personal relationships with christ

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
In the Born of God thread I made some points concerning religion and personal relationships with Christ. I feel the points need some further discussion of their own.

I don't understand the desire of some to deny that faith in Christ is a religion. Or why religion is bad. James encouraged us all to practice what he called pure religion which was to take care of the widows and the fatherless and to remain unsupported from the world (James 1:20

This is precisely what Christ wants us to do. It's what we covenant to do when we are baptized. This is what we are supposed to do and if we don't Christ will say He never new us. So how then can religion be bad?

Second point is how do you have a relationship someone when you limit what they say to the Bible? A.relationship, at least a good one, has good communication. You can't have that when you tell people they can't say anything they haven't said before.

A.relationship, at least a good one, has good communication
Which is a two way street. Religion and relationship with God IS personal. Everyone has their own path. It might not be the same as yours, but its still THEIR path..or yours..leading to the same place. Just different routes.

Which is a two way street. Religion and relationship with God IS personal. Everyone has their own path. It might not be the same as yours, but its still THEIR path..or yours..leading to the same place. Just different routes.
but gracie....how you develop your relationship with Christ is defined in the bible. I find that stubborn people want to say they have their own path...outside of the Word of God. why do you think you can define the relationship wth the King of Kings...the Savior.

(We have our truce...let's give it a try! ;))

Your relationship is in an idol, no different then a kid's relationship with Santa Claus or Dora the Explorer.

In the same way you see the Islamic posters here problematically dwell on Mohammad as the one end all prophet you too fall victim of placing a persona ahead of everything important that is not that icon.
In other words your relationship should also be with books on Behavior science, psychology, social sciences,
philosophy, teachers, truth, reality, science, technology, real prophets (not your false ones - see my false prophet post) etc etc.
The fact that people put pied pipers ahead of everything necessary to be knowledgable and non subjective means you only have ignorance and affiliation pride guiding you with being none the wiser when being lied or abused by the authority you trusted for that image you trust as all and end all guidance. Why do you think they call you fish and them, fishers of men? They got you Hook line and sinker...

but gracie....how you develop your relationship with Christ is defined in the bible. I find that stubborn people want to say they have their own path...outside of the Word of God. why do you think you can define the relationship wth the King of Kings...the Savior.

(We have our truce...let's give it a try! ;))
It's nice to have a truce. :)
The Christ I worship IS defined in the bible. It's the bible I don't trust much. Too many translations. Too many books left out by whomever put it together. Too many agendas of the day. Christ Himself? That part I believe in. My path leads me where I need to go to reach Him. He knows this. And there is no defining. His love for me and mine for Him is on MY path. Nobody elses.

It's hard for me to explain. I am not good at expressing myself. Let's just go with what a friend told me long ago that slammed home and I never forgot it:
God speaks to you through His other creations. Animals. Because He knows your heart and knows you distrust humans and their continual fighting on who is right and who is wrong when it comes to Him....so he speaks to you through THEM because He knows you will trust the word, the signs, the messages He gives them to give to you.

He speaks to me through nature. And what wonderful convos He and I have when I am out in the yard! It's beautiful.

Seeing there must be capability for an undisclosed number of personal relationships, I wonder if the great developer has made a relationship object, instances of which are initiated on call?

Seeing there must be capability for an undisclosed number of personal relationships, I wonder if the great developer has made a relationship object, instances of which are initiated on call?
Huh? You lost me.

Oh I was just wondering how personal relationships were dealt with at the god end. I mean there must be capability for 7 billion odd personal relationships so I was wondering what sort of relationship establishing system was used.

There is only a personal relationship. Otherwise, there is nothing but form, structure, image.
Religions can only approximate, only indicate.
The entire meaning of Jesus is the individual and her/his contact with the Infinite. Look at the divine names; Yahweh/I Am, a verb that says very eloquently all that can be said about what a true God could be. Jesus/Yehoshua (Yahway Saves); the progression of the ancient concept to the purely personal, human, individual.
The teachings of Jesus return at each important point to the consciousness and perceptions of a person, an individual. What is more precise than saying that the kingdom of heaven is within you?
It isn't even necessary to have ever heard of Jesus. Just looking, honestly and openly, at the universe and asking in a receptive and grateful manner, reveals to a person what Jesus said about existence.
'Religion' is not necessary. At best, it can help, but as we see in the world it more frequently serves to separate than unify.
This is said by one who does not associate with a faith. I hold Jesus to be a high example of a man and a human, thoroughly enlightened. I hold the All, the One to be beyond anything I or anyone could describe, prescribe, define or limit in any other way by words. A person has to open her/him self. What is found is the truth. None other can substitute.

Last edited:
In the Born of God thread I made some points concerning religion and personal relationships with Christ. I feel the points need some further discussion of their own.

I don't understand the desire of some to deny that faith in Christ is a religion. Or why religion is bad. James encouraged us all to practice what he called pure religion which was to take care of the widows and the fatherless and to remain unsupported from the world (James 1:20

This is precisely what Christ wants us to do. It's what we covenant to do when we are baptized. This is what we are supposed to do and if we don't Christ will say He never new us. So how then can religion be bad?

Second point is how do you have a relationship someone when you limit what they say to the Bible? A.relationship, at least a good one, has good communication. You can't have that when you tell people they can't say anything they haven't said before.

FLDS = why 'religion' is bad.

Catholic clergy sex abuse = why 'religion' is bad.

Protestant hypocrisy and gay scandals = why 'religion' is bad.

Jewish sex abuse scandals = why 'religion' is bad.

Scientology = why 'religion' is bad.

ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, violent jihad = why 'religion' is bad.

I can't help but read Matthew 7:20-21 and conclude many people who have these personal relationships are going to.be told that He never knew them.

Also, I don't see how bad people.belonging to a religion makes religion bad. Especially if we use the biblical definition.

Thereforeyeam said:
Jesus/Yehoshua (Yahway Saves)

Liar, you bought a lie thus are spreading the lie yourself.
Iesus=the swine
The Hebrew character Yeshu son of Mary is not named Yehoshua (used by missionaries to entice Jews).
Yeshu existed in 100 bc a far cry from the Galilean tax revolter Yehuda from thw time of Herod and Lysanias and way off the ad era river jordan christ named Theudas.
Yeshu is not Jesus, he's only a fraction of the Image created from many.

Delta using your numerical logic of claiming a scandal problem in Judaism (2-3 issues over the numbers of them) means secular society and atheists have higher number issues making it as you say,"why they are bad"
in this case why they are worse.

Also weren't you the first one complaining how bad a world without law is when complaining about the riots and about Isis?

Delta using your numerical logic of claiming a scandal problem in Judaism (2-3 issues over the numbers of them) means secular society and atheists have higher number issues making it as you say,"why they are bad"
in this case why they are worse.

Also weren't you the first one complaining how bad a world without law is when complaining about the riots and about Isis?
Atheism=worse

Oh I was just wondering how personal relationships were dealt with at the god end. I mean there must be capability for 7 billion odd personal relationships so I was wondering what sort of relationship establishing system was used.

Pray for the answer, see what gets revealed to you.

Pray for the answer, see what gets revealed to you.

...and remain very open to how a response may occur. Keep in mind, also, what parameters the prayer might contain; in other words, be very open to yourself as well.

Earth Ends

What would Jesus have said about eco-element management?

Such a question would address our interest in the spiritualism associated with lifestyle coaching.

:afro:

Poison Ivy (Comics)

green_leaf.jpg

I only worship YHWH... but there are other, celestial and infernal, deities of my pantheon who are often evoked and invoked far more frequently.

Obviously my definition of "worship" is not the same as most

The You-Topia Calvary

I'm on a Christian modernism shuttle headed for tin cans of creamed corn and political lobbies for biodegradable plastics.

Forum List

Back