The Sad Country without a Name

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Ireland is a name. Canada is a name. Mexico, Italy, and Colombia are names. Almost every country has a name. We do not.

"The United States of America" is a description, not a name. Furthermore, it is not even an accurate description. The word, "State" doesn't mean part of a country, it actually refers to a sovereign country, which is why we refer to the "Two-State Solution," in Palestine - and "Palestine"` is also a name, BTW. We are more like "some united provinces in North America."

And remember that four of "us" don't even claim to be States; Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Kentucky are "Commonwealths." (Which also refers generally to a country and not a province).

In my opinion, if we decided to choose a name now, "Liberia" would be a fine choice (home of the FREE, and all that), but too late - it's already taken.

Any ideas?

Washingtonia?

Freeland?

Diversitie?

Ireland is a name. Canada is a name. Mexico, Italy, and Colombia are names. Almost every country has a name. We do not.

"The United States of America" is a description, not a name. Furthermore, it is not even an accurate description. The word, "State" doesn't mean part of a country, it actually refers to a sovereign country, which is why we refer to the "Two-State Solution," in Palestine - and "Palestine"` is also a name, BTW. We are more like "some united provinces in North America."

And remember that four of "us" don't even claim to be States; Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Kentucky are "Commonwealths." (Which also refers generally to a country and not a province).

In my opinion, if we decided to choose a name now, "Liberia" would be a fine choice (home of the FREE, and all that), but too late - it's already taken.

Any ideas?

Washingtonia?

Freeland?

Diversitie?

Leave it as is. It's what we are meant to be - a collection of sovereign states joined by a single Constitution that outlines specific points of conjoinment and limits the authority of the federal government.

I vote for "George". After all the capitol is Washington (DC).

I vote for "George". After all the capitol is Washington (DC).

Right now, perhaps.

But I'd love to see President Trump move the Capital to Palm Beach. Maybe sell Mar a Lago to the Federal Government as a new White House.

It would really be convenient as the HQ of the Excellence in Broadcasting Network are in that town as well, and would be in a good position to provide advice to not just Trump but all of his successors.

Any ideas?

Washingtonia?

Freeland?

Diversitie?

Leave it as is. It's what we are meant to be - a collection of sovereign states joined by a single Constitution that outlines specific points of conjoinment and limits the authority of the federal government.

Yeah, I agree.

Schools need to start emphasizing the 10th Amendment more.

And we need to have presidents that will nominate judges that will promise to strictly abide by this.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of having our Sovereignty oppressed. Quite frankly? It's bullshit, and it's unconstitutional.

While You Slept, Government Created Internal Passports, Real ID
While You Slept, Government Created Internal Passports, Real ID

“Papers, Please”: Government Creates Internal Passports – Effective No Later Than October 2020
"Papers, Please": Government Creates Internal Passports - Effective No Later Than October 2020

"The United States of America" is a description, not a name.
'United' is not even an accurate description and getting less so every year.

We are united by way of the Constitution. We were never meant to be a homogenized blob run by Washington.

America is united as far as currency and trade. We used to be united as far as language as well.

"America" is the two continents of North and South America combined. It is not the name of our country. Try to find it listed as such in the Constitution, the Declaration, or any law. It ain't our name.

America is united as far as currency and trade. We used to be united as far as language as well.
There have always been multiple languages spoken here.

We are united by way of the Constitution. We were never meant to be a homogenized blob run by Washington.
It is a thread that is getting very tenuous. The Dems claim it is their Constitutional duty to hold hearing into impeachment but no GOP would sign on. Trump said “Then, I have an Article II [of the Constitution], where I have to the right to do whatever I want as president”. Very tenuous.

New Cymru - A nod to the Welshmen who founded your country and wrote your constitution.
That's only a rumor buddy, it has yet to be proved.

There is just as much evidence to the contrary.
The Welsh in America - NAWF

Sixteen of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence were of Welsh descent including William Floyd, Stephen Hopkins, Arthur Middleton, Robert Morris, Francis Lewis, and Button Gwinnett, revolutionary governor of Georgia and a general in the Patriot Corps.

There have been eleven US Presidents of Welsh descent: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, William Harrison, Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, Calvin Coolidge and Richard Nixon. Jefferson Davies was President of the Confederate States of America and current presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has Welsh ancestry on both her maternal and paternal lineage.

Being a description doesnt disqualify dual usage as a name...theyre not mutually exclusive. USA is and has been our name...this is a weird thing to have a quip about.

Forum List

Back