The Terrible Truth About Cannabis:...20-year Study...demolishes Claims That Smoking Pot Is Harmless

hmm my older brother got hooked on weed when he ws about 14 and was never the same again. caused him to be extremely paranoid especialy later in life. constantly accused people of saying things they didnt, thought people were plotting against him, thought there were bugs in the walls, we ended up fighting battles over nothing. It was definatley the marijuana in his case. It was like night and day once he started smoking it, but at the time I didnt realize what it was. I basicaly lost my brother over that shit. I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance

• One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent
  • It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
  • Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development
  • Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash
  • Study's author said: 'If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin'

Read more: The terrible truth about cannabis Expert s devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance

Thats because the potential for humans to have chemical imbalances are present without smoking weed.

during brief periods when he was hospitalized for other things and couldnt smoke, he was pretty sane, again but once he was able to get marijuana again he would become crazy and unbearable to be around. You dont have to believe it, and I know it doesnt affect everyone that way, but Im just posting what I saw over and over again. Just a warning for something to watch out for

I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance

Thats because the potential for humans to have chemical imbalances are present without smoking weed.

during brief periods when he was hospitalized for other things and couldnt smoke, he was pretty sane, again but once he was able to get marijuana again he would become crazy and unbearable to be around. You dont have to believe it, and I know it doesnt affect everyone that way, but Im just posting what I saw over and over again. Just a warning for something to watch out for
I can believe it. I have seen it for myself. So you are saying weed was a catalyst for his problems? Gotcha.

Last edited:

So you are saying weed was a catalyst for his problems? Gotcha.

Pretty much the case, and years later I heard a doctor talking about the very same thing and that it was a small percentage of the population according to him that will have this problem. It may have had something to do with starting young as well? Im not sure about that, but the other thing is he would smoke large amounts to excess

Let's ban alcohol. What do you think?

That's pretty simplistic thinking.

Alcohol is a socially accepted drug and it's even used in religious ceremonies. So unless we ban alcohol then we have to permit other, equally dangerous drugs into the culture. Alcohol is a done deal, it's deep in society. It's going to be very difficult to root it out. Unless we do root it out then we need to allow more drugs to be legal in order to be fair.

This is using "fairness" in a totally bizarre way.

If you wife physically abuses your kids, then you too get to abuse them, to be fair and all, and only if she stops physically abusing them will you stop too. Make sense to you?

Forum List

Back