The south is still largely the descendants of the confederacy

Yep, and they are ALL conservatives!

Farrakan is a conservative?

Sharpton is a conservative?

Their followers are conservatives?

Hillaryous

Well, now that you mention it, Yes! Farrakhan AND Sharpton , being men of the cloth...one Muslim and the other Christian... Yes they are Conservatives. Neither or them condone abortions or wanton murder of people who don't look like them. Farrakhan believes in self sufficiency and abhors handouts. Both men have exhibited high moral traits and have been faithful to their wives and are good fathers. By any metric, those traditional family values and impeccable moral values would make them REAL conservatives...not like the pseudo-wannabes in the GOP who strive for such values without every really attaining them... like ..YOU.

And yes, their followers are far more conservative than Trump or most of the GOP I have seen.
But that doesn't make them all bigots. Farrakhan is a reactionary so I guess he would appear to be a bigot to some. Sharpton is also a reactionary. He doesn't preach hate he just speaks out against injustice against his people. Someone has to.

They speak Hate. Don't be silly.

You admit they are not Conservative under the definition you were using above.

THus, your above claim "and they are all conservatives" is complete bullshit.

ANd obviously so, so it was a lie.

And you are a liar.
Farrakhan's reaction to hate might seem hateful to those who are friends of Shootspeeders, Meathead or Steve McGarret. His approach is to fight fire with fire. I can fault no one for doing that.
Farrakhan is a militant conservative whose traditional values are as good as anyone's on the right...probably even better.

Sharpton is more mellow in his approach to the overt and subtle racism that still permeates our society. But, the reverend still upholds all the values that serve as the cornerstone of conservatism. I don't fault him either for standing up like a man and getting loud about inequality. Why do you begrudge anyone who does the right to do so, regardless of ethnicity or so-called race?

You may assign hate to Farrakhan or Sharpton but if so, their hate comes from interactions and experiences that are well documented in our historical archives. Blacks didn't start it, elements within White society did; and with extreme prejudice I might add.

Conservatism as defined by the dictionary is one thing but the "conservatism" displayed by many on the right is a pseudo- conservatism of convenience. It has become an identity used by RW White males to plot, conspire and galvanize behind a strategy that probably includes genocide if they ever get the means to do it. All the while pretending to have Christian values...kinda like the Nazi Christians.

Your support of their racist hate is noted.

Your justifications and rationalization of their racist hate is noted and dismissed.

Your negative opinion on your ideological enemies is noted and dismissed.

Your agreement that the term "conservative" to describe personal value systems, AND the term "Conservative" to describe political alliance as being two completely different terms is noted and appreciated.

Thus your claim that all bigots are conservatives is shown to NOT mean that in the sense of political affiliation.

Correct?

Your entire premise is dismissed. I merely pointed out that millions of Black Democrats, Christians, Muslims and others are just as conservative in their beliefs and lifestyles as any REAL White conservative is. They usually vote for Democrats nowadays because, for them, that is the better choice for minorities as a group. Hispanics, Jews and Asians seem to feel the same way. All bear witness to the historical hate and vile racist tactics that permeated society when RW hegemony threatened not only minorities but the entire planet. Neither Sharpton NOR Farrakhan have been actively engaged in legislating hate, hanging, maiming and killing White people to keep them from enjoying the full privileges of citizenship. That mindset is what I call hate, not the reactionary rhetoric of Sharpton and Farrakhan. There is a world of difference there. If you cannot see it, move on... let others take note of what I have said.

....That's why they fight so hard to keep the confederate flag flying in the state capitals. The GOP has been getting the votes of the bigots for decades. All right wing groups vote republican. So for Paul Ryan to disavow bigotry in the republican party, is just a big lie. Without the bigot vote, the GOP loses every time. Everybody knows the bigots didn't vote for Obama. And everybody knows the bigots love seeing Obama smeared by the GOP for the last seven years.
But Paul Ryan's declaration has given all of the bigot vote to Trump. And Trump loves having those votes....it's the vast majority of republican voters.
But this may be an epiphany to republicans that aren't bigots. There are many already, even in congress, that are threatening to leave the GOP if Trump gets the nomination,...which looks more than probable.
And even a lot of pentagon generals are threatening to resign if Trump becomes POTUS.

The implosion of the GOP could be the greatest thing to ever happen in America.
You are so full of sh** your eyes are brown.

Forum List

Back