The Tea Party vs a $70 million HS Football Stadium

What's your literacy rate down there? Oh...never mind. I don't want to embarrass you.

I see you acting out again, showing your ass. Glad you left Texas, we dont want limp wristed sissy boys around here.

Well, you got 'em. Especially when Mark White was governor. Lots of gay men in his admin. I wasn't one of them because I am a woman. I left Texas in 1990.

Dont need no manly women either, stay where you are please.

It is no wonder that the backwards culture of Texas keeps electing morons like Bush and Perry.

That education system also puts out voters for Ted Cruz

I heard the ISD down there rejected it. I'm frankly shocked. But this is a great opportunity for the "corporate sponsorship" to now take over and show the public sector how to turn a profit on HS Sports...right?

LOL.

How much you want to bet that no "public spirited" company does that

actually Coca Cola sponsored ours back in Texas.
Facilities

Quote:

"School sports should be abolished. Period."

They have been abolished already.

Result: Overweight, fat and obese kids.

A mandatory 2 years in the military for citizens who turn 18 would solve a lot of that. Just my 2 cents.

The strength of America`s military lies in the fact that its members are volunteers, who WANT to be there.

If there was military draft and you were 18 years old and just received your draft notice, you would probably burn it and bolt to Canada as your fellow liberals did a generation ago.

Just my 2 cents.

While I think they are nuts for even proposing such a stadium, what does that have to do with high school sports, and why should they be abolished? Please give us a list of pros and cons of high school sports to back up your thinking.

The cons are simple...sports of all types takes away from the time allocated to students learning. It also sucks money away from better technology, better pay for teachers, better facilities, etc...

I'm all for intramurals (I get confused on that and intermurals so I apologize if I got the wording wrong) where you split your Physical Education class into two teams and let them play one another in basketball, volleyball, flag football or whatever. But what you don't need to do is bus them across town to play another school. That serves no purpose beyond what they learn in standard PE.

The private sector can field teams if there is that much demand for the activity.

As for the "pros"? None come to mind except you get to wear your uniform to school on game day as we used to do. I wanted to wear my cleats to class but I couldn't...:doubt:

Bill Moyers dedicated an entire program to the "professional football" high schools in Texas and how they promote heavily to colleges and the NFL as early hunting grounds for up and coming players. It's sick.

yep. I saw a story last month how a Highschooler was being eyed, not by a college but by the NFL. :eusa_eh: Shows where people's priorities lie. Add to that the issue of healthcare for retired players, which no one wants to pay for, and you have a win -win for the corporations/owners.

Quote:

"School sports should be abolished. Period."

They have been abolished already.

Result: Overweight, fat and obese kids.

A mandatory 2 years in the military for citizens who turn 18 would solve a lot of that. Just my 2 cents.

The strength of America`s military lies in the fact that its members are volunteers, who WANT to be there.

If there was military draft and you were 18 years old and just received your draft notice, you would probably burn it and bolt to Canada as your fellow liberals did a generation ago.

Just my 2 cents.

We'd still have an all volunteer miliatry. But they would be supported by a national guard that is predicated on 2 years mandatory cumpulsory service...whether your name is Jane Doe or Sasha Obama.

As for bolting to Canada, I know you guys don't like details so I won't bore you with them but when your nation is at war that it's leaders are deeming unwinnable and are suing for peace, you think twice about going into battle.

Secondarily, this isn't a draft; it's part of the deal...you turn 18 and you spend 2 years on patrol supporting the standing army. Do we really need active duty MP's guarding Luke AFB?

Just my 2 cents.

We'd still have an all volunteer miliatry. But they would be supported by a national guard that is predicated on 2 years mandatory cumpulsory service...whether your name is Jane Doe or Sasha Obama.

As for bolting to Canada, I know you guys don't like details so I won't bore you with them but when your nation is at war that it's leaders are deeming unwinnable and are suing for peace, you think twice about going into battle.

Secondarily, this isn't a draft; it's part of the deal...you turn 18 and you spend 2 years on patrol supporting the standing army. Do we really need active duty MP's guarding Luke AFB?

good points. Vietraq would never had happened had repubs realized their kids might have to go to one of those Halliburton/KBR bases over there.

Guess which state?

The Tea Party vs. the $70 million high school football stadium - The Week

In Texas, pretty much the only thing more popular than low taxes is football. Hence the awkward battle in Katy, Texas, over a proposal to build the most expensive high school football stadium in the United States.

The 14,000-seat stadium would be built next to the 10,000-seat stadium the school already has. Improvements would include state-of-the-art lighting, concourses to provide shelter during storms, bigger bathrooms, and adjacent field houses to hold weight rooms and offices for the staff. The proposed price tag is $69.5 million.

Every other stadium that even comes close is located in, you guessed it, Texas. That includes the $49 million Woodforest Bank Stadium near Houston and the Alamo Stadium in San Antonio, a 23,000-seat facility that is currently undergoing a $35 million renovation.

Of course, it's not Jerry Jones who is footing the nearly $70 million bill for Katy's new football stadium; it's the taxpayers, as part of a $100 million bond package. And that has some local Tea Party members, like Cyndi Lawrence, angry, according to the Houston Chronicle:

A $69 million price tag for a second stadium is excessive on the backs of the taxpayers … Just a few years ago, the housing market crashed. Who's to say this market is stable? If something happens again, they will be forced to raise taxes. I think it's just bad planning, putting that much debt on future generations.

It did get shot down due to the obammy economy. As soon as he's gone and the economy picks up they'll build it.
Oh...the reason Texas can afford to build stadiums like this is obvious if you'll admit it to yourself.

Guess which state?

In Texas, pretty much the only thing more popular than low taxes is football. Hence the awkward battle in Katy, Texas, over a proposal to build the most expensive high school football stadium in the United States.

The 14,000-seat stadium would be built next to the 10,000-seat stadium the school already has. Improvements would include state-of-the-art lighting, concourses to provide shelter during storms, bigger bathrooms, and adjacent field houses to hold weight rooms and offices for the staff. The proposed price tag is $69.5 million.

Every other stadium that even comes close is located in, you guessed it, Texas. That includes the $49 million Woodforest Bank Stadium near Houston and the Alamo Stadium in San Antonio, a 23,000-seat facility that is currently undergoing a $35 million renovation.

Of course, it's not Jerry Jones who is footing the nearly $70 million bill for Katy's new football stadium; it's the taxpayers, as part of a $100 million bond package. And that has some local Tea Party members, like Cyndi Lawrence, angry, according to the Houston Chronicle:

A $69 million price tag for a second stadium is excessive on the backs of the taxpayers … Just a few years ago, the housing market crashed. Who's to say this market is stable? If something happens again, they will be forced to raise taxes. I think it's just bad planning, putting that much debt on future generations.

It did get shot down due to the obammy economy. As soon as he's gone and the economy picks up they'll build it.
Oh...the reason Texas can afford to build stadiums like this is obvious if you'll admit it to yourself.

Ummmm...let me guess

Misplaced priorities?

From the article:

This is going to cause so much confusion. Didn't Texas just earlier this year have problems paving their roads :lol:

Now the taxes are going toward a football stadium?

The Next news article is going to be: Cut Football stadium or raise taxes? Texans respond with mass suicide.

So you're saying the funding comes from the same place?
I went to Katy ISD and have lived in the area my whole life. Trust me when I say the district can afford it.

$70 million

Would pay for 175,000 laptop computers
Would pay a years tuition at a Texas University for 14,000 students

Where does the educational dollar go in Texas?
FOOTBALL

So now you are a TEA PARTY supporter, Right? It's nice to see you've come around.

With how the AYP goes(Annual Yearly Progress), this year schools will have to be at 100% in reading and math.
It might be quite coincidental that this texas school is right there at the door step.
Coincidental? I think so.
:eusa_shifty:

$70 million

FOOTBALL

Oh your just jealous RW.

Allen HS
Test Scores
U.S. News calculates these values based on student performance on state exit exams and internationally available exams on college-level course work (AP®/IB exams).

Proficient in Reading 98%
Proficient in Math 96%
College Readiness Index 29.6

We are smart and can play kick ass football as well.

Allen High School Football Rankings
Team Varsity 13-14 Overall 9-0 District 4-0
CoachTom Westerberg Address301 Rivercrest Blvd, Allen, TX 75002
Xcellent 25 Rank 3 National Rank 2 State (TX) Rank 1

Guess which state?

Ummmm...let me guess

Misplaced priorities?

Wrong...but since you're a lib I'll give you three more tries.

$70 million

FOOTBALL

Which would all be trashed in a couple of years. Great investment........:cuckoo:

Yeah education what a ripoff :doubt:

175,000 Laptops? :lol: F'n stupid. The vast majority of the students that go to KISD can afford their own laptop.
And the way our current education system is going....? Yeah it's a ripoff.

Forum List

Back