The Talmud will save Judaism

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

Given this set of predicaments, is a Jewish renewal possible in the 21st century? We believe it is. The secret to this renewal lies in understanding that the genius of Judaism resides in its Talmudic tradition.

The lyricism of the Koran is unsurpassed and the New Testament's teachings on universal love and brotherhood are more progressive than many a passage of Leviticus. Thus, emphasizing the Bible as the starting point to appreciating Judaism is a losing proposition. However, as anyone who has studied in a yeshiva knows well, the Bible is not the cornerstone of traditional Judaism. The Talmud is the key to appreciating Judaism.

Secularized Jews must be exposed to the depth and beauty of rabbinical literature in order to be captivated by their faith. For this approach to succeed, rabbis should start to deemphasize the divine origin of the Bible as a principle of faith. It is the Talmud whose quest deserves reverence as divinely inspired.

The sooner the Jewish and rabbinical establishments understand that teaching the Talmud is the key to Jewish continuity, the more successful are efforts to draw Jews back to Judaism bound to be. The Talmud may no longer shield Jews from assimilation thanks to its social and dietary restrictions. However it can disabuse many young Jews from the prejudice that Judaism is anachronistic. If anything, the Talmud was and remains well ahead of its times.

The Talmud will save Judaism - Israel Jewish Scene Ynetnews

It would be wise to look up the terms anachronistic and (lyricism of the Koran is unsurpassed)
and lyricism.

The writer here is saying, the OT is and has become obsolete, the Talmud is for today. Even the Quran and NT is better than the Torah.

Talmud is the corruption of original Judaism which had no such text. The call for an Oral Torah was just that. An oral/verbal version. Lest what worked or had an application for one group of Jews somewhere came to bind all Jews everywhere as Talmud did. Once you write something down that's authoritative it can' tbe changed. That's why the Oral Torah was to remain a verbal version so disparate groups of Jews could have their own versions with no one version coming to hold sway over the entire world.

Who gave Talmudic Jews this authority? Wasn't God. Was the rabbis themselves. They gave themselves the authority so consider the source.

Well I agree, which means the Torah, give Israelites no right to the land of Palestine. I laught at the PM of Israel who is secular, and then quotes the Torah.

Also , to declare the bible not divine, and obsolete , makes the NT and Christianity obsolete, does it not.

Well I agree, which means the Torah, give Israelites no right to the land of Palestine. I laught at the PM of Israel who is secular, and then quotes the Torah.

Also , to declare the bible not divine, and obsolete , makes the NT and Christianity obsolete, does it not.

Israel's claim to Israel dates back to Torah's writing. If you have some writing that dates back further, present it and start winning that particular arguement.

We studied the fall of Judah in history and it was like any other conquered city in 600 BC. If I am not mistaken, the people of Judah who escaped to the mountains are what history considers Jews. Many of the people of Judah did not have a problem with their new kings, at least not all of them, and went about their lives. I wonder about people who dwell on the past, especially an ancient past, and who write their history, or rewrite it, giving their faction a special connection or purpose/power over others. Basically, I equate it to the rebel flaggers who still fight the civil war. They also live in the past and give themselves special credence over others. One should remember that all books were written and edited by men, and those men had an agenda, and their writing reflected the times. Times change, the world changes, people need to as well. That's just my opinion on the subject.

Talmud is the corruption of original Judaism which had no such text. The call for an Oral Torah was just that. An oral/verbal version. Lest what worked or had an application for one group of Jews somewhere came to bind all Jews everywhere as Talmud did. Once you write something down that's authoritative it can' tbe changed. That's why the Oral Torah was to remain a verbal version so disparate groups of Jews could have their own versions with no one version coming to hold sway over the entire world.

Who gave Talmudic Jews this authority? Wasn't God. Was the rabbis themselves. They gave themselves the authority so consider the source.
Jesus's biggest beef with the Rabbi's of his time was their teaching that the Oral Torah trumped the original Torah handed down to Moses. ..... :cool:

Jesus's biggest beef with the Rabbi's of his time was their teaching that the Oral Torah trumped the original Torah handed down to Moses. ..... :cool:

Sounds like a smart man. :)

That is true.

Israel's claim to Israel dates back to Torah's writing. If you have some writing that dates back further, present it and start winning that particular arguement.

The torah is obsolete and has been for centuries, so get over it. Also wrote my men. You have no right to Palestine, no Godly divine right.

Thanks

I spent about two years studying and reading the Torah in depth in order to understand the foundational teachings of the New Testament.

And to learn what Jesus's real mission was........ and what he was trying to tell the jewish people. ..... :cool:

That is true, but Jesus was more progressive .
Thanks

I spent about two years studying and reading the Torah in depth in order to understand the foundational teachings of the New Testament.

And to learn what Jesus's real mission was........ and what he was trying to tell the jewish people. ..... :cool:

What do you think Jesus's real mission was?

Last edited:

actually----sunni Habibi----like Penelope, you never read the book. Jesus had no such "beef" He was-----in fact-------a TALMUDIST -------he----very much favored ---based on the statements that seem most reliably attributed to him in the NT-------the logic and law as it was expounded upon in the Talmud----------gee you are dim. Jesus quoted both the TALMUD and its most impressive scholar of his time----HILLEL ----
incessantly

Given this set of predicaments, is a Jewish renewal possible in the 21st century? We believe it is. The secret to this renewal lies in understanding that the genius of Judaism resides in its Talmudic tradition.

The lyricism of the Koran is unsurpassed and the New Testament's teachings on universal love and brotherhood are more progressive than many a passage of Leviticus. Thus, emphasizing the Bible as the starting point to appreciating Judaism is a losing proposition. However, as anyone who has studied in a yeshiva knows well, the Bible is not the cornerstone of traditional Judaism. The Talmud is the key to appreciating Judaism.

Secularized Jews must be exposed to the depth and beauty of rabbinical literature in order to be captivated by their faith. For this approach to succeed, rabbis should start to deemphasize the divine origin of the Bible as a principle of faith. It is the Talmud whose quest deserves reverence as divinely inspired.

The sooner the Jewish and rabbinical establishments understand that teaching the Talmud is the key to Jewish continuity, the more successful are efforts to draw Jews back to Judaism bound to be. The Talmud may no longer shield Jews from assimilation thanks to its social and dietary restrictions. However it can disabuse many young Jews from the prejudice that Judaism is anachronistic. If anything, the Talmud was and remains well ahead of its times.

It would be wise to look up the terms anachronistic and (lyricism of the Koran is unsurpassed)
and lyricism.

The writer here is saying, the OT is and has become obsolete, the Talmud is for today. Even the Quran and NT is better than the Torah.

Not the coming Musllim Holocaust is what will save the WORLD. When there isn't a safe place on the planet for the cult members to hide. Then the Jews will be save!

actually----sunni Habibi----like Penelope, you never read the book. Jesus had no such "beef" He was-----in fact-------a TALMUDIST -------he----very much favored ---based on the statements that seem most reliably attributed to him in the NT-------the logic and law as it was expounded upon in the Talmud----------gee you are dim. Jesus quoted both the TALMUD and its most impressive scholar of his time----HILLEL ----
incessantly

Heck if he was, he was against the traditions of the elders.

It fascinates me that both Penelope and sunni insist on writing commentary on books they never read

and lyricism.

Not the coming Musllim Holocaust is what will save the WORLD. When there isn't a safe place on the planet for the cult members to hide. Then the Jews will be save!

Didn't work as planned in Arizona did it. You Talmudist are worst than Muslims ever dreamed of.

incessantly

Heck if he was, he was against the traditions of the elders.

no he wasn't In fact he was a meticulous adherent. You never read the book. I do understand----because as a kid I attended sunday school about a dozen times with my protestant playmate-----that you get taught that jesus kinda NULLIFIED Judaism and ate bacon and eggs for breakfast. I learned that stuff as a child too. Then I read the books as a teen and realized that you guys simply never do. It is true that in order to understand Jesus-----you need a bit of Talmud------you have never been in the same room with a volume of the Talmud or have any grasp of its structure or of Jewish law

and lyricism.

Didn't work as planned in Arizona did it. You Talmudist are worst than Muslims ever dreamed of.

what did not work in Arizona? what do you imagine was "PLANNED" Penelope? You make a fool of yourself by claiming you know something was "planned"_-----it is obvious you will be able to support your silly assertion What makes you think that the activity in Arizona planned by Pam Geller has anything to do with the Talmud?

It fascinates me that both Penelope and sunni insist on writing commentary on books they never read

Oh believe me I have read lots of the Talmud and the disgusting stuff in it.

no you haven't-----you have read islamo Nazi propaganda directed to persons like you who have never seen a volume of the Talmud------and like a typical islamo Nazi illiterate you BELIEVE it -----because you want to. See? I know you-------I have read lots of your "Literature" You went to tell me about that which is written in the book called "GITTEN" ??? somehow your fellow pimps and whores like to claim all kinds of stuff appears in "gitten" which is kinda funny-------I know that volume almost by heart. Have you ever actually READ a book
in your life?

Forum List

Back