The story of science throughout time

Jun 11, 2023
Why does the below text matter

Consider two worlds, in the first one people behave in accordance with what each one individually imagines that is happening, in the second one people behave in accordance with what they commonly understand that is happening. In which of the two worlds is there more happiness?

This text is summarizing the story of physics as a science throughout time. Theories that appear in science as approximations of reality are followed by more exact approximations of reality as time passes and progress in science is made. All valid theories are verified approximately by experiments.

What is a theory?

A summary of observations that happen time after time in reality with a good approximation, is an approximate theory of reality.

A theory of reality with the best approximation up to now, is the current theory of reality.

The story of physics as a science throughout time

Physics as a science, progresses as follows:

1.There is a current theory, at any given time.

2.A candidate theory, which is more exact regarding what really is happening, appears from research as a proposed new theory.

3. Experiments have to be conducted to verify the new theory.

4. When experiments are conducted, they can have the following results.

5. Nothing happens, the experiments fail to show any results, which has happened in the past.

6. Something happens, the experiments have the expected results, which has happened in the past, and science keeps following its path.

7. Something else happens, which was the case with some previous experiments or else we wouldn't be looking for a new theory, as then all experiments would point only to something, and nothing else, but up to now, this isn't the case, and the future still happens next, and not before next happens.

8. What seems to be happening, is that before people actually find theories that do something in reality, they find theories that don't do something exactly, and they find that early at best, or late at worst, but the complete story they all know from the beginning.

Summary: In any experiment conducted in reality, nothing can happen as a result, something can happen as a result, or...something else can happen as a result.

One step before and one after an exact theory of reality

An exact theory of reality is a theory that describes how all reality is made.

One step before such a theory is tested in reality, this theory hasn’t been tested yet and something else is still happening in reality.

One step after such a theory is tested in reality, this theory has to describe the experience of one step before it is discovered and tested, or this theory cannot be verified repeatedly, and something else is still happening time after time in reality.

If what was happening around you in reality was something that you imagined, whoever you are,

and you had a problem with me saying that something else is happening,

why didn’t you come earlier to tell me about it since it was happening as you imagined?

Do you know how much time and effort you would have saved me?!

Why? Because before you were born in reality, what do you imagine was happening, something that you imagined after you were born or something else inside which you were born?

Why again? Because I don’t know, it may not be what I have been saying to you up to now that is happening in reality it may be…something else.

Science is just one way to look at the world ... the deductive way ... there still remains the entire world of intuition ... something science cannot address ...

Science does not define "good" and "evil" ... for this we turn to the philosopher ...

Why does the below text matter

Consider two worlds, in the first one people behave in accordance with what each one individually imagines that is happening, in the second one people behave in accordance with what they commonly understand that is happening. In which of the two worlds is there more happiness?

This text is summarizing the story of physics as a science throughout time. Theories that appear in science as approximations of reality are followed by more exact approximations of reality as time passes and progress in science is made. All valid theories are verified approximately by experiments.

What is a theory?

A summary of observations that happen time after time in reality with a good approximation, is an approximate theory of reality.

A theory of reality with the best approximation up to now, is the current theory of reality.

The story of physics as a science throughout time

Physics as a science, progresses as follows:

1.There is a current theory, at any given time.

2.A candidate theory, which is more exact regarding what really is happening, appears from research as a proposed new theory.

3. Experiments have to be conducted to verify the new theory.

4. When experiments are conducted, they can have the following results.

5. Nothing happens, the experiments fail to show any results, which has happened in the past.

6. Something happens, the experiments have the expected results, which has happened in the past, and science keeps following its path.

7. Something else happens, which was the case with some previous experiments or else we wouldn't be looking for a new theory, as then all experiments would point only to something, and nothing else, but up to now, this isn't the case, and the future still happens next, and not before next happens.

8. What seems to be happening, is that before people actually find theories that do something in reality, they find theories that don't do something exactly, and they find that early at best, or late at worst, but the complete story they all know from the beginning.

Summary: In any experiment conducted in reality, nothing can happen as a result, something can happen as a result, or...something else can happen as a result.

One step before and one after an exact theory of reality

An exact theory of reality is a theory that describes how all reality is made.

One step before such a theory is tested in reality, this theory hasn’t been tested yet and something else is still happening in reality.

One step after such a theory is tested in reality, this theory has to describe the experience of one step before it is discovered and tested, or this theory cannot be verified repeatedly, and something else is still happening time after time in reality.

If what was happening around you in reality was something that you imagined, whoever you are,

and you had a problem with me saying that something else is happening,

why didn’t you come earlier to tell me about it since it was happening as you imagined?

Do you know how much time and effort you would have saved me?!

Why? Because before you were born in reality, what do you imagine was happening, something that you imagined after you were born or something else inside which you were born?

Why again? Because I don’t know, it may not be what I have been saying to you up to now that is happening in reality it may be…something else.
i'll make this real simple.....you're born....you live....you die...there is or there isn't more....end of story

you only have 80 yrs including childhood, why even try and grasp such abstract things like this?

Forum List

Back