The rights historically failed ideas proven failure

Lie much?

this is about austery.

Its the current republican plan.

It NEVER works no matter who backs it.

The history shows it never woirks as the repuplicans are claiming right now.

So you are claiming we are some vortex of economic reality and NOTHING can be learned from other countries in the feild of economic theory?

While I am certain there are things to be learned, the other countries who have remotely positive economies are built on conservative economic policy

Those that arent seem to be firmly fixed by the umbiliculs to our foriegn aid.

This study show austerity NEVER creates jobs.

the historical numbers were what was used.

TM's solution?

Spend like there is no tomorrow because the way we are going there won't be a tomorrow.

Immie

The very nature of austerity is to calculate unknown risk prior to investment of capital.

Obama has created incalcuable risk....thus goes austerity.

The very nature of austerity is to calculate unknown risk prior to investment of capital.

So now you are going to LIE and say Obama crashed the economy when the history is it happened while Bush was president?

I have supplied you with a study that outlined the evidence and your ideas failed the test.

I supplied you a preponderance of the evidence that shows your ideas failed.

And I provided you with valid questions about your source and the conclusions that you drew from it. Questions that you neither addressed or acknowledged because that would require actually understanding what was studied. Unfortunately, you do not.

So you are claiming we are some vortex of economic reality and NOTHING can be learned from other countries in the feild of economic theory?

While I am certain there are things to be learned, the other countries who have remotely positive economies are built on conservative economic policy

Those that arent seem to be firmly fixed by the umbiliculs to our foriegn aid.

This study show austerity NEVER creates jobs.

the historical numbers were what was used.

Well then by all means, let's follow the same path of spending a trillion $$+ more than we take in each year... that will fix everything.

You're such a simpleton. How do you know to breath?

Your links provide zero specifics on what was considered as an austerity measure and how the impacts were measured, what time frames for the events were the measures taken place and all around lack anything that can be used as a specific. You need more than general austerity measures to work with. Also, you're looking at impacts in the 0-1 percent range, something that is wholly acceptable given the collapse of the country from massive debt if nothing is done.

there is a link to the study and it covers your questions

One thing you seem to miss is the fact that they are not saying austerity measures should not be taken or even that they are not required. The conclusion was that they need to be taken at times when the economy is in better shape, like the shape it was in 10 years ago. The fact is that it IS a bad time to be taking this on but there is no other time. We failed to do this when the time was right. Now we are stuck doing it when the conditions are not right. To fail to do anything about it at all though will continue this economy until there is no economy left to draw upon.

Also, successes have been pointed out to you a thousand times, usally you simply ignore them. No point in going down that road again...

Point out the times in history when tax cuts, coupled with austerity and deregulation created the effects the right claims we they will produce?

I have NEVER seen anyone produce such evidence as you claim.

I see no questions but merely stupid insults

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Finance & Development, September 2011 - Painful Medicine

my solution is to do what has been historically proven to work.

I wonder if you realize that we have not done any fiscal consolidation over the last three years. Therefore, your assumption that this is the problem with our current economy is preposterous.

There has been no spending cuts for decades. There have been no tax increases for a long time and yet under Obama's watch unemployment has skyrocketed and incomes are collapsing, yet you want to continue with his policies because you think they have been "historically proven to work"?

Did you by chance read this paragraph?:

Using this better measure, the evidence from the past is clear: fiscal consolidations typically have the short-run effect of reducing incomes and raising unemployment. A fiscal consolidation of 1 percent of GDP reduces inflation-adjusted incomes by about 0.6 percent and raises the unemployment rate by almost 0.5 percentage point (see Chart 2) within two years, with some recovery thereafter. Spending by households and firms also declines, with little evidence of a hand*over from public to private sector demand.

Do you realize that we would be a hell of a lot better off if unemployment had only gained a .5 percentage point and income had only been reduced by about .6 percent than we are right now? And that is only for the short term (two years) we're going on four years now under Obama and things are getting worse not better.

Screw your bullshit. We would have been a hell of a lot better off being austere than we are now. Two years would have been a lot better than the four we are working on now and the promised eight we have to look forward to.

Immie

Last edited:

So now you are going to LIE and say Obama crashed the economy when the history is it happened while Bush was president?

The economy has just crashed again... So yes, Obama has crashed the economy or does that only apply if a Republican is President? Maybe you will try and blame the TP or Republicans holding he house and forget the Dems had the Senate/House (Obama included) before the 2008 crash.

You are so fun to own and watch get destroyed, lol. In fact, they are the only reasons I don’t have you on ignore, hell how many people have a giant thread the mods use as a dumping ground for TM crap threads?

Hey TM, when are companies supposed to start hiering, like you said they would...?

Finance & Development, September 2011 - Painful Medicine

my solution is to do what has been historically proven to work.

I wonder if you realize that we have not done any fiscal consolidation over the last three years. Therefore, your assumption that this is the problem with our current economy is preposterous.

There has been no spending cuts for decades. There have been no tax increases for a long time and yet under Obama's watch unemployment has skyrocketed and incomes are collapsing, yet you want to continue with his policies because you think they have been "historically proven to work"?

Did you by chance read this paragraph?:

Using this better measure, the evidence from the past is clear: fiscal consolidations typically have the short-run effect of reducing incomes and raising unemployment. A fiscal consolidation of 1 percent of GDP reduces inflation-adjusted incomes by about 0.6 percent and raises the unemployment rate by almost 0.5 percentage point (see Chart 2) within two years, with some recovery thereafter. Spending by households and firms also declines, with little evidence of a hand*over from public to private sector demand.

Do you realize that we would be a hell of a lot better off if unemployment had only gained a .5 percentage point and income had only been reduced by about .6 percent than we are right now? And that is only for the short term (two years) we're going on four years now under Obama and things are getting worse not better.

Screw your bullshit. We would have been a hell of a lot better off being austere than we are now. Two years would have been a lot better than the four we are working on now and the promised eight we have to look forward to.

Immie

You are denying facts again.

You have no idea what you are talking about becuae you refuse to accept cold hard facts

Your links provide zero specifics on what was considered as an austerity measure and how the impacts were measured, what time frames for the events were the measures taken place and all around lack anything that can be used as a specific. You need more than general austerity measures to work with. Also, you're looking at impacts in the 0-1 percent range, something that is wholly acceptable given the collapse of the country from massive debt if nothing is done.

there is a link to the study and it covers your questions

One thing you seem to miss is the fact that they are not saying austerity measures should not be taken or even that they are not required. The conclusion was that they need to be taken at times when the economy is in better shape, like the shape it was in 10 years ago. The fact is that it IS a bad time to be taking this on but there is no other time. We failed to do this when the time was right. Now we are stuck doing it when the conditions are not right. To fail to do anything about it at all though will continue this economy until there is no economy left to draw upon.

Also, successes have been pointed out to you a thousand times, usally you simply ignore them. No point in going down that road again...

Point out the times in history when tax cuts, coupled with austerity and deregulation created the effects the right claims we they will produce?

I have NEVER seen anyone produce such evidence as you claim.

Anyone going to give their historic facts?

Forum List

Back