The Relevance of Feminism Now

We still don't have complete pay equity between women and men. We continually struggle to keep reproductive rights for women.

The ERA bombed. What is the relevance of feminism today?

Surely we can't have lost it to Limbaugh's Feminazi Rhetoric.

Are we ready for a woman President?

Discuss.

How about the negative effects "feminism" has had on men and boys? This country is feminized, completely. It is shown in the way our children are shooled. All young boys are encouraged to shut up, and deny their boyish tendencies to be rambuncious and explore, to be "more like girls." The drop out rates for boys in high school and college are far higher than for females. This society, at the moment, favors females in so many ways. The inequality goes both ways, and feminism has overstepped its bounds and is now having an impact on males.

Last edited by a moderator:
We still don't have complete pay equity between women and men. We continually struggle to keep reproductive rights for women.

Discuss.

How about the negative effects "feminism" has had on men and boys? This country is feminized, completely. It is shown in the way our children are shooled. All young boys are encouraged to shut up, and deny their boyish tendencies to be rambuncious and explore, to be "more like girls." The drop out rates for boys in high school and college are far higher than for females. This society, at the moment, favors females in so many ways. The inequality goes both ways, and feminism has overstepped its bounds and is now having an impact on males.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOTj9NDv80&feature=related]War Against Boys - YouTube[/ame]
Edited

There are real facts that are startling about how males are being entirely beaten out by females in our schooling system, as well as far higher suicide rates among males. This is a real problem, and a direct result of the feminist movement to feminize males (carol gilligan in the 90's spearheaded this). The statistics are real.

Hmmm, well, looks like some disagree but I still say that REAL Americans fighting for EQUAL RIGHTS for ALL Americans is never and will never be "irrelevant".

JMO, but this is not and will never a "partisan" question or issue.

No matter who you voted for, its a very basic AMERICAN value - Equal Rights For ALL Americans.

I have had equal rights for my entire life. Where do you live that women don't have equal protection under the law?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA&feature=related]Feminism and the Disposable Male - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsItPtjR4dk&feature=relmfu]Freedom from Feminism-Panel Discussion - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_6wwHpAr8&playnext=1&list=PL08A612D5818956B1&feature=results_video]Feminism, Pt 3 - Manhood Criminalized - YouTube[/ame]

Discuss.

What happened to the ERA is a perfect example of how it is NOT a good idea to put civil rights up for a popular vote.

Discuss.

What happened to the ERA is a perfect example of how it is NOT a good idea to put civil rights up for a popular vote.

As I stated earlier, the ERA was redundant. Women were already protected by the 14th amendment.

Anti-woman women. Amazing. Anti-feminist==opposed to equal rights/pay for women.

What cracks me up are the "former feminists". They remind me of ex-smokers.

"Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating."

Andrea Dworkin

Still not defending your position, amazing.

Hmmm, well, looks like some disagree but I still say that REAL Americans fighting for EQUAL RIGHTS for ALL Americans is never and will never be "irrelevant".

JMO, but this is not and will never a "partisan" question or issue.

No matter who you voted for, its a very basic AMERICAN value - Equal Rights For ALL Americans.

It looks to me like you don't understand the concept of a debate.

evidently you all aren't ready for a woman President...you had a chance and they ended up kicking her to the curb for A MAN..

as for the rest..not all women think they are being denied anything..just the feminizes are never happy no matter..rather sad

Choosing Obama over H. Clinton was not a choice of MAN over WOMAN. It was based on who presented a better argument in the debates and WHO the Dems thought could beat McCain.

I also think the idea that we would go from Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton may have been a little too elitist sounding for some. A bit like an American aristocracy. So that may have played a role as well.

Its a shame that you should think that Hilary was kicked to the curb because of her gender. She was NOT kicked to the curb. The Dems still have great respect for Hilary and if she chose to run again in 2016, they would most likely rally around her as there seem to be no new Dem leaders rising at this time.

Yep, that is why they picked the guy that had no experience, they thought he could beat the Republican.

Women are treated unfairly, if you think otherwise you make too much money, lol.

I don't know about pay and benefits and stuff like that, but I know for a 100% fact that women are often treated with less respect and dignity than a man working the exact same job.

I have personal, life experince to back this up. I am so glad I'm not an american women, better yet, I"M SO GLAD I'M NOT AN ATTRACTIVE WOMEN!

Discuss.

1. too many women I know are still subject to bullying abuse based on gender, and more prone to have perceptions and opinions devalued by EITHER men OR OTHER WOMEN who aren't aware how easy this is to do. there is something in our socialization that perpetuates the habit of letting men/boys speak out of turn and impose their opinions, while women are expected to ask or speak in private etc. I see this happen all the time, even among individuals and with groups which CLAIM to be sensitive about gender issues; it is a flaw in our social conditioning.

2. as for a woman "president" the system itself of electing representatives depends too much on bullying by majority rule by partisan politics. more women serve in positions that are "appointed" rather than elected. so unless we overcome that bias which makes people unequal in general, people who can't afford the political and financial leverage to get elected have just had to find ways to serve in unelected roles to get work done, while those who play the politics take turns fighting to credit or discredit themselves. this game is independent of gender, and precludes leaders of either gender from elected positions! the politics is patriarchal in design, but it discriminates against both men and women.
To speak to number one: I don't think this has anything to do with socialization at all. The idea that men and women are the same is absolutely nuts. They are not the same at all. We should all be equal of course, but you can't get there without acknowledging that there are clear differences in e general way that women and men behave and carry themselves. There are, of course, exceptions to this generalization but in general, men and women are different. This is actually a really good thing. I don't really want to be married to a man or even a woman that acts like a man anymore than my wife wants to be married to a woman or a man at acts like a woman. Our differences is what makes us complete each other.

To the op, feminism, at least the feminisim that I have seen, has no place anymore. Men and women are for the most part equal. That does not mean that women no longer need to fight for their equality, you must always remain vigilant and ere will always be varying degrees or inequalities through life, but the movement as a whole seems to have gone overboard. Just my humble opinion of course. In general, I believe that special advocate groups like that actually tend to create more inequality than get rid of it because they are based specifically on division. Wen your entire purpose is devoted on an ajenda that is specific to one group then you can't have equality. Not to say that was not needed in the past, but after that equality is reached what is the point of focusing on different groups rather than the whole?

evidently you all aren't ready for a woman President...you had a chance and they ended up kicking her to the curb for A MAN..

as for the rest..not all women think they are being denied anything..just the feminizes are never happy no matter..rather sad

Choosing Obama over H. Clinton was not a choice of MAN over WOMAN. It was based on who presented a better argument in the debates and WHO the Dems thought could beat McCain.

I also think the idea that we would go from Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton may have been a little too elitist sounding for some. A bit like an American aristocracy. So that may have played a role as well.

Its a shame that you should think that Hilary was kicked to the curb because of her gender. She was NOT kicked to the curb. The Dems still have great respect for Hilary and if she chose to run again in 2016, they would most likely rally around her as there seem to be no new Dem leaders rising at this time.

yeah right...so you all didn't have faith in a woman beating McCain. spin it however you want

Discuss.

As I stated earlier, the ERA was redundant. Women were already protected by the 14th amendment.

And yet...it could not be passed....ample evidence that when civil rights are put up to a popular vote, it's not a good idea...it probably won't pass....too many people don't care about others and their equal rights.

Let's look at this another way.

I've heard people say that the NAACP is now irrelevant because blacks have equal rights.

I've heard people say that Feminism is now irrelevant for the same reason.

How about we say the NRA is now irrelevant because we have the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms codified.

Women unfortunately have been proven to think with their clitoris. That's why they can't rise to presidential level in politics. They can't rise very far elsewhere either because they do not intend to advance, they intend to lower the standards to vault them into meeting those newly lowered standards. As long as women demand women's rights they will never be able to rise above what they have now. Equal rights doesn't mean equality to those above the station they have, but that others should reduce the standards so they can be equal. Women are quite happy being second class citizens, if only everyone was a second class citizen too.

In the beginning of the equal rights movement, I was right there, demanding recognition for what I did and an end to an unbelievable amount of sex discrimination and harassment. What happened to those noble ideals? Women threw them out, that's what. Instead of being worth more, women made demands made on pussy power alone. The promotion still goes to a woman who fucks the manager not the best performer. Unless real performance is demanded, then they promote a man. A man who won't get a headache, or have period pain, or take a few days off after a bad breakup. A man who won't demand accommodation for breast feeding or take maternity leave. The women's answer to maternity leave is not to rise to the level of a male counterpart, it's to demand paternity leave too! There's a solution for you. Any employer would welcome that one.

Women want to turn the workplace into the current version of the Batchelor where they debase themselves for the amusement of others, cry, spread their legs, and dither over who gets the "prize".

Women had a chance, mostly because mothers and grandmothers gave them that chance and women totally blew it. They are unworthy of what they were given.

Women unfortunately have been proven to think with their clitoris. That's why they can't rise to presidential level in politics. They can't rise very far elsewhere either because they do not intend to advance, they intend to lower the standards to vault them into meeting those newly lowered standards. As long as women demand women's rights they will never be able to rise above what they have now. Equal rights doesn't mean equality to those above the station they have, but that others should reduce the standards so they can be equal. Women are quite happy being second class citizens, if only everyone was a second class citizen too.

In the beginning of the equal rights movement, I was right there, demanding recognition for what I did and an end to an unbelievable amount of sex discrimination and harassment. What happened to those noble ideals? Women threw them out, that's what. Instead of being worth more, women made demands made on pussy power alone. The promotion still goes to a woman who fucks the manager not the best performer. Unless real performance is demanded, then they promote a man. A man who won't get a headache, or have period pain, or take a few days off after a bad breakup. A man who won't demand accommodation for breast feeding or take maternity leave. The women's answer to maternity leave is not to rise to the level of a male counterpart, it's to demand paternity leave too! There's a solution for you. Any employer would welcome that one.

Women want to turn the workplace into the current version of the Batchelor where they debase themselves for the amusement of others, cry, spread their legs, and dither over who gets the "prize".

Women had a chance, mostly because mothers and grandmothers gave them that chance and women totally blew it. They are unworthy of what they were given.

Wow. Just wow.

And yet...it could not be passed....ample evidence that when civil rights are put up to a popular vote, it's not a good idea...it probably won't pass....too many people don't care about others and their equal rights.
Or maybe enough persons care to keep some things sex exclusive, such as sororities. Maybe enough persons see no reason for men to have maternity leave. Maybe enough persons like the idea that should they hire a personal assistant or healthcare worker, they can choose to have one of the same sex for modesty reasons, for example. Maybe enough persons don't want elective abortions funded by their tax dollars. Maybe churches want to keep their First Amendment rights. Maybe enough in the military think women in combat is counterproductive to the mission. Maybe widows want to keep getting Social Security benefits. Maybe enough persons still thing Affirmative Action is a good idea. Just for example.

Your assumption, obviously, if flawed.

God damn!

God damn!

It should make anyone sick to their stomachs. We created a world for a short moment in which daughters could grow up to be anything they wanted. Instead women took that chance and gave their daughters toddlers in tiaras, thong bikinis for six year olds, brazillian waxes for 14 year olds, plastic surgery and botox for teenagers and breast implants for girls who haven't developed breasts. Instead of ambition women handed over the expected payment for babies, abortions, and the provison for their next meal. At one time, it was unacceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything, a man must provide for them. Now it's completely acceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything but the government will provide for them.

I wish it had just never happened. It was a mistake to even want women's equality in the first place. They simply aren't capable. Some are, and they will be beaten down by the rest into mediocrity and scented douche.

God damn!

It should make anyone sick to their stomachs. We created a world for a short moment in which daughters could grow up to be anything they wanted. Instead women took that chance and gave their daughters toddlers in tiaras, thong bikinis for six year olds, brazillian waxes for 14 year olds, plastic surgery and botox for teenagers and breast implants for girls who haven't developed breasts. Instead of ambition women handed over the expected payment for babies, abortions, and the provison for their next meal. At one time, it was unacceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything, a man must provide for them. Now it's completely acceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything but the government will provide for them.

I wish it had just never happened. It was a mistake to even want women's equality in the first place. They simply aren't capable. Some are, and they will be beaten down by the rest into mediocrity and scented douche.
Very well put. I would also add that the barbecue should only be manned by a man. It's way too much power for anyone without manly arms and a heart like a lion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back