It's official... j.kerry is losing it. you'll now enter the twilight zone!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Saturday, Nov. 5, 2005 11:04 p.m. EST
    John Kerry: 'Right Wing' Attacks Science

Democratic Sen. John Kerry said Friday that science is under attack by right-wing ideologues and the Bush administration, citing their "rigid refusal to listen to what the Earth is trying to tell us."

Speaking at the dedication of a new brain research center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Kerry said attacks on science have resulted in "a shortsighted period in the American experience" where "facts are ignored and obscured and distorted."

Bush has been criticized for limiting federal research dollars for embryonic stem cells, which are seen as a potential source of replacement tissue for people with a variety of ailments, and for his policies on the environment and global warming.

"We see it in the rigid refusal to listen to what the Earth is trying to tell us about the condition of the air and water and land that surround us and sustain us," Kerry said, adding that "federal science and research boards are being stacked with partisans and ideologues."

Kerry also joked about losing to Bush a year ago in the presidential election.

"I must tell you there are times when I wish we weren't here researching brain concerns but a time machine to have the election today rather than last year," he said, referring to polls showing waning public support for the president.

Tracey Schmitt, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, dismissed the criticism, saying Kerry's "newfound interest in science is a derivative of his longing to travel back in time and run a cohesive campaign."

UH.... Earth to kerry, this is the earth calling........ :alco:

2. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I think he was abducted and sent to the same alien space camp as Al Gore. They are both wacky.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Its the same fate all Presidential Liberal losers go through anymore. You lose so you think you werent liberal enough after the election despite trying to be as centrist as you could stand during it.

George W. Bush. Saved the world twice in 2000 and 2004.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I must be missing something .... what exactly does embryonic stem cell research have to do with "what the Earth is telling us"?

Now the Earth itself has motive and preferential design for a single life form that exists upon it?

Maybe I just needed to hit the model airplane glue before reading that ..... ;)