The right to be treated equally

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I'm totally on board with equal protection and equal rights under the law. But to interpret that as the idea that everyone has a "right" to be treated equally by everyone else seems insane to me. What do you think?

There are certain rights inherent in conducting business affairs. Personally, there is no right to be treated equally.

Didn't a girl get beaten and raped when she picked up a black hitchhiker? She didn't want him to think that not giving him a ride was unequal treatment.

Agreed. "All men are created equal" and should remain so before the law, but all men do not remain equal in intelligence, education, ambition, creativity, or morality.

Equality has come to mean "you owe me." No one owes them anything.

There are certain rights inherent in conducting business affairs. Personally, there is no right to be treated equally.

Didn't a girl get beaten and raped when she picked up a black hitchhiker? She didn't want him to think that not giving him a ride was unequal treatment.

Yeah... probably didn't happen. :dunno:

I'm totally on board with equal protection and equal rights under the law. But to interpret that as the idea that everyone has a "right" to be treated equally by everyone else seems insane to me. What do you think?

We definitely do not treat people the same. Do we treat a blind man the same as anyone else? There is no way we can have the same expectations placed on either.

Can you expound on that? Do we give up personhood when conducting business? Why?

Forum List

Back