Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. There are four references to ‘Divine’ in Declaration of Independence:
1) in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’
2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,”
3) Supreme Judge of the world, and
4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

2. An example of the role of the Devine in America's history can be seen during Franklin Roosevelt's presidency.

All sorts of questions buzz around the special relationship the Roosevelt had with the homicidal maniac, Joseph Stalin, but there is no question as to how Soviet apparatchik Henry Wallace became his second vice-president.

a. Roosevelt insisted that the Soviet-sympathizer be on the ticket!
" Even with FDR’s endorsement (and his threat to withdraw from the presidential race if Wallace were not chosen by the Democratic convention), Wallace won by only 628 to 459…Wallace was not allowed to give an acceptance speech."
FDR Stalin and Oliver Stone - The New York Sun

3. It has been one of those blessings of Providence that Harry Truman replaced the communist Henry Wallace as Roosevelt's vice president. Truman was a fine American.....yet he could not resist the 'communist disease' any more than many other fine Americans of the era.

a. As President of the United States, he denounced the Hiss case as a "red herring" and tolerated in his Cabinet such abettors of world communism as George C. Marshall and Dean Acheson.

b. But, there is this:
"The conduct of President Truman in this case was particularly hard to understand. No one would question the tough-minded anti-Communism of the man who had so boldly initiated the program of Greek-Turkish aid and the Marshall Plan....He denied outright the evidence in front of him and he stumped the 1948 political trail flailing away at 'the red herring'..."
Richard Nixon on the Meaning of the Hiss Case

4. As was true of so may other Americans, Truman certainly didn't begin with such inclinations. What happened?

According to "The Man of Independence," an authorized Truman biography by Jonathan Daniels, it was Max Lowenthal, a crafty southpaw government lawyer, who first corrupted Truman's mind with Marxist prejudices against railroads, insurance companies, and "big business" generally. Lowenthal was counsel to a Senate Interstate Commerce Subcommittee. In 1936 Truman, an eager member of the subcommittee, fell under Lowenthal's spell. When Lowenthal proposed to take him to see Justice Louis D. Brandeis, the country boy said he was "not used to meeting people like that," but he went anyway and became a disciple of "the great liberal," who held forth on the evils of the American economic system.
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p. 137.

a. Truman moved so far to the Left, that after his election, he received this salute from Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.,: "The conceptions of the intellectual are at last beginning to catch up with the instincts of the Democratic politician."

5. A famous passage in Witness continually bears remembering:
"You don't understand the class structure of American society," said Smetana, "or you would not ask such a question. In the United States, the working class are Democrats. The middle class are Republicans. The upper class are Communists."

The experiences of Harry Truman verify exactly what Whittaker Chambers said, huh?

6. Consider Truman's defense of Alger Hiss.

On January 27, 1950, Representative Nixon of California made a speech in the House in which hequoted directly from a secret FBI memorandum on Soviet espionagein the United States, dated November 25, 1945. Nixon said this document was "circulated among several key government departments andwas made available to the President" in November, 1945.The report was placed in the record of the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee on April 14, 1953. It identified thirty-seven government officials and employees as members of the Soviet espionage service.Among these were Alger Hiss, head of the Office of United Nations Affairs in the State Department;Harry Dexter White, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, and Lauchlin Currie, administrative assistant to the President.

7. This FBI report is one of the most significant documents in recent American history. It shows that as early asNovember, 1945, Truman had received evidence from the FBI that Alger Hiss,Harry Dexter White, and many other officials of his administration were Soviet spies. As the Internal Security Sub committee reported on August 24, 1953, "these peoplestayed in their jobs, received promotions, and influenced policyfor several years after impressive information had been marshaled."
Manly, Op.Cit., p. 139

a. In January, 1946, Truman promoted White to the office of United States executive director of the International Monetary Fund. In the same month, Hiss went to London as senior adviser to the American delegation to the first session of the United Nations General Assembly.
A Page From the Truman Handbook - The Omega Letter

The above is a cautionary tale, and a most enlightening one....even the staunchest of Americans,at that time in our history, had more than they handle in standing up to the wave of communism that washed over the nation.

Had the powerful and popular Franklin Roosevelt not given his imprimatur to communists and communism, standing up to this abhorrent political policy would have been far easier.

Of course, this makes no excuse for the simpletons who endorse the aims and desires of communism even today.

PC in revisionist la la land.

But . . . this is America, and if PC has finally found a way to get paid for her blogging, all the more power to her.

PC in revisionist la la land.

But . . . this is America, and if PC has finally found a way to get paid for her blogging, all the more power to her.

"Revisionist"?

Do you understand the implication thereof?

Surely you don't believe that anything in my posts is untrue.

That would be stupid....because you will no be able to find any such.

We both know that you won't even try.

We all know that you are a social con revisionist caught in far right reactionary Christian dogma.

As a true believer, you won't change, thus no need to refute you exists, only a requirement that your weirdness is pointed out at appropriate times.

But you earn a penny doing that which you believe to be important, and you prove in yourself and with your audience the axiom of Barnum.

We all know that you are a social con revisionist caught in far right reactionary Christian dogma.

As a true believer, you won't change, thus no need to refute you exists, only a requirement that your weirdness is pointed out at appropriate times.

But you earn a penny doing that which you believe to be important, and you prove in yourself and with your audience the axiom of Barnum.

Hmmmm....I just called your lie, and, as expected, you've changed the subject.

So...the evidence is overwhelming that I must be 100 % correct and accurate....and you, as usual, a bottom-feeding, low-life liar.

Step off.

Your opinion is revisionism, of the worst sort.

It has been pointed out over and over, so, No, you don't get "just once more."

8. In his book "The FBI-KGB War," FBI Special Agent Robert J.Lamphere writes:

"In early 1953....I was instructed to draft a memorandum for the new attorney general, Herbert Brownell, about Harry Dexter White, the man named as a KGB source by Elizabeth Bentley but whom President Harry Truman had nominated in 1946 to be executive director for the United States on the International Monetary Fund.

The memo, which went out over the Director's [J.Edgar Hoover's] signature, showed that the FBI had informed the White House three times before the nomination that White was under suspicion of being a Soviet agent, and was under intensive investigation."

So.....Truman ignored the facts of White's communist affiliations.

9. "...on November 6th, 1953, ...Brownell had made a speech to the Executive Club in Chicago in which he charged hat Truman had appointed Harry Dexter White to 'the most sensitive post [White] had ever held in government service' in the face of information the FBI had supplied that showed that 'Harry Dexter White was a Russian spy.'"

10. Truman, replying to the charges from his home, denied knowledge of the 1945 FBI reports on White, and maintained that in 1947, as soon as he learned of them, he had fired him.

a. Turns out that before his speech, Brownell has gone over the speech with Sherman Adams, Eisenhower's White House Chief of Staff, and White House Press Secretary James Hagerty, and Eisenhower himself, and had been given the go-ahead.

b. Hagerty provided the February 4, 1946 strongly worded FBI memo, which included testimony from Elizabeth Bentley and Igor Gouzenko [ who defected on September 5, 1945, with 109 documents on Soviet espionage activities in the West]. "
THE FBI-KGB WAR," by Robert J. LAMPHERE, p.296-297

Seems like Truman had a "What have I done?" moment.

Oh, no.....the liar keeps following me.

If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead already?

You are the stalker. I make a post of correction, and you can't leave it alone.

No, you don't get "just once more."

Oh, no.....the liar keeps following me.

If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead already?

You are the stalker. I make a post of correction, and you can't leave it alone.

No, you don't get "just once more."

"You are the stalker."

Your reputation as a liar is classic!

So....is this your thread....and I dragged you here???

You imbecile.

I threatened no one, you stalk my posts, and I rebuke your silliness.

This will always be your life of USMB.

I threatened no one, you stalk my posts, and I rebuke your silliness.

This will always be your life of USMB.

1. My posts are honest,accurate, and educational.

2. You insinuated into a thread that I began, so you are the stalker.

3. "I threatened no one,..." WHAT???
Who said anything about 'threatening'?????

4. You have been unable to dispute anything I've posted....as documented by the fact that you haven't even mentioned any of it.

5. The traits that distinguish you from the rest of the population include various emotional deficits, lack of a sense of guilt, dishonesty, and impulse driven antisocial behaviors....

You, no doubt would be a central attraction in any institute of mental derangement.

Stay around so that I can pin the tail on you again.

To review:

1. The hand of Providence is evident in that Harry Truman replaced Henry Wallace just before the death of FDR.

2. Under the influence of Roosevelt, and the political milieu he instituted, communist goals were de rigueur.....and Truman could not resist same.

a. While under the influence, unfortunately, Truman allowed events to occur that have injured the world today.

3. But he learned to resist evil, and reverse, somewhat, what Roosevelt had done. He became what Roosevelt should have been.

Your posts are revisionist drivel, nothing more, based on a far right social conservatism that even Glenn Beck would condemn.

Thanks PC. You offer citations and links to the facts you present but rarely get a reasoned response from your detractors. That they don't like what you present is clear but they offer nothing in return. I look forward to your posts.

Thanks PC. You offer citations and links to the facts you present but rarely get a reasoned response from your detractors. That they don't like what you present is clear but they offer nothing in return. I look forward to your posts.

I appreciate your post a great deal, Decus.

Forum List

Back