The Right Wing has entered and believed the TWILIGHT ZONE

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Corporate fraud even to their own detriment doesn't faze them. National secrets revealed to the ENEMIES doesn't faze them. Judicial nominations based on purely partisan considerations doesn't faze them. Even WAR based on false allegations and false pretense doesn't faze them. Where did the America that I have so fervently defended go so WRONG?

Psychoblues

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Ok, I'll ask, WHERE did that America go? No wait, let me prepare to put my earpugs in, so I don't here that damm song. I wish I had a bell that rang so when you got through answering this question, it will wake me up :sleep: :D

3. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I'll promise not to yell so loud that you have to "here" me.

Pshchoblues

4. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359

Oh, excuse me if I insulted your intelligenc because I didn't catch, here and hear.. Your way too birght for me to be speaking too... :rolleyes:

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Okey dokey. War is peace. Truth is lies. Good is evil. How much more of the drivel can you continue to espouse? Who clued you?

Psychoblues

6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    HUH???

7. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    The corporate fraud you're referring to (i.e. Enron and WorldComm) happened during the Clinton years. The prosecution of those responsible happened during the Bush years.... plus have you ever heard of the Sarbanes-Oxley act?
    http://www.sarbanes-oxley.com/

If you can read through it, you're a better man than me! In a nutshell, Sarbanes-Oxley or "SOX" requires that all CEOs validate their financial statements. What that implies is that a small army of people in each corporation must spend thousands of labor hours poring through financial records, databases, financial transactions and the like.

Are you referring to Clinton allowing Loral Corporation to sell missile secrets to the People's Republic of China in exchange for a million dollar donation by its then chairman, Bernard Swartz? The same technology that now gives the PRC capability to target west coast American cities with nuclear weapons?

"purely partisan considerations" ---- ALL judicial nominations are based on what you call "partisan considerations"... Clinton didn't nominate any conservative judges to the Supreme Court or any of the lower courts, either. And he didn't "reach out" to the other side (i.e. the Republicans) to get their approval. That's how it works, the party that wins the election gets its way for four years, got it? If both parties had to agree on everything, then we would have nothing more than one party rule, is that what you want?

The reasons for going to war in Iraq were based on the intelligence that we had at the time. No one purposely fudged it. Anyway, why would the present George Bush go to war in Iraq when his father did something similar yet lost the election anyway? GWB's approval rating has gone south since the Iraq war, so why are we still there?

Also, according the 1991 cease fire agreement, the United Nations was supposed to oversee an oil for food program, based on the assumption that the UN was above corruption. That proved to be a 20 billion dollar mistake, not only is the United Nations corrupt, but many of their top officials were swimming in oil. In addition, the French, the Russians, the Germans and the Chinese, who all sat on the UN Security Council that voted against going to war in Iraq and were contemplating lifting sanctions against Iraq all had large financial interests in the Saddam regime. That is called "conflict of interest". If such a situation were uncovered in our government, especially in the present administration, you'd hear bout little else from the MSM. So how's that for false pretense?

If you want to blame anyone for us being in Iraq, then blame the UN and those countries that gave aid and comfort to the Saddam regime in direct violation of UN resolutions. Countries, by the way, that have not been reprimanded in the least by any member of the International Community.

BTW.... we were supposed to be in Kosovo "for about a year" according to Bill Clinton, and we're still there twelve years later... how's that for false pretense?

I hear Paris is nice this time of year, why don't you move there and find out for yourself?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Tried to rep you! I was too tired to follow up on this, thank you!

9. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify all of this for our unhappy poster. Excellent post!

(I couldn't rep you yet either)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    And with MArx's reply, psycho will exit stage left. He only holds out long enough to be proven wrong, then back into the night he goes waiting to make his next incoherent strike at the heart of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.