The Time Muhammad Ali Knocked out Trump over His Islamophobia

Did he join islam to escape service? As a scam?
No, he joined to become a Muslim.If it was a sham he would have reverted after the war. He didn't.
Also, considering the sacrifice he made that robbed him of his peak boxing years, the validity of his religious conversion is indisputable.

Dream on. All the shit about Islamaphobia doesn't make Islamic terrorists or 9/11 go away. May Cassius Clay rest in peace.
WhenJohn Wayne died did you wish that Marion Morrison rest in peace?
I despised most of Marion Morrison's films. Hell I can't even remember any of her films.
You are joking, aren't you? Marion Morrison IS John Wayne's real sissy name given to him by his parents. People respect him enough to call him John Wayne even now. Apparently you don't reserve such respect for Muhammad Ali!
How many people here are mourning the deaths of the 9 Ft Hood soldiers that got drowned? Or are they still deep in mourning for a dope head (Prince) and a draft dodging Cassius Clay who belonged to the Nation Of Islam, a benevolent charity?

Clay's membership in Farrakhans Nation of Islam is all I need to know about him.
Louis Farrakhan on Donald Trump: 'I Like What I’m Looking At'
What does that have to do with a draft dodging Islamist?
He did not dodge the draft. He did not flee the country or seek deferments.
He refused to be drafted and lost his boxing title for 4 years. "I ain't got nuthin against them Viet Cong."
Some other poor sucker got drafted in his place and who knows that guy's fate?
Being a life long soldier I abhor anyone who won't answer the call to duty.
So you are a report who will do whatever a politician tells you to as long as they say it's your duty...

Who knows how many lives Ali saved by taking a stance that helped the political winds shift towards peace?
1. I follow the Constitition and
2. His cowardice sent a lot of people to Canada, by golly.

Dream on. All the shit about Islamaphobia doesn't make Islamic terrorists or 9/11 go away. May Cassius Clay rest in peace.
I despised most of Marion Morrison's films. Hell I can't even remember any of her films.
You are joking, aren't you? Marion Morrison IS John Wayne's real sissy name given to him by his parents. People respect him enough to call him John Wayne even now. Apparently you don't reserve such respect for Muhammad Ali!
We are so easy to play games. Forgive the sarcasm. Cassius Clay rest in peace. I am fully aware of who and what he was. The Islamic stuff, fluff. We all die in our time, and we can't reinvent ourselves with a pseudonym.

Seven months ago he verbally clocked little hands

The boxing legend did not hold punches just seven months ago when he slammed the Republican presidential candidate over his anti-Muslims comments.

Clay's membership in Farrakhans Nation of Islam is all I need to know about him.
Louis Farrakhan on Donald Trump: 'I Like What I’m Looking At'
What does that have to do with a draft dodging Islamist?
He did not dodge the draft. He did not flee the country or seek deferments.
He refused to be drafted and lost his boxing title for 4 years. "I ain't got nuthin against them Viet Cong."
Well congress fixed that didn't they?. Now only the desperate poor and underprivileged people of the USA have to fight our wars. That "call of duty" sure disappeared fast after the draft dodgers came back home, got elected, and ended conscription to protect their kids. But they left an opening for Whites who came in as officers…. they have the option to resign at any time while the poor enlisted soldiers have to stay the entire enlistment term.

Seven months ago he verbally clocked little hands

The boxing legend did not hold punches just seven months ago when he slammed the Republican presidential candidate over his anti-Muslims comments.

"“I am a Muslim and there is nothing Islamic about killing innocent people in Paris, San Bernardino, or anywhere else in the world. True Muslims know that the ruthless violence of so called Islamic jihadists goes against the very tenets of our religion,” the champion said in a statement on Dec. 9.

“We as Muslims have to stand up to those who use Islam to advance their own personal agenda. They have alienated many from learning about Islam. True Muslims know or should know that it goes against our religion to try and force Islam on anybody.

Speaking as someone who has never been accused of political correctness, I believe that our political leaders should use their position to bring understanding about the religion of Islam and clarify that these misguided murderers have perverted people's views on what Isam really is.”
"

Great speech and agreed. The author of the article, or the editor, would have served the meaning and spirit of Ali's speech better if he'd spent less time poking at Trump and, more generally, poked at all those who preach violence, hate and divisiveness.

Muhammad Ali was only a member of the Nation of Islam for a short period of time.

Much like Malcolm X had done a few years earlier.

Muhammad Ali in 1975 left the Nation of Islam and embraced mainstream sunni Islam. ....... :cool:

Wasn't that the same year he came down with Parkinsons'?.........:scared1:

And then there was the rant he famously went on against interracial relationships.

We are so easy to play games. Forgive the sarcasm. Cassius Clay rest in peace. I am fully aware of who and what he was. The Islamic stuff, fluff. We all die in our time, and we can't reinvent ourselves with a pseudonym.

The name 'Muhammad Ali' was no pseudonym. That was legally Ali's name when he changed it. And just because you don't like that doesn't it make it less profound. His actions show he accepted and believed in his Islamic faith. He never wavered even after the Vietnam war was long ended.
Changing his name from one handed down from slave masters to one imbued within the spiritual connotation of his faith severed his ties to slavery and signaled his rebirth as a free and independent man.

Wasn't that the same year he came down with Parkinsons'?.........:scared1:
Nope.......he was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1984. ...... :cool:

"Ali was diagnosed in 1984, three years after he retired, but Okun said his neurological problems were evident in his later fights. In some ways, Okun said, it was good that Ali was forced to retire early. If he’d continued to fight, he might have done more damage to his brain".

Head trauma may have contributed to Ali's Parkinson's

Cassius Clay died directly from a disease inflicted willfully? Bashing other men's brains out and he had his gray matter turned to jelly? I am sorry he died, but that's the cycle of life.

I do draw a line between a true conscientious objector and simple draft-dodging cowards like Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney and Rush Limbaugh. Ali didn't skip the country and was willing to go to prison for his moral convictions. His integrity is not at issue here as shown by his works post-Vietnam.

Let's not forget that one of the greatest soldiers in Army history, Alvin York, was a conscientious objector even though, as the link below displays, he was persuaded otherwise.

The Legends and Traditions of the Great War: Sergeant Alvin York
By most accounts, York's conversion was sincere and complete. He quit drinking, gambling, and fighting. When the United States declared war on Germany on April 6, 1917, York's new found faith would be tested. York received his draft notice from his friend, the postmaster and pastor, Rosier Pile, on June 5, 1917, just six months prior to his thirtieth birthday. Because of the Church of Christ in Christian Union's proscriptions against war, Pile encouraged York to seek conscientious objector status. York wrote on his draft card: "Dont [sic] want to fight."

Cassius Clay died directly from a disease inflicted willfully? Bashing other men's brains out and he had his gray matter turned to jelly? I am sorry he died, but that's the cycle of life.

Nothing to do with gray matter. Parkinson's disease affects the nervous system and little was known about when he was boxing. Anyway, just want to be sure that you know the disease doesn't turn people into drooling wingnuts, that's something else.

The name 'Muhammad Ali' was no pseudonym. That was legally Ali's name when he changed it. And just because you don't like that doesn't it make it less profound. His actions show he accepted and believed in his Islamic faith. He never wavered even after the Vietnam war was long ended.
Changing his name from one handed down from slave masters to one imbued within the spiritual connotation of his faith severed his ties to slavery and signaled his rebirth as a free and independent man.
His birth name was Cassias Clay . If you don't like it, so what. He made a living that turned his brain to jelly, that is to bad, perhaps we need to end that barbaric endeavor and stop calling "BOXING" a sport.

How many people here are mourning the deaths of the 9 Ft Hood soldiers that got drowned? Or are they still deep in mourning for a dope head (Prince) and a draft dodging Cassius Clay who belonged to the Nation Of Islam, a benevolent charity?
We are all mourning for those 9 dead soldiers on other threads…why don't you go join us there! This one is about Muhammad Ali. Geesh you are sooo dense.

Prince is not the topic here either, fool…and he was not a dope head…he was taking painkillers because his intense performances caused him injury that was so painful he was forced to undertake desperate measures.

And Ali was no draft dodger. He faced the draft head on by refusing to step forward when asked to do so. That took courage… He wanted no part of your brand of Americanism and I don't blame him considering the era in which that event occurred! One look at your narratives is enough to alienate most Blacks. and there seemed to be a lot more of your kind back then!

His birth name was Cassias Clay . If you don't like it, so what. He made a living that turned his brain to jelly, that is to bad, perhaps we need to end that barbaric endeavor and stop calling "BOXING" a sport.
Do me a favor..PLEASE walk up to one of his daughters and tell them that…PLEASSEEEEE!

The point being the political hypocrisy of those who continue to say "Cassius Clay" but don't ever say Marion Morrison.

As for boxing; it was an honest living. If a soldier has a TBI or is a paraplegic, do you condemn them for their chosen profession?

Forum List

Back