The tits and tats of witnesses, this includes Hunter

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

can somebody make the case for me why they don’t think Hunter would get called?
Because he is at the center of “Big Daddy Touchy-feely” stopping investigation into crooked Burisma.

It was political motivated to demand a public announcement of a Biden investigation, not evidence driven. That makes all the difference.
correct, that is the accusation, the counter argument will be that there was evidence to call for the investigation and in the course of presenting their evidence they will call Biden to testify. Do you not think that’s going to happen?

So Trump could have submitted evidence of corruption but instead chose to withhold the military aid to get the public announcements he was seeking?
yes

So he's just waiting for the perfect reveal moment? Get Hunter on the stand and .......
... and ask him questions to amplify their narrative of corruption

Questions can be answered. When do they present their evidence?

What does Hunter Biden have to do with Trump abusing his power? Let's say Biden the Junior did work for a corrupt company. What does that have to do with military aid for Ukraine? Do we or do we not have institutions that could perform an actual corruption investigation that doesn't play like a "drug deal"?
Trumps “political motivation” for calling on an investigation into Biden is a major talking point and focus of the articles of impeachment. That makes that a point of contention and thus makes it relevant.

It was political motivated to demand a public announcement of a Biden investigation, not evidence driven. That makes all the difference.
correct, that is the accusation, the counter argument will be that there was evidence to call for the investigation and in the course of presenting their evidence they will call Biden to testify. Do you not think that’s going to happen?

I hope it does. Opens the door to bring all the Trump kids to talk about their potential corruption on record.
No it doesn’t... that is a Tit that’s too far removed

For this investigation, not for the next one or the next after that. Investigating Trump for emoluments violations? Gotta get all the kids under oath.

So Trump could have submitted evidence of corruption but instead chose to withhold the military aid to get the public announcements he was seeking?
yes

So he's just waiting for the perfect reveal moment? Get Hunter on the stand and .......
... and ask him questions to amplify their narrative of corruption

Questions can be answered. When do they present their evidence?
When they make their case in the senate. That’s what’s done at trials.

Trumps “political motivation” for calling on an investigation into Biden is a major talking point and focus of the articles of impeachment. That makes that a point of contention and thus makes it relevant.

I hope it does. Opens the door to bring all the Trump kids to talk about their potential corruption on record.
No it doesn’t... that is a Tit that’s too far removed

For this investigation, not for the next one or the next after that. Investigating Trump for emoluments violations? Gotta get all the kids under oath.
if that’s how you want to roll... I for one have been exhausted by the Over politicized investigations, especially after Benghazi

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

I'm fine with all sides to call forward witnesses. And all witnesses be examined, cross examined and the managers on both sides be censored, that is not testify.

I also support and believe it be required that all documents subpoenaed be provided to both sides before the trial commences as normally occurs in Discovery.

Objectivity Test: FAIL
Yes YOU did....too bad you reject facts based on your bias and hate.
At least I can answer questions. You should work on that
'smatter, snowflake? Pissed you lost at your little game, again? Or just triggered over the truth?

Bwuhahahaha.....
What game do you think I’m playing? This is my thread and I started it by explaining how this impeachment is going to shoot the Dems in the foot. So what point exactly are you taking issue with?

Huh?

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's actions. There is nothing Biden could say that would shed any light on what Trump is accused of doing.
If the corruption was true, it woulf justify trumps actions.
Would it? How does that prove he wasn’t politically motivated?

It's team blues job to prove it was politically motivated.

LOL....
Bolton is a direct witness.

If anyone thought there was anything to the corruption allegations against the Bidens, they would have been gathering that evidence and we would have heard about it. Trump has come up with nothing but his dopey allegation. None of the govt agencies have come up with anything.Barr did nothing. Not one hearing has been held on the subject by any Senate committee.That tells you everything you need to know.
Enabling the lunatic ravings of the president is not a good look for the Senate. They know it.
Trump has a right to defend his motivations for calling for the investigation. In that defense the Reps will try and show that Biden was as corrupt as possible. To do so they will want to call him as a witness. It’s pretty simple. I still don’t get how you don’t see it
I do see it. Your play only works if there were any evidence of corruption at the start. There isn't. As far as I can tell, Trump is the only one alleging so.
Trump's defense comes in showing the corruption he is alleging. Do you honestly believe the Bidens will admit to corruption?
first off, it’s not MY play. No I don’t think Biden will admit to anything but I think the Republicans have a narrative they want to push and they will exploit Biden to fit that narrative.

Don't forget that will be determined by a simple majority vote. I think they won't get it if they play too dirty.
If you think the four Republican senators needed to make that majority vote are going to only go along with the Democratic witnesses and not the Republican witnesses then I don’t think you are working with a full deck

I think they'll go along with witnesses who are material to the case against the president. The Bidens aren't on trial. The president is.

Trump has a right to defend his motivations for calling for the investigation. In that defense the Reps will try and show that Biden was as corrupt as possible. To do so they will want to call him as a witness. It’s pretty simple. I still don’t get how you don’t see it
I do see it. Your play only works if there were any evidence of corruption at the start. There isn't. As far as I can tell, Trump is the only one alleging so.
Trump's defense comes in showing the corruption he is alleging. Do you honestly believe the Bidens will admit to corruption?
first off, it’s not MY play. No I don’t think Biden will admit to anything but I think the Republicans have a narrative they want to push and they will exploit Biden to fit that narrative.

Don't forget that will be determined by a simple majority vote. I think they won't get it if they play too dirty.
If you think the four Republican senators needed to make that majority vote are going to only go along with the Democratic witnesses and not the Republican witnesses then I don’t think you are working with a full deck

I think they'll go along with witnesses who are material to the case against the president. The Bidens aren't on trial. The president is.
because of the bidens alleged actions.

you really need to take things as a whole, not just the pieces that make you giggle.

you really need to take things as a whole, not just the pieces that make you giggle.

That is simply the president's excuse. His narrative. There is no evidence whatsoever of any wrongdoing by the Bidens. It's only relevant to his imagination.

Having the Bidens testify is like having Obama testify about his birth certificate.

In a court of law I agree, in the court of public opinion I think that point gets lost and I don’t think it keeps the Reps from steam rolling the attacks on Biden

The point will then be made that the Republicans will be doing exactly what the president is accused of doing. Smearing his political opponent with the result of gaining advantage without any evidence of corruption whatsoever.

Public opinion will not favor that play.
Dems won’t favor that play, I agree there, but republicans will favor it, which is why Biden will get called as a witness and his associations will be exploited.

Great. So when nothing nefarious is found but now the Biden name is diminished by the process, they will have accomplished the president's goal.
Exactly... and Papa Joe could very well get hurt by it. It’s why I’ve been warning about moving on impeachment for months.

The political antics of the weak, unprincipled Republicans is not a sufficient barrier to pursuing the truth of the actions by the most corrupt president ever. Such tactics will be seen as abhorrent by the majority of America.

"Unprincipled Republicans"...that is a hoot coming from Democrat. Astoundingly ignorant and ironic.

That is simply the president's excuse. His narrative. There is no evidence whatsoever of any wrongdoing by the Bidens. It's only relevant to his imagination.

Having the Bidens testify is like having Obama testify about his birth certificate.

There is likewise no evidence that Trump withheld the aid for political gain and there is also no evidence of a quid pro quo as the call transcript was released. So why are we having a trial at all? Using your premise, we can't try someone to uncover evidence of a crime, even with probable cause. In the case of Trump and Biden, there is probable cause to investigate, in fact, the very existence of probable cause in the case of Biden is enough to exonerate Trump. He is the President of the US and has an obligation to protect the US against corruption.

"In order to prove Trump abused his presidential powers to the point that he no longer can be trusted in exercising them—the constitutional standard for impeachment—Congress must establish Trump’s intent in making the request. Was it done in good faith, with U.S. foreign or domestic interests in mind, or in bad faith, merely for Trump’s personal and political benefit? To prove the latter, Congress can’t rely on Trump’s words alone; it must show that the charges of corruption against the Bidens are baseless and that Trump’s request to Ukraine is part of a pattern of bad faith demonstrating that the nation no longer can tolerate his incumbency."

In other words, getting Biden's testimony is paramount to proving the case against Trump. You don't get it and I don't care. The Senate will either drop the whole thing or they will be calling Biden and his son, as they should.

there is also no evidence that trump said "look into it" for political gain vs. finding out *IF* there was any wrongdoing.

it's quite telling that you are adamant that the bidens did NOTHING wrong despite all the regional corruption but trump is dead set guilty for saying "look into it".

you're pissed cause it gets in the way of you validating your hate once again. all there is to it.

grow up.

The point will then be made that the Republicans will be doing exactly what the president is accused of doing. Smearing his political opponent with the result of gaining advantage without any evidence of corruption whatsoever.

Public opinion will not favor that play.
Dems won’t favor that play, I agree there, but republicans will favor it, which is why Biden will get called as a witness and his associations will be exploited.

Great. So when nothing nefarious is found but now the Biden name is diminished by the process, they will have accomplished the president's goal.
Exactly... and Papa Joe could very well get hurt by it. It’s why I’ve been warning about moving on impeachment for months.

The political antics of the weak, unprincipled Republicans is not a sufficient barrier to pursuing the truth of the actions by the most corrupt president ever. Such tactics will be seen as abhorrent by the majority of America.

"Unprincipled Republicans"...that is a hoot coming from Democrat. Astoundingly ignorant and ironic.

It's obvious to those who care to see.

There is likewise no evidence that Trump withheld the aid for political gain and there is also no evidence of a quid pro quo as the call transcript was released. So why are we having a trial at all? Using your premise, we can't try someone to uncover evidence of a crime, even with probable cause. In the case of Trump and Biden, there is probable cause to investigate, in fact, the very existence of probable cause in the case of Biden is enough to exonerate Trump. He is the President of the US and has an obligation to protect the US against corruption.

"In order to prove Trump abused his presidential powers to the point that he no longer can be trusted in exercising them—the constitutional standard for impeachment—Congress must establish Trump’s intent in making the request. Was it done in good faith, with U.S. foreign or domestic interests in mind, or in bad faith, merely for Trump’s personal and political benefit? To prove the latter, Congress can’t rely on Trump’s words alone; it must show that the charges of corruption against the Bidens are baseless and that Trump’s request to Ukraine is part of a pattern of bad faith demonstrating that the nation no longer can tolerate his incumbency."

In other words, getting Biden's testimony is paramount to proving the case against Trump. You don't get it and I don't care. The Senate will either drop the whole thing or they will be calling Biden and his son, as they should.
There is likewise no evidence that Trump withheld the aid for political gain and there is also no evidence of a quid pro quo as the call transcript was released.
LOL...
There is more than sufficient evidence. Parnas just spilled....bigly.
Bolton also knows.

It's up to Trump to prove corruption on the part of the Bidens. Not for them to disprove Trump's claims.
Witnesses corroborate or disprove evidence. There is not one shred of evidence supporting corruption by the Bidens that has been entered by anyone.

there is also no evidence that trump said "look into it" for political gain vs. finding out *IF* there was any wrongdoing.

it's quite telling that you are adamant that the bidens did NOTHING wrong despite all the regional corruption but trump is dead set guilty for saying "look into it".

you're pissed cause it gets in the way of you validating your hate once again. all there is to it.

grow up.

See post above for clarity.

Feel free to "school me" by posting the evidence of corruption by the Bidens.

Forum List

Back