The Relevance of Feminism Now

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Sky Dancer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    To speak to number one: I don't think this has anything to do with socialization at all. The idea that men and women are the same is absolutely nuts. They are not the same at all. We should all be equal of course, but you can't get there without acknowledging that there are clear differences in e general way that women and men behave and carry themselves. There are, of course, exceptions to this generalization but in general, men and women are different. This is actually a really good thing. I don't really want to be married to a man or even a woman that acts like a man anymore than my wife wants to be married to a woman or a man at acts like a woman. Our differences is what makes us complete each other.

To the op, feminism, at least the feminisim that I have seen, has no place anymore. Men and women are for the most part equal. That does not mean that women no longer need to fight for their equality, you must always remain vigilant and ere will always be varying degrees or inequalities through life, but the movement as a whole seems to have gone overboard. Just my humble opinion of course. In general, I believe that special advocate groups like that actually tend to create more inequality than get rid of it because they are based specifically on division. Wen your entire purpose is devoted on an ajenda that is specific to one group then you can't have equality. Not to say that was not needed in the past, but after that equality is reached what is the point of focusing on different groups rather than the whole?

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,376
    yeah right...so you all didn't have faith in a woman beating McCain. spin it however you want

3. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,660
    And yet...it could not be passed....ample evidence that when civil rights are put up to a popular vote, it's not a good idea...it probably won't pass....too many people don't care about others and their equal rights.

4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,660
    Let's look at this another way.

I've heard people say that the NAACP is now irrelevant because blacks have equal rights.

I've heard people say that Feminism is now irrelevant for the same reason.

How about we say the NRA is now irrelevant because we have the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms codified.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,360
    Women unfortunately have been proven to think with their clitoris. That's why they can't rise to presidential level in politics. They can't rise very far elsewhere either because they do not intend to advance, they intend to lower the standards to vault them into meeting those newly lowered standards. As long as women demand women's rights they will never be able to rise above what they have now. Equal rights doesn't mean equality to those above the station they have, but that others should reduce the standards so they can be equal. Women are quite happy being second class citizens, if only everyone was a second class citizen too.

In the beginning of the equal rights movement, I was right there, demanding recognition for what I did and an end to an unbelievable amount of sex discrimination and harassment. What happened to those noble ideals? Women threw them out, that's what. Instead of being worth more, women made demands made on pussy power alone. The promotion still goes to a woman who fucks the manager not the best performer. Unless real performance is demanded, then they promote a man. A man who won't get a headache, or have period pain, or take a few days off after a bad breakup. A man who won't demand accommodation for breast feeding or take maternity leave. The women's answer to maternity leave is not to rise to the level of a male counterpart, it's to demand paternity leave too! There's a solution for you. Any employer would welcome that one.

Women want to turn the workplace into the current version of the Batchelor where they debase themselves for the amusement of others, cry, spread their legs, and dither over who gets the "prize".

Women had a chance, mostly because mothers and grandmothers gave them that chance and women totally blew it. They are unworthy of what they were given.

6. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,660
    Wow. Just wow.

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,586
    Or maybe enough persons care to keep some things sex exclusive, such as sororities. Maybe enough persons see no reason for men to have maternity leave. Maybe enough persons like the idea that should they hire a personal assistant or healthcare worker, they can choose to have one of the same sex for modesty reasons, for example. Maybe enough persons don't want elective abortions funded by their tax dollars. Maybe churches want to keep their First Amendment rights. Maybe enough in the military think women in combat is counterproductive to the mission. Maybe widows want to keep getting Social Security benefits. Maybe enough persons still thing Affirmative Action is a good idea. Just for example.

Your assumption, obviously, if flawed.

8. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,737
    God damn!

9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,360
    It should make anyone sick to their stomachs. We created a world for a short moment in which daughters could grow up to be anything they wanted. Instead women took that chance and gave their daughters toddlers in tiaras, thong bikinis for six year olds, brazillian waxes for 14 year olds, plastic surgery and botox for teenagers and breast implants for girls who haven't developed breasts. Instead of ambition women handed over the expected payment for babies, abortions, and the provison for their next meal. At one time, it was unacceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything, a man must provide for them. Now it's completely acceptable for women to be raised to think they can't do anything but the government will provide for them.

I wish it had just never happened. It was a mistake to even want women's equality in the first place. They simply aren't capable. Some are, and they will be beaten down by the rest into mediocrity and scented douche.

10. Pho_King

Pho_King BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Very well put. I would also add that the barbecue should only be manned by a man. It's way too much power for anyone without manly arms and a heart like a lion.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012