The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

Its pointless to argue with the libs who want to bash America

They will troll this topic for as long as we indulge them

Actually, I participate not for them, but for others. I know they are absolutely hopeless.

But in the hopes that others will listen to real history, facts, and look at their claims logically. And not fall into the same traps of stupidity they have fallen into.

Actually, I participate not for them, but for others. I know they are absolutely hopeless.

But in the hopes that others will listen to real history, facts, and look at their claims logically. And not fall into the same traps of stupidity they have fallen into.
As we can see from all too many threads, a lot of people (most?) have no interest in actually discussing history. Whenever a comfortable narrative they were given as children is so much as questioned, they immediately become defensive rather than reflective. A weakness of human nature, perhaps.

Well said

I sometimes cant stand hearing the revisionist history lies any longer and jump in too

The one that galls me the most is the school teacher who is filling his students with false history

Last edited:
the school teacher who is filling his students with false history
"He" does no such thing. Never has, never will. "He" guides them to think critically (hint: you're not), think for themselves, and reach their own conclusions on matters involving choice, morality, and consequence.

But "you" go ahead and teach "your" classes however you want. How long have you worked as a teacher?

Whenever a comfortable narrative they were given as children is so much as questioned, they immediately become defensive rather than reflective.

Actually, I am open up to many outside considerations. Hence, I asked you for more information on multiple occasions. Something you have never once provided. Like the following.

Who authorized said peace mission?

Who was on this peace mission?

Where and when did they meet General MacArthur?

Where are the records of General MacArthur sending back to Washington information about this peace mission?

Where are the records of discussions between senior members of the Government in regards to them?

You see, these are the kinds of things that must be taken into consideration to determine if such had actually happened. Each and every one of these is important, and with none of them, it comes across as General MacArthur simply talking out his anus. Something he was actually very famous for doing.

With not a single one of those providing validation and verification that it ever happened, I can only deduce that it never happened.

Actually, I am open up to many outside considerations. .....
Great, let's cut to the chase. Leaving aside all points of contention such as overtures to surrender earlier in the war, the idea that an invasion was an unavoidable choice, the silly notion of children and old women charging US Marines with pointy sticks and get to the real question: If we remove "we had to!" from the equation, do you consider the deliberate incineration of hundreds of thousands of civilians (yes, even civilians in a country with whom we were at war) to be a moral decision that reflects your idea of what America is and should be about? If you ask many people about the decision to drop the atomic bombs, they attempt to brush it off without any real thought. Why? Because moral questions can be very uncomfortable. That is precisely why they need to be asked.

By the way, that is exactly how most abortion supporters respond to moral questions, if that helps give you any perspective.

Great, let's cut to the chase. Leaving aside all points of contention such as overtures to surrender earlier in the war, the idea that an invasion was an unavoidable choice, the silly notion of children and old women charging US Marines with pointy sticks and get to the real question: If we remove "we had to!" from the equation, do you consider the deliberate incineration of hundreds of thousands of civilians (yes, even civilians in a country with whom we were at war) to be a moral decision that reflects your idea of what America is and should be about? If you ask many people about the decision to drop the atomic bombs, they attempt to brush it off without any real thought. Why? Because moral questions can be very uncomfortable. That is precisely why they need to be asked.

By the way, that is exactly how most abortion supporters respond to moral questions, if that helps give you any perspective.
Damn teach (wrestling coach huh!). That has to be the longest post you've even compiled. I have to admit grudgingly, it’s well done too.

However you know you can’t change the minds of the warmongers. They see WWII as the good war. No facts will change them.

Last edited:
Civilians really don't deserve to die because of political or imperial wars. At least it would have been naval and air battles mostly, with some guerilla warfare on the Pacific Islands leaving civilians mostly out of it. Soldiers dying and armies thinning out is the only reason wars should be lost or won. Half the time civilians are already somewhat oppressed by whatever regime is sending their boys off to war. That's bad enough that an entire city of families should blown up or spend years living with lingering radiation.
War Is Fought Between Nations, Not Just Their Armies

They just wish more Americans had been killed. They don't really care about civilians, and they don't care that the Soviets were the biggest imperialists of the post WW I era; they simply hate America and anything they did to stop the Soviets and Red Chinese imperialism. There really is no need to pretend they're anything but sociopaths and psychos or Russian propaganda peddlers. They shill for the two biggest mass murderers of the 20th Century, Russia and the Red China.
Birth Privileges Determined Who Would Die and Who Would Escape Criticism

The anti-war brats and the pro-war draftdodgers were disgusted by the glory working-class GIs got from winning World War II. They made sure that our heroes in Vietnam would lose and be covered in manufactured shame.

But we wouldn't bring the war home, or protest the ways the entitled got out of fighting Communists. Before they could stab us in the back like that, they had to first take away our backbone.

Because right up until the Emperor surrendered the militarists who were in total control of Japan thought they could achieve their minimum ends if the killed enough Americans AND Japanese to sicken the US population and make us end the war in a manner favorable to Japan.

And they still had millions of men under arms, and an extensive civilian resistance organization.

Forum List

Back