is it complaining when I do the same thing?

I see blacks responding to the racism by whites here. Actual racism like we are better than you because we are white , which is the definition of racism. Not your definition which says we are racists for saying soeting you did not like. So no, we aren't even.

If that is actual racism then by your definition, I am not racist. I have never said, suggested or implied in any way that I am better than you because I'm white. As I've mentioned before, my niece is married to a black man for whom I have the utmost respect for and they have two black children that I love dearly.

I've had many black friends and coworkers over the years and, with the exception of the black guy who spit on me, I never had a problem with any of them. In no way do I think I'm better than them or any black person.

I've told you all this many times before so why doesn't any of this factor into your assessment of my character as it pertains to race?

Like I give a fuck.

Meaning: You may be right so I don't wanna talk about it.

Are you really this damn dumb? These are blacks. They cannot be racially superior to other blacks. You only agree with them because they validate you views of white racial superiority and does not hold whites accountable for the role their racism has in the problems.

I love how you either adhere to the strict dictionary definition of racism or expand on it as you see fit.

Uncle Tom isn't a complimentary term.

No shit.

I have never said I was better than anyone here because I am black.

And I've never said I was better than anyone here because I'm white. So why do you think that?

The videos were posted because if racist comments made by whites. So there is no racism to be seen.

Bullshit. These videos are just two sides of the same coin. Both offer different perspectives on the issue of race, that's all. The only difference is that you only think it's racism when the other guy does it even though it's the same thing.

Your problem is that, in your mind, "racist" is the only possible answer or explanation for any white person who has different views than yourself on race issues. It never occurs to you that there just might be another reason a white person has a different opinion on, say, reparations. Even if he agrees with you on everything else such as the history of white racism and oppression and that there is still racism today, if he disagrees on reparations? Racist!

And that's the problem, you assume things that are not so.

And you don't? You assumed I lied about my story and you were dead wrong. You assumed I think I'm better than blacks and you were dead wrong.

I think that by 57 I know when I see or read racism. You believe a stupid set of ideas about race that are not grounded in reality.

I'm only two years younger than you so your age here is irrelevant. I also believe I know when I see or read racism. I also know when I haven't and that's where I usually chime in. For example, I know that the recent spate of white people calling the police on blacks for stupid reasons is based on racism. But I also know that a cotton plant is not.

So o go back to your first quote you need to understand how you are racist.

Symbolic racism (also known as modern-symbolic racism, modern racism,[1] symbolic prejudice, and racial resentment) is a coherent belief system that reflects an underlying unidimensional prejudice towards black people in the United States. These beliefs include the stereotype that blacks are morally inferior to white people, and that they violate traditional White American values such as hard work and independence. This is also more of a general term than it is specifically related to prejudice towards black people. It can be more generally characterized as an open dislike and derogation of individuals related to one's self. These beliefs may cause the subject to discriminate against black people and to justify this discrimination.[2] Some people do not view symbolic racism as prejudice since it is not linked directly to race but indirectly through social and political issues.[3]

David O. Sears and P.J. Henry characterize symbolic racism as the expression or endorsement of four specific themes or beliefs:[4]

The failure of blacks to progress results from their unwillingness to work hard enough.

Blacks are demanding too much too fast.

Blacks have gotten more than they deserve.

Symbolic racism is a form of modern racism, as it is more subtle and indirect than more overt forms of racism,[5] such as those characterized in Jim Crow laws. As symbolic racism develops through socialization and its processes occur without conscious awareness,[6] an individual with symbolic racist beliefs may genuinely oppose racism and believe they are not racist.[7] Symbolic racism is perhaps the most prevalent racial attitude today.[8]

Symbolic racism - Wikipedia

These threads, especially in this section are full of examples of this type of racism. You practice it yourself. In fact your comment in the last qoute is a example of number1.

In the aftermath of the Civil Rights Movement, old-fashioned (or "Jim Crow") racism dissolved along with segregation in the United States. Some people believe that new forms of racism began to replace old-fashioned racism.[9] Symbolic racism is a term that was coined by David Sears and John McConahay in 1973[10] to explain why most white Americans supported principles of equality for black Americans, but less than half were willing to support programs designed to implement these principles. The original theory described three definitive aspects of symbolic racism:[11][12]

A new form of racism had replaced old-fashioned Jim Crow racism, as it was no longer popular and could no longer be influential in politics as only a small minority still accepted it.

Opposition to black politicians and racially targeted policies is more influenced by symbolic racism than by any perceived or true threat to whites' own personal lives.

The origins of this form of racism lay in early-socialized negative feelings about blacks associated with traditional conservative values.

Whitley and Kite cite six underlying factors that contribute to symbolic racism. They are to this day believed to have been some of the biggest influences on modern racism.[6]

Implicitly anti-black affect and negative stereotypes.

Racialized belief in traditional values.

Belief in equality of opportunity.

Low belief in equality of outcome.

Group self-interest.

Low knowledge of black people.

According to Whitley and Kite, those who hold symbolic racist beliefs tend to hold implicitly negative attitudes, most likely gained in childhood, towards blacks that may or may not be conscious.[6] These attitudes may not be outright hatred, but rather fear, disgust, anger, contempt, etc. In addition, those who hold symbolic racist beliefs may also believe in traditional American values such as hard work, individuality, and self-restraint.[6] However, these beliefs have become racialized. Many perceive that black individuals do not hold or act in accordance with these values.[6] Instead, black individuals rely on public assistance, seek government favors, and act impulsively.[6] As Whitley and Kite note, "The fact that White people also accept public assistance, seek government favors, and act impulsively is not relevant to people with symbolic prejudice; it is their perception (usually in stereotypic terms) of Black people's behavior that they focus on."

A prime example is this statement or similar ones made here -"Irish, Italians, Jewish, and many other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up. Blacks should do the same without any special favors."

Blah blah blah

Last edited:
Even when a white person suggests blurring the color lines in an attempt to promote harmony between the races, they're racist.

For fuck's sake, is there any way a white person can not be racist to you guys?
Can you cite some examples of this occurring?

How about even 1 example?

Me asking someone not to be racist is not going to do it. Imagine you hate whites. I come to you and ask you to please no longer hate whites. Why would you do that?

In fact me doing this would make you hate whites more.
Why not?

Even when a white person suggests blurring the color lines in an attempt to promote harmony between the races, they're racist.

For fuck's sake, is there any way a white person can not be racist to you guys?
Can you cite some examples of this occurring?

How about even 1 example?

Have you forgotten already? Don't you remember that this all started because of your response to Azog's comment about us just being human?

Me asking someone not to be racist is not going to do it. Imagine you hate whites. I come to you and ask you to please no longer hate whites. Why would you do that?

In fact me doing this would make you hate whites more.
Why not?

Human nature. If I hate whites I must have a reason. You asking me to no longer hate them likely adds fuel to that fire. For example your boy friend Asclepias stating all white Jews are not real Jews is stupid. So you asking me to be kind to him on these boards for instance would likely make me think that you think just like him and make me dislike him and you even more.

You first need to address the issue why you think whites hate blacks and vice versa. Then you can start the process of eliminating that hate. This process will be long and take several generations and likely will still fall short.

Have you forgotten already? Don't you remember that this all started because of your response to Azog's comment about us just being human?
If you're referring to my statement about "If you don't want to be considered racist, then don't do racist things." as the example, then you're way off base.

If you're referring to my statement about "If you don't want to be considered racist, then don't do racist things." as the example, then you're way off base.

I just told you what post I was talking about: Your response to Azog's question as to why we can't just be human.

If you can't even remember what your response was to this remark then I have to question not only the validity of the remark but also the conviction behind it.

Forum List

Back