The Tea Party vs a $70 million HS Football Stadium

$70 million

Would pay for 175,000 laptop computers
Would pay a years tuition at a Texas University for 14,000 students

Where does the educational dollar go in Texas?
FOOTBALL

and money via corporate sponsorships help bring back money into the coffers. while i think 70 million for a HS football stadium is ridiculous, the voters approved it. it is not your money, so why are you bitching about it?

I am a USMB poster......I get to bitch about anything I please

In this case, Texans bitching about taxes while they waste money on a 70 million stadium for teenagers

$70 million

Would pay for 175,000 laptop computers
Would pay a years tuition at a Texas University for 14,000 students

Where does the educational dollar go in Texas?
FOOTBALL

and money via corporate sponsorships help bring back money into the coffers. while i think 70 million for a HS football stadium is ridiculous, the voters approved it. it is not your money, so why are you bitching about it?

I am a USMB poster......I get to bitch about anything I please

In this case, Texans bitching about taxes while they waste money on a 70 million stadium for teenagers

All that bitching for nothing, the bond proposal failed. Next subject.

School sports should be abolished. Period.

If the residents of Katy, Texas, want to support a local football team, they should do so with private funds.

This is insanity on steroids.

While I think they are nuts for even proposing such a stadium, what does that have to do with high school sports, and why should they be abolished? Please give us a list of pros and cons of high school sports to back up your thinking.

If the residents of Katy, Texas, want to support a local football team, they should do so with private funds.

While I think they are nuts for even proposing such a stadium, what does that have to do with high school sports, and why should they be abolished? Please give us a list of pros and cons of high school sports to back up your thinking.

Actually, to support the football team, all you need is a 100 yard field

The 70 million is to support the fans

TEXAS and PENNSYLVANIA --two states that are somewhat nuts based on their affection for all things football.

RW is Jealous because his schools football field looks like this

capital-one-turf.jpg

:lol:

It is no wonder that the backwards culture of Texas keeps electing morons like Bush and Perry.

That education system also puts out voters for Ted Cruz

I heard the ISD down there rejected it. I'm frankly shocked. But this is a great opportunity for the "corporate sponsorship" to now take over and show the public sector how to turn a profit on HS Sports...right?

LOL.

How much you want to bet that no "public spirited" company does that

The cons are simple...sports of all types takes away from the time allocated to students learning. It also sucks money away from better technology, better pay for teachers, better facilities, etc...

I'm all for intramurals (I get confused on that and intermurals so I apologize if I got the wording wrong) where you split your Physical Education class into two teams and let them play one another in basketball, volleyball, flag football or whatever. But what you don't need to do is bus them across town to play another school. That serves no purpose beyond what they learn in standard PE.

The private sector can field teams if there is that much demand for the activity.

As for the "pros"? None come to mind except you get to wear your uniform to school on game day as we used to do. I wanted to wear my cleats to class but I couldn't...:doubt:

That aint a football stadium. Now this is a football stadium. Allen TX my home town

allen-stadium-001.jpg

What's your literacy rate down there? Oh...never mind. I don't want to embarrass you.

I see you acting out again, showing your ass. Glad you left Texas, we dont want limp wristed sissy boys around here.

Well, you got 'em. Especially when Mark White was governor. Lots of gay men in his admin. I wasn't one of them because I am a woman. I left Texas in 1990.

The cons are simple...sports of all types takes away from the time allocated to students learning. It also sucks money away from better technology, better pay for teachers, better facilities, etc...

I'm all for intramurals (I get confused on that and intermurals so I apologize if I got the wording wrong) where you split your Physical Education class into two teams and let them play one another in basketball, volleyball, flag football or whatever. But what you don't need to do is bus them across town to play another school. That serves no purpose beyond what they learn in standard PE.

The private sector can field teams if there is that much demand for the activity.

As for the "pros"? None come to mind except you get to wear your uniform to school on game day as we used to do. I wanted to wear my cleats to class but I couldn't...:doubt:

Bill Moyers dedicated an entire program to the "professional football" high schools in Texas and how they promote heavily to colleges and the NFL as early hunting grounds for up and coming players. It's sick.

Forum List

Back