The Thanksgiving Thread

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Okay holiday fevah has hit...I've been thinking of NOTHING but Thanksgiving dinner and how I'm going to put it together!

So far it looks like me, the two niblets, and one friend whose daughter is a vegetarian (and who is spending T-day with her boyfriend's family)....

So...

What shall we feast upon?

Turkey
Stuffing (I think I might make some sourdough stuffing!)
Gravy
mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Corn souffle
green bean casserole
Strawberry jello
Crab salad
Turkey gravy
Homemade rolls
Jam

Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Mincemeat pie

What am I missing????

Whore's duvers:

clam dip
ruffle chips

I think my guest is bringing spinach dip and bread...

Pickles, olives...hmm mmmm

:D

Oh and eggnog...and cola...and lots of whipped cream for everything...and CRANBERRIES, I think I forgot the cranberries.

sadly.... unless we eat before, we will be being starved out a a fiends of the families. She doesn't like to have ANY leftovers in the house...... so for 15 people she will cook an 8 pound bird....

:cheers2:

i do my bird the following saturday.

OMG! That's criminal!!!!

A fiend of the family, eh? I certainly relate.

okay holiday fevah has hit...i've been thinking of nothing but thanksgiving dinner and how i'm going to put it together!

So far it looks like me, the two niblets, and one friend whose daughter is a vegetarian (and who is spending t-day with her boyfriend's family)....

So...

Turkey
stuffing (i think i might make some sourdough stuffing!)
gravy
mashed potatoes
sweet potato casserole
corn souffle
green bean casserole
strawberry jello
crab salad
turkey gravy
homemade rolls
jam

pumpkin pie
apple pie
mincemeat pie

what am i missing????

me!

Okay holiday fevah has hit...I've been thinking of NOTHING but Thanksgiving dinner and how I'm going to put it together!

So far it looks like me, the two niblets, and one friend whose daughter is a vegetarian (and who is spending T-day with her boyfriend's family)....

So...

Turkey
Stuffing (I think I might make some sourdough stuffing!)
Gravy
mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Corn souffle
green bean casserole
Strawberry jello
Crab salad
Turkey gravy
Homemade rolls
Jam

Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Mincemeat pie

What am I missing????

Cranberries
Cranberry Salad (Jello)
Sweet Potato Pie
Pecan Pie

Our family hits the Chinese buffet on turkey day.
We were burned out on traditional foods of the holiday decades ago.

I get a pass on cooking this year. My daughter hasn't quite fully informed me of details but it sounds like she and some of her friends are going to do all the cooking and then we'll all get together for a family/friends dinner. God knows they don't need me doing any cooking - all of them are good cooks. My daughter is like Queen Midas when she cooks - everything turns to gold!

Ooh..that sounds promising!

I was actually invited to spend Thanksgiving with my dear friend in the city, but it looks like we're staying home.

I do wish I had a commercial kitchen and a big hall to serve in though.

I would like to rent the America Legion! That would be sort of cool! We used to do that for our family reunion around Christmas time!

I have Thanksgiving in my house. My dad & my sister. Also my mother-in-law and father - in-law. Here is a recipe I would like to share that is a favorite with everyone:

Chunky Cranberry Applesauce

6 cups chopped peeled apples...(I use granny smith)
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup pack brown sugar
2 tablespoons red-hot candies
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat: simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.

Stir in the raisins, brown sugar, red-hots, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until candies are dissolved. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.

My personal preference, I like to refrigerate. I will make this on Wednesday.

Forum List

Back