The Republican War On Women?

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[Pales in comparison with the Shia compliant society Barry would love to introduce here. How's that "Hope and Change" look to ya now?]

"Egypt’s New Islamist-Led Parliament To Legalize Men Having Sex With Dead Wives For Up To Six Hours After Death, Allow Girls To Marry At 14-Years Old…

And it is Sharia compliant.

(Daily Mail) — Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives — for up to six hours after their death.

The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.

It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women’s rights of getting education and employment."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Egypt’s New Islamist-Led Parliament To Legalize Men Having Sex With Dead Wives For Up To Six Hours After Death, Allow Girls To Marry At 14-Years Old…

WASHINGTON -- Congressional Democratic leaders have found another venue to hit Republicans for their so-called war on women: the debate over student loan costs.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for proposing on Wednesday to keep down the costs of student loan interest rates by pulling money from what he called "one of the slush funds in the president's health care law." He was referring to the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which contains billions of dollars aimed at encouraging people to take better care of themselves, thereby saving money down the road.

Student loan rates are set to double to 6.8 percent in July. Democrats have proposed covering the estimated $6 billion cost by closing a tax loophole that lets certain wealthy people avoid paying Medicare taxes, while Republicans have settled on nixing the preventative health fund. The House is set to vote on the GOP plan on Friday. Democratic leaders are whipping their members to oppose it.

"He's calling it a slush fund," Pelosi said of Boehner's proposal during a press conference. "Well, it may be a slush fund to him, but it's survival to women. It's survival to women. That just goes to show you what a luxury he thinks it is to have good health. We do not agree."

Nancy Pelosi Ties 'War On Women' To Student Loan Debate

It's survival to women.

huffingtonpost

jack-1.gif

It's survival to women.

huffingtonpost

jack-1.gif

What more proof do you need that you are brainwashed than you will only believe news you get from Rush/Drudge/Fox?

And if CBS, CNN & ABC are liberal, how come they aren't saying the same things you hear from us liberals on USMB? Like GW lied us into war, for example. Or that the GOP are purposely bankrupting the post office. If they are liberal, why aren't they asking the tough questions? Wake up.

So far the left has shown women 100 ways the GOP are attacking women and all the right has is one woman on the Democratic side said that the $250 million dollar Ann Romney never worked a day in her life.

Isn't that true? Remember you guys bashed the Dixie Chics for saying the truth? But then you aren't boycotting Ted Nugent for his treasonist remarks? What hypocricy.

It's survival to women.

huffingtonpost

jack-1.gif

What more proof do you need that you are brainwashed than you will only believe news you get from Rush/Drudge/Fox?

And if CBS, CNN & ABC are liberal, how come they aren't saying the same things you hear from us liberals on USMB? Like GW lied us into war, for example. Or that the GOP are purposely bankrupting the post office. If they are liberal, why aren't they asking the tough questions? Wake up.

You liberal idiots are so GOD DAMN stupid its not fucking funny!

As for where I get my news... its not Rush, Drudge or Fox, in fact its none of you business where I get it. Bottom line is, I know bullshit when I see it, and this thread is chock full of it.

Wait..... now they are war with the post office
laugh3.gif

Wow... who is brainwashed now??? :cuckoo:

So far the left has shown women 100 ways the GOP are attacking women and all the right has is one woman on the Democratic side said that the $250 million dollar Ann Romney never worked a day in her life.

Isn't that true? Remember you guys bashed the Dixie Chics for saying the truth? But then you aren't boycotting Ted Nugent for his treasonist remarks? What hypocricy.

thhumpingxt5.gif

WASHINGTON -- Congressional Democratic leaders have found another venue to hit Republicans for their so-called war on women: the debate over student loan costs.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for proposing on Wednesday to keep down the costs of student loan interest rates by pulling money from what he called "one of the slush funds in the president's health care law." He was referring to the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which contains billions of dollars aimed at encouraging people to take better care of themselves, thereby saving money down the road.

Student loan rates are set to double to 6.8 percent in July. Democrats have proposed covering the estimated $6 billion cost by closing a tax loophole that lets certain wealthy people avoid paying Medicare taxes, while Republicans have settled on nixing the preventative health fund. The House is set to vote on the GOP plan on Friday. Democratic leaders are whipping their members to oppose it.

"He's calling it a slush fund," Pelosi said of Boehner's proposal during a press conference. "Well, it may be a slush fund to him, but it's survival to women. It's survival to women. That just goes to show you what a luxury he thinks it is to have good health. We do not agree."

Students loan rates will double because the Democrat controlled congress wanted it that way and they conveniently decided that the increase would happen during an election year. Now they are pretending to be outraged at their own legislation, just so they can convince people they care. It's their favorite tactic of creating a problem so they can rush in and fix it and look like the heroes.

Meanwhile, not one Democrat will dare speak ill of any Muslim law. They are the most oppressive ever and the Democrats chose them as the first religion they would stand up for. None of them will say a word against them, no matter how many anti-women laws they create and they also want to live by their Sharia law even when they live in America. I would think NOW would be out there having a fit because Muslim men are oppressing their women like this.

As for where I get my news... its not Rush, Drudge or Fox, in fact its none of you business where I get it. Bottom line is, I know bullshit when I see it, and this thread is chock full of it.

laugh3.gif

You don't know about the GOP's plan to privatize the Post Office and steal that fat pension? You are underinformed and/or misinformed. Show me what news you got on this subject and then I will counter. We will see who's swallowing bullshit.

Students loan rates will double because the Democrat controlled congress wanted it that way and they conveniently decided that the increase would happen during an election year. Now they are pretending to be outraged at their own legislation, just so they can convince people they care. It's their favorite tactic of creating a problem so they can rush in and fix it and look like the heroes.

Meanwhile, not one Democrat will dare speak ill of any Muslim law. They are the most oppressive ever and the Democrats chose them as the first religion they would stand up for. None of them will say a word against them, no matter how many anti-women laws they create and they also want to live by their Sharia law even when they live in America. I would think NOW would be out there having a fit because Muslim men are oppressing their women like this.

Oh so you think this is an issue we just now manufactured? Then how do you explain this op ed from 2007?

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts | Common Dreams

Bottom line, Republicans are looking for things to cut funding for so they can pay for the tax breaks they are giving to rich people and corporations. schools, roads, bridges, infrastructure, safety nets, ss, medicare, epa, you name it. Everything but military. And even there they are willing to cut funding to the troops, just not the Pentagon or the Private Contractors. Keep funding them and then some!

I think there are more important things to get done than passing bills banning Sharia law in America, quite frankly.

I mean, who the fuck is interested in Sharia law? It's one of those issues where a whole party is howling at the moon over nonsense.

Get people back to work already and quit it with the attacks on Planned Parenthood. That's not what I wanted when I wanted sound fiscal cuts, not moronic ones that go after one of America's great successes.

The country is #1 in the world at early cancer detection and PP is partly responsible for that.

I think it's troubling that I know too many moderate conservative women who are discouraged by the Republicans in Washington. This House leadership has brought trouble upon themselves that they didn't have to, and there's an equal shot at this point as to whether they keep the House in November.

The American electorate just doesn't have any patience with them right now, and their approval rating is evidence of it. As quickly as moderates put the Democrats in there and then flushed them out, they will do the same thing with the Republicans. Up 70 seats in one election and down a ton the very next one. It's a bi-polar electorate in the center right now because the right is off in the crazy house bashing their heads against the wall over issues that average people didn't ask to be touched in the first place.

As quickly as they giveth, they shall taketh away.

I've been troubled by the disrespect to women by far right governance over the last year or so.

We asked for work on jobs and to continue to work on making health care more affordable and to make judicious spending cuts, not retarded ones.

laugh3.gif

You don't know about the GOP's plan to privatize the Post Office and steal that fat pension? You are underinformed and/or misinformed. Show me what news you got on this subject and then I will counter. We will see who's swallowing bullshit.

How in the Hell is privatizing the Post Office a bad thing... you tell me where the gov't has ever did anything that made a profit or even payed for itself w/o having to syphon money from the taxpayers.
Look at the airports that privatized their security and those that use TSA... no comparison in service whatsoever.
Look at Medicare & Medicaid... going broke!
Look at Detroit... unions drove GM & Chrysler to have to accept TAXPAYER money to stay in business...

Damn it, I could go on and on.... but I have a life, and cant stand pissing in the wind.

:fu:

Privatize the Post Office and watch them make a profit so they can pay for their own pensions. Just look at UPS & Fedex :dunno:

Still think I am underinformed and/or misinformed?

Bottom line, Republicans are looking for things to cut funding for so they can pay for the tax breaks they are giving to rich people and corporations. schools, roads, bridges, infrastructure, safety nets, ss, medicare, epa, you name it. Everything but military. And even there they are willing to cut funding to the troops, just not the Pentagon or the Private Contractors. Keep funding them and then some!

Your a drone....
thhopenosis.gif

laugh3.gif

How in the Hell is privatizing the Post Office a bad thing... you tell me where the gov't has ever did anything that made a profit or even payed for itself w/o having to syphon money from the taxpayers.
Look at the airports that privatized their security and those that use TSA... no comparison in service whatsoever.
Look at Detroit... unions drove GM & Chrysler to have to accept TAXPAYER money to stay in business...

Damn it, I could go on and on.... but I have a life, and cant stand pissing in the wind.

Privatize the Post Office and watch them make a profit so they can pay for their own pensions. Just look at UPS & Fedex :dunno:

YOu are so off base I don't know where to begin. I started but then thought why bother. Vote for Romney.

Egyptians have always been a little weird about dead bodies. Why not extend the Egyptian husband's sexual enjoyment time to about six months if he has the proper refrigeration or longer if he is skilled in mummification techniques. I recall Bill Clinton being aroused when he saw a cute mummy babe a few years ago.

YOu are so off base I don't know where to begin. I started but then thought why bother. Vote for Romney.

What.... cant defend your fucking dumb ass statements....

I defended mine... CHICKEN MUCH??

I think there are more important things to get done than passing bills banning Sharia law in America, quite frankly.

I mean, who the fuck is interested in Sharia law? It's one of those issues where a whole party is howling at the moon over nonsense.

Get people back to work already and quit it with the attacks on Planned Parenthood. That's not what I wanted when I wanted sound fiscal cuts, not moronic ones that go after one of America's great successes.

The country is #1 in the world at early cancer detection and PP is partly responsible for that.

I think it's troubling that I know too many moderate conservative women who are discouraged by the Republicans in Washington. This House leadership has brought trouble upon themselves that they didn't have to, and there's an equal shot at this point as to whether they keep the House in November.

The American electorate just doesn't have any patience with them right now, and their approval rating is evidence of it. As quickly as moderates put the Democrats in there and then flushed them out, they will do the same thing with the Republicans. Up 70 seats in one election and down a ton the very next one. It's a bi-polar electorate in the center right now because the right is off in the crazy house bashing their heads against the wall over issues that average people didn't ask to be touched in the first place.

As quickly as they giveth, they shall taketh away.

I've been troubled by the disrespect to women by far right governance over the last year or so.

We asked for work on jobs and to continue to work on making health care more affordable and to make judicious spending cuts, not retarded ones.

Great post. And they are attacking women on several fronts.

They're holding hostage reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.

They are pushing through a lot of anti abortion legislation while no one but us on the left are paying attention.

In Wisconsin they did away with a law that allowed women to sue for discrimination in the workplace.

Or this in Florida:

Scott cuts funding for rape crisis centers during Sexual Assault Awareness Month | Florida Independent

Scott cuts funding for rape crisis centers during Sexual Assault Awareness Month

What.... cant defend your fucking dumb ass statements....

I defended mine... CHICKEN MUCH??

Some days I'm in the mood and I'll write you a fucking preamble as to why you are a fool but I just don't feel like it right now. I'm never gonna convince you but trust me, you are so fucking stupid and wrong.

Unless you are rich? But chances are you are not rich enough to be GOP, but you are happy with your station in life and no one is going to convince you that your beloved corporations and rich slave masters fucked us all over. Even when they fucked you over right in front of your eyes, on Bush's way out the door he held us up. It was the biggest bank robbery in world history. And they even got you to blame Pelosi and Reed and Clinton and Carter and Freddy/Fanny Mack. You dumb sonofabitch. Its almost laughable. I wish we could go our seperate ways. You take half the states and we'll take the other half. But we get Alaska if you get Texas. We can't have you guys fucking us with all the oil.

In 2011 over 600 anti choice bills were introduced at the state level by Republicans.

From the Center for Reproductive Rights' 2010-11 annual report:

"The Center is hard-pressed to cite a time in the last twenty years that can rival -- in volume and in severity -- this most recent period of anti-woman, anti-child, and anti-health legislative action in the United States."

Forum List

Back