The right wing is thirsty for extremism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, May 21, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I just have a feeling the right wing, which I'm a part of, is thirsty for extremism. By "extremism" I mean cutting government to levels of affordability. By "extremism" I mean the government deciding that the path to government budget balance is NOT the increased confiscation of private citizens' property.

I think we on the right have grown tired of the race card being played against a mass of people who, mostly, are the LEAST focused on race of any demographic in the country. We're definitely tired of freeloaders sucking at the government nipple.

But it's kinda dangerous. Because America is not immune to dictators or nationalists who go too far. We're nothing more than a land mass with lots of people, like any other place in history. And the left wing's fanatic, communist push in all aspects of our society will be met with some type of backlash. I suspect lots of riots in the future with left wingers, much like Greece, becoming violent when necessary laws are passed to keep us from total bankruptcy.

But I for one have a big bowl of popcorn, a cool dog, and a big ass flat screen TV to enjoy the show on. I look forward to seeing fat union bosses squirm at the cuts coming. At seeing liberal tree huggers grapple mentally with the decision to keep supporting Obama despite him fighting more wars than George HW Bush and George W Bush....combined. I look forward to the backlash coming as we hear more and more people and groups getting Obamacare waivers......like almost all of San Francisco and the entire state of Nevada (Pelosi and Reid worked that one. Why? Isn't Obamacare great and shouldn't her city and his state want it?).

It's gonna be a good show watching the downfall of left wing progressive ideology. And their soon to be violent revolt when they realize their goal won't be reached. History shows the left ALWAYS becomes violent...either in power, or once they realize they're losing it.

2. Poli_Sigh

Poli_Sigh Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Perhaps you should have taken that up with the Bush Administration before its extremism created this Frankenstein government you're now attempting to blame on everyone but the people who created it.

I'd say America is about as extreme as I've ever seen it and I've been around for over 70 years observing it. What are you looking for, a Revolution? Be careful what you wish for?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Sharp Drop in American Enthusiasm for Free Market, Poll Shows - World Public Opinion

The current extremism has already cost the view of caplitalism to fade in this country.

When GlobeScan began tracking views in 2002, four in five Americans (80%) saw the free market as the best economic system for the future--the highest level of support among tracking countries. Support started to fall away in the following years and recovered slightly after the financial crisis in 2007/8, but has plummeted since 2009, falling 15 points in a year so that fewer than three in five (59%) now see free market capitalism as the best system for the future.

4. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,576
    Bush created welfare, SSI, medicare, medicaid, foodstamps, AFDC, SISA loans, free lunch programs, the War on Poverty, The Great Society, The New Deal, etc?

Who knew? He was one busy mo fo!

5. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,576
    Yup.. we all want to be wards of the state now.

:lol:

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    The left wing revolt?

LOL, yeah, right.

I'll be sure to wear my combat Berkies for that event.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Your party is killing capitalism with their attack on the vast majority of Americans lives.

8. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    The left wing has been hording all the extremism for decades. They need to learn to share.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Denying science is NO way to run and inteligent endevor

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,746