The Traitor Is The Plague

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
" A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the valleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor, , he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep within the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillows of the city. He infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist A murderer is less to fear,the traitor is the plague.
Marcus Tultius Cicero [ancient Roman scholar,layer statesman, 106BC-43BC.

ist.jpg

" A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the valleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor, , he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep within the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillows of the city. He infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist A murderer is less to fear,the traitor is the plague.

BenedictArnold-e1337720011924.jpeg

Benedict Arnold?

" his sly whispers rustling through all the valleys, heard in the very halls of government"

An accurate description of the democratic party.

If we are bandying Roman Quotes. I’ve always preferred this one.

If it is not right, do not do it. If it is not true, do not say it.

And there we have the problem. Because the opposition to political enemies inevitably becomes lies. And that makes those in opposition, using your quote, the traitor doesn’t it?

If we are bandying Roman Quotes. I’ve always preferred this one.

If it is not right, do not do it. If it is not true, do not say it.

And there we have the problem. Because the opposition to political enemies inevitably becomes lies. And that makes those in opposition, using your quote, the traitor doesn’t it?

I don't understand what this means but sounds interesting.

I don't understand what this means but sounds interesting.

Lets say you oppose a policy. You oppose this thing that Trump, or Biden have advocated. Your opposition is based upon your true feelings. It is based upon the truth. Biden actually signed this. Trump really did that.

But if you oppose Biden because he is secretly a pawn of the Chinese. Without evidence or proof. Or you claim he wants to round up all opponents and put them in camps. Or exterminate them. Then you are using lies. You are lying to oppose your political opponent.

According to the OP, that makes you a Traitor.

I oppose specific things. Specific actions. Specific proposals. I don’t hate anyone. Republicans or Democrats. I disagree with policy and laws. I argue for my side based upon the truths.

If it is not right. Do not do it. If it is not true. Do not say it. Can you think of a more moral and ethical way to live your life? Can you express those ideals any better? Lord knows I can’t.

Lets say you oppose a policy. You oppose this thing that Trump, or Biden have advocated. Your opposition is based upon your true feelings. It is based upon the truth. Biden actually signed this. Trump really did that.

But if you oppose Biden because he is secretly a pawn of the Chinese. Without evidence or proof. Or you claim he wants to round up all opponents and put them in camps. Or exterminate them. Then you are using lies. You are lying to oppose your political opponent.

According to the OP, that makes you a Traitor.

I oppose specific things. Specific actions. Specific proposals. I don’t hate anyone. Republicans or Democrats. I disagree with policy and laws. I argue for my side based upon the truths.

If it is not right. Do not do it. If it is not true. Do not say it. Can you think of a more moral and ethical way to live your life? Can you express those ideals any better? Lord knows I can’t.

Thank you for reply and I feel like Biden and the other occupiers in power are at the least seditious and imo traiter's but I know nobody can do anything so I just vent.
We are systematically being replaced.

Which of Trump's policies did you oppose? Was that based upon your "true feelings?" If so, can you describe them? Did your intellect play any role in your opposition?

..and the world will never be the same again, or so it seems.

If I could I would certainly sell this administration down the Potomac. If I but knew a secret, I would tell whoever would use it against these democrats. If I knew a foreign agent bent on doing harm to democrats I would buy him dinner and give him a place to stay while he plots. Unfortunately I can do none of those things.

Who are America's traitors?

Forum List

Back