The Republican attempt to Make Slavery a Constitutional Right

You said there are conservative democrats
Never said any such thing, never. You’ve yet to post it. While
you're the one using that label I’m just pulling your chain and you’re biting.
I gave you your own quote and you chose to pretend it didn't happen. Not my problem.
And my quote never had me saying any such thing.
I said there used to be fairly conservative democrats, yes or no?
You said there still are, yes or no?

Be honest for a change.

You’re funny. You have a mental block that won’t allow you to see, that republicans are the radical far right. They aren’t mainstream. They aren’t even conservative. When was the last time you balanced a fking budget or even tried to reduce a deficit, when was the last time trump actually practiced law and order. When was the last time your party respected the constitution ? Not lately.

You’re trying to make a difference between your Labels when there is none. You don’t get it. Name one major difference between a Biden and AOC.....name one. Then I’ll remind you what what I said that you can’t hear. What you want to call conservative ( Biden) and those who you want to call progressive/liberal just doesn’t exist. I did explained all that. Be honest. You really want to vote for Biden because you think he’s conservative.

Its Obama that defended our country and borders more than trump. You want to call it conservative to do that ? Then vote for democrats.

That’s laughable. I’ll repeat; Today’s Republicans are radical. AOC suports ideas that are mainstream and are called conservative by the average American and the rest of the world.

it’s YOU who are a far right radical.....

HUH? Just HUH? AOC is "mainstream"?! Is that why Biden and Harris have loudly denied that they support her Green New Deal?

Trump has been all about law and order, while a bunch of Democratic mayors and governors have stood back and let rioters destroy and loot in their cities. Heck, Kamala Harris has been raising money to get the rioters and other violent thugs released from jail.
AOC to serve on Biden’s climate panel as well as join Berne on his policy panel. Does that sound they disagree.

the green new deal ? Biden says one thing, his site says another.
The truth is, it’s both. Healthcare is addressed in the green new deal. Biden wants to address it through the ACA. He does want a new vehicle. The end game is the same...Medicare for anyone who wants it.
the other one, is a jobs bill that Biden wants to address through a deferent vehicle.
look it up. All differences without a difference.

context/5887079002/#:~:text=The%20plan%20differs%20from%20the%20Green%20New%20Deal,in%20fight%20with%20Trump%20over%20Rust%20Belt%20moderates

laughable. Both Bernie and AOC will be policy movers.
Name some conservative democrats. You said they exist, then lied about saying it.
Some one is listening with their arse.
Every democrat is more conservative economically then Trump republicans. Medicare for all is huge cheaper over the years then private insurance. In modern times Every Dem administration has driven down the deficits over the years in office vs republicans. Tea party people were a joke. Their candidates voted to raise the yearly deficits.

climate change investments now are cheaper then funding repair after storms.

We prefer a military that uses our allies so they become our buffer between us and out enemies. It’s cheaper.

We abide the constitution... we have fewer crooks in office of the president by 117 to 1. Is not being a crook a conservative value ?
anything else ?
So you're still not naming any democrats and instead are pretending that they all are. Interesting. Anyone else agree with this obviously twisted viewpoint?

At least you're not still flat out lying that you never said what I quoted you as saying.

Oh, and BTW, we've not had 118 presidents, so your math is wrong too.

Look, the undeniable fact is that the OP is silly and misleading. Anyone who thinks the Republicans were the ones who were trying to perpetuate slavery, and not the Democrats, should sign up for the Flat Earth Society.

I gave you your own quote and you chose to pretend it didn't happen. Not my problem.

Be honest for a change.

You’re funny. You have a mental block that won’t allow you to see, that republicans are the radical far right. They aren’t mainstream. They aren’t even conservative. When was the last time you balanced a fking budget or even tried to reduce a deficit, when was the last time trump actually practiced law and order. When was the last time your party respected the constitution ? Not lately.

You’re trying to make a difference between your Labels when there is none. You don’t get it. Name one major difference between a Biden and AOC.....name one. Then I’ll remind you what what I said that you can’t hear. What you want to call conservative ( Biden) and those who you want to call progressive/liberal just doesn’t exist. I did explained all that. Be honest. You really want to vote for Biden because you think he’s conservative.

Its Obama that defended our country and borders more than trump. You want to call it conservative to do that ? Then vote for democrats.

That’s laughable. I’ll repeat; Today’s Republicans are radical. AOC suports ideas that are mainstream and are called conservative by the average American and the rest of the world.

HUH? Just HUH? AOC is "mainstream"?! Is that why Biden and Harris have loudly denied that they support her Green New Deal?

Trump has been all about law and order, while a bunch of Democratic mayors and governors have stood back and let rioters destroy and loot in their cities. Heck, Kamala Harris has been raising money to get the rioters and other violent thugs released from jail.
AOC to serve on Biden’s climate panel as well as join Berne on his policy panel. Does that sound they disagree.

The truth is, it’s both. Healthcare is addressed in the green new deal. Biden wants to address it through the ACA. He does want a new vehicle. The end game is the same...Medicare for anyone who wants it.
the other one, is a jobs bill that Biden wants to address through a deferent vehicle.

context/5887079002/#:~:text=The%20plan%20differs%20from%20the%20Green%20New%20Deal,in%20fight%20with%20Trump%20over%20Rust%20Belt%20moderates

Name some conservative democrats. You said they exist, then lied about saying it.
Every democrat is more conservative economically then Trump republicans. Medicare for all is huge cheaper over the years then private insurance. In modern times Every Dem administration has driven down the deficits over the years in office vs republicans. Tea party people were a joke. Their candidates voted to raise the yearly deficits.

We prefer a military that uses our allies so they become our buffer between us and out enemies. It’s cheaper.

We abide the constitution... we have fewer crooks in office of the president by 117 to 1. Is not being a crook a conservative value ?
anything else ?
So you're still not naming any democrats and instead are pretending that they all are. Interesting. Anyone else agree with this obviously twisted viewpoint?

At least you're not still flat out lying that you never said what I quoted you as saying.

Guess my answer was way too long for your attention span. All the Dems are on the same page. You aren’t conservative. Trump isn’t. Moscow Mitch isn’t. Whose left ? Democrats. You can’t do anything but run the deficit and fail at our security. You can’t protect anyone and the gop isn’t interested in apeasin* anyone but cheats, liars and Putin.

Guess my answer was way too long for your attention span. All the Dems are on the same page. You aren’t conservative. Trump isn’t. Moscow Mitch isn’t. Whose left ? Democrats. You can’t do anything but run the deficit and fail at our security. You can’t protect anyone and the gop isn’t interested in apeasin* anyone but cheats, liars and Putin.

What planet do you live on? Trump has boosted defense spending tremendously. As for the deficit, go look at the Congressional debates and you'll see that the Democrats have blocked every Republican effort to reduce spending. They have threatened filibusters every time the Republicans have tried to impose some modest spending limits.

And regarding Russia and Putin, Trump has been far tougher on Russia than Obama was: Trump has sold weapons to Ukraine and Georgia, something that Obama refused to do for fear of offending Russia. Trump has imposed tariffs on Russian steel, infuriating Russia. Trump has pushed NATO nations to increase their defense spending, contrary to Russia's wishes. Trump has expelled dozens of Russian diplomats and closed a Russian consulate--how many Russian diplomats did Obama expel, and how many consulates did he close? Trump has maintained targeted sanctions on Russia. And, Trump pulled out of the disastrous Iran nuke deal, a deal that Russia strongly supported.

Many "Republicans" in this forum are truly dishonest people.

The Corwin Amendment

The Corwin Amendment, also called the “Slavery Amendment,” was a constitutional amendment passed by Congress in 1861 but never ratified by the states that would have banned the federal government from abolishing the institution of slavery in the states where it existed at the time. Considering it a last-ditch effort to prevent the looming Civil War, supporters of the Corwin Amendment hoped it would prevent the southern states that had not already done so from seceding from the Union. Ironically, Abraham Lincoln did not oppose the measure.

The operative section of the Corwin Amendment states:

“No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.” Edited

In referring to enslavement as “domestic institutions” and “persons held to labor or service,” rather than by the specific word “slavery,” the amendment reflects wording in the draft of the Constitution considered by delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787, which referred to enslaved people as “Person held to Service."

Senator William H. Seward and Representative Thomas Corwin introduced the Corwin Amendment, both were republicans. Edited, red is reserved for moderator's action on the open board.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear..." - Abraham Lincoln

Ironically, his view of saving the Union was to invalidate original intent. Lincoln was a strong Hamiltonian who supported a strong centralized government. He didn't care about slavery. But that's another discussion.

Last edited:
They have threatened filibusters every time the Republicans have tried to impose some modest spending limits.
Right. Social security and Medicare were on line for bigger cuts then the will be.
the SS and Medicare part A trust funds are still in the black. Cutting these program more means that more money from payroll tax will go into the general fund to pay for defense. That’s not what payroll taxes were intended. Of course, you must not be collecting SS or on Medicare so you don’t care ?

Democrats want us all to be slaves to the state.

We're all slaves to a Keynesian monetary policy. And we are whipped into compliance by bipartisan masters.
Oh, trickle down has created the biggest deficits. The deficits rise every year that the gop is in charge. They ALWAYS drop with higher eco growth during Dem admins. The gop has always sucked on the economy and keeping us safe. 911, pandemics, gun deaths, higher cancer rates from environmental deregulation etc.....

Be honest for a change.

anything else ?

Okay, thus far we have you insisting that all democrats are conservative. Clearly you are in the minority on that. Now you claim that we've had 118 presidents. Since you won't name conservative democrats, could you name the 118 presidents?

The Corwin Amendment

The Corwin Amendment, also called the “Slavery Amendment,” was a constitutional amendment passed by Congress in 1861 but never ratified by the states that would have banned the federal government from abolishing the institution of slavery in the states where it existed at the time. Considering it a last-ditch effort to prevent the looming Civil War, supporters of the Corwin Amendment hoped it would prevent the southern states that had not already done so from seceding from the Union. Ironically, Abraham Lincoln did not oppose the measure.

“No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.” Edited

In referring to enslavement as “domestic institutions” and “persons held to labor or service,” rather than by the specific word “slavery,” the amendment reflects wording in the draft of the Constitution considered by delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787, which referred to enslaved people as “Person held to Service."

Senator William H. Seward and Representative Thomas Corwin introduced the Corwin Amendment, both were republicans. Edited, red is reserved for moderator's action on the open board.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear..." - Abraham Lincoln

Ironically, his view of saving the Union was to invalidate original intent. Lincoln was a strong Hamiltonian who supported a strong centralized government. He didn't care about slavery. But that's another discussion.

Actually, Lincoln cared deeply about slavery; he found it repulsive. But, he also respected the limits of federal power on the issue. The Civil War gave him an opening to begin to chip away at slavery, and that is exactly what he did. And, before the war was over, he got Congress to approve the 13th Amendment to abolish slavery.

So it is simply false to say that Lincoln did not care about slavery. That obscene myth has never been taken seriously by any credible historian or scholar.

We're all slaves to a Keynesian monetary policy. And we are whipped into compliance by bipartisan masters.
Oh, trickle down has created the biggest deficits. The deficits rise every year that the gop is in charge. They ALWAYS drop with higher eco growth during Dem admins. The gop has always sucked on the economy and keeping us safe. 911, pandemics, gun deaths, higher cancer rates from environmental deregulation etc.....

Every administration in my life time has increased the cumulative debt, both Republican and Democrat. Every administration in my life time has increased the size of government. I have voted Libertarian on many times because of that.

The difference is that generally the Democrats use the government to increase filthy welfare while the Republicans use the government to grow the economy.

You are confused with your stupid statements about the GOP sucking the economy and not keeping us safe. Just go take your TDS medication and lie down and take a nap. That way you won't look like an idiot by posting your uneducated filth.

gun deaths,

I know you are an uneducated Moon Bat that doesn't know that the great majority of gun crime in this country is in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes among the Black core voting block of the filthy ass Democrat Party.

gun deaths,

I know you are an uneducated Moon Bat that doesn't know that the great majority of gun crime in this country is in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes among the Black core voting block of the filthy ass Democrat Party.

Stop beating around the bush and say what you really mean!

The liberals in this thread are the same kinds of people who have been tearing down statues of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington over the last four months.

I would truly like to know what country's founding the protesters consider to be honorable. If they think America's founding was immoral, just exactly which country's founding do they find acceptable?

What planet do you live on? Trump has boosted defense spending tremendously. As for the deficit, go look at the Congressional debates and you'll see that the Democrats have blocked every Republican effort to reduce spending. They have threatened filibusters every time the Republicans have tried to impose some modest spending limits.

And regarding Russia and Putin, Trump has been far tougher on Russia than Obama was: Trump has sold weapons to Ukraine and Georgia, something that Obama refused to do for fear of offending Russia. Trump has imposed tariffs on Russian steel, infuriating Russia. Trump has pushed NATO nations to increase their defense spending, contrary to Russia's wishes. Trump has expelled dozens of Russian diplomats and closed a Russian consulate--how many Russian diplomats did Obama expel, and how many consulates did he close? Trump has maintained targeted sanctions on Russia. And, Trump pulled out of the disastrous Iran nuke deal, a deal that Russia strongly supported.
Dudes, there is no general warfare clause in our federal Constitution. We have a general welfare clause. Is it any wonder democrats don't want to go along with republican warfare-State spending they also don't want to pay for with war time tax rates.

President Trump is proposing a massive increase in defense spending of $54 billion while cutting domestic spending and foreign aid by the same amount, the White House said Monday.--https://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-201702-htmlstory.html#trump-wants-to-add-54-billion-to-defense-budget-while-slashing-domestic-spending-and-foreign-aid

Every administration in my life time has increased the cumulative debt, both Republican and Democrat. Every administration in my life time has increased the size of government. I have voted Libertarian on many times because of that.

The difference is that generally the Democrats use the government to increase filthy welfare while the Republicans use the government to grow the economy.

You are confused with your stupid statements about the GOP sucking the economy and not keeping us safe. Just go take your TDS medication and lie down and take a nap. That way you won't look like an idiot by posting your uneducated filth.
lol. Growing our military is not the same as growing our economy. What you allege to be "filthy welfare" is actually in our federal Constitution as a general power delegated to Congress by the People. There is no general warfare clause nor any common offense clause.

gun deaths,

You are relying on obsolete information, right wing red States have had increasing violence along with their increasing populations.

Every administration in my life time has increased the cumulative debt,
That’s a math knowledge defiCIENT statement that says nothing. Debt increases exponentially due to compound interest on the unpaid balance until the deficit Is less then zero and debt is being paid off.

When republicans have their recessions and generate huge deficits with their tax cuts, it’s impossible to pay down the debt until the deficit is gone. ALL dem admins in modern history have reduced the deficit during their tenure. ALL republicans have increased it. So don’t give us this false choice about both sides increasing debt being party relevant . The Dems have better economic growth and always do better.

Conservatives all need to return to math class and learn something about exponential growth and compound interest on the balance and yearly deficits.

LOOK UP the difference between debt and deficit.

The single biggest cause of deficits, HUGE TAX CUTS.

They always claim that tax cuts generates revenue. That’s like saying, taking a pay cut will increase your income. That’s a real “dah” statement.

Last edited:

The Corwin Amendment

Wow what is it you are smoking can you share it??

Forum List

Back