The Relevance of Feminism Now

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Sky Dancer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    You should try being a male Victoria's Secret model and see how much dignity and respect you get. Since I just came up with one job where women will always get more respect than men my guess is your life experience is worth about as much as any other anecdote, nothing.

2. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,560
    And the remote control. No sense trying to go against the laws of nature. :)

3. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,981
    Roar, alpha male.

4. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,553
    For most of my adult life I have held jobs that are more typically held by men. I have never, and I do mean never, been paid less than a man for the work than I did. Generally I have earned more than most of the men because I made myself more productive and effective and therefore worth more money.

The evidence is clear that women who educate themselves on a par with top wage earners, who acquire comparable skills, and who put the same effort and savvy in the the job, will generally earn somewhat more than the average man doing the same work.

The woman who takes time off to have and raise kids or for whatever other purpose is to be commended and applauded, but she cannot expect to come back to the job with the same senority and experience that those who did not take time off will have. But every woman has the full right to make that choice one way or the other.