The Reason Why I Don't Have A Single Ounce Of Respect For Any Republican Today

Bush doubled our national debt.

Obama is on track to double it again.

If you are mad at Obama now, but were not mad at Bush then, I think that is pretty hypocritical.

Of course the inverse is also true!

It was the mental twists people had to make to convince themselves that waterboarding is not torture which finally did it for me. The self-delusion required to get there was a batshit crazy bar too high for me.

We mand 5 terriorist uncomfortable, did not hurt them physically, got information that ultimately led to OBL. They on the other hand would be happy to cut your freaking head off, and you sympathize with them. Then you have the balls to call us batshit crazy? Your pathetic.

It was the mental twists people had to make to convince themselves that waterboarding is not torture which finally did it for me. The self-delusion required to get there was a batshit crazy bar too high for me.

We mand 5 terriorist uncomfortable, did not hurt them physically, got information that ultimately led to OBL. They on the other hand would be happy to cut your freaking head off, and you sympathize with them. Then you have the balls to call us batshit crazy? Your pathetic.

Moral equivalency, really? That's your argument?

We are better than them because we don't torture them as badly as they do us?

Let's see. What else. Oh, I sympathize with terrorists because I would not torture them. A fallacy of the excluded middle. Cute.

As I pointed out earlier, our country tried and sentenced to hard labor people who had waterboarded Americans, and we did so because we considered it torture.

This is what I mean when I talk about how easy it is to retroactively reinvent our history for people with a total ignorance of history and the memory retention of goldfish. What we once called torture isn't torture now if we do it.

Like I said. Batshit crazy bar. Too high.

Last edited:

It is the vast silliness of trying to conflate waterboarding and "torture" that makes me laugh at statements like that.

;

Our country has tried and sentenced to hard labor people who have waterboarded Americans, batshit crazy boi. And we called it torture.

Link please, you said it, back it up.

It is the vast silliness of trying to conflate waterboarding and "torture" that makes me laugh at statements like that.

;

Our country has tried and sentenced to hard labor people who have waterboarded Americans, batshit crazy boi. And we called it torture.

Link please, you said it, back it up.

Easy peasy.

In the war crimes tribunals that followed Japan's defeat in World War II, the issue of waterboarding was sometimes raised. In 1947, the U.S. charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for waterboarding a U.S. civilian. Asano was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor.

"All of these trials elicited compelling descriptions of water torture from its victims, and resulted in severe punishment for its perpetrators," writes Evan Wallach in the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.

Waterboarding: A Tortured History : NPR

There you go. Official policy of the United States of America. Waterboarding is torture.

It's sad you did not even know this.

The Bush administration was so destructive for our country, yet you can't tell us why. What has Bush done that Obama hasnt done twice as badly?
Why weren't you as incensed at Bush as you are for Obama doing the same thing?...according to you, that is.

I was incensed at Bush when he did the things im annoyed at Obama for. When he spent to much, I objected. When he wanted to pass amnesty, i objected. When he passed Medicare part D, I objected.

Obama has gone above and beyond anything Bush does.
Did u vote for him twice?

Because Bush was the same in BOTH terms, he actually got WORSE in the 2nd.

As RWers are prone to do...he doubled down.

So did u contribute to voting that bastard back in?

Defendant: Asano, Yukio

Docket Date: 53/ May 1 - 28, 1947, Yokohama, Japan

Charge: Violation of the Laws and Customs of War: 1. Did willfully and unlawfully mistreat and torture PWs. 2. Did unlawfully take and convert to his own use Red Cross packages and supplies intended for PWs.

Specifications:beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; water torture; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward

Verdict: 15 years CHL

Reviewing Authority Recommendations:

Reviewing Authority:

Prosecution Arguments:

Defense Arguments:

Judge Advocate's Recommendations:

Yokohama Reviews - Asano

And just in case you think the water TORTURE listed above was something else, I dug up some of the trial testimony a few years ago and can do it again. It was waterboarding.

If you are mad at Obama now, but were not mad at Bush then, I think that is pretty hypocritical.

Obama is dealing with the hand that Bush and the Neo-Cons left him with.

I know you are sensible enough to realize this.

I know you realize that had Obama been in Bush's place at the time, we would not be where we are today.

You know this.

So I'm not certain what inverse you're referring to.

Meanwhile...the left has been quite vocal about their disagreements with Obama, which are many...I don't recall ANY or much protest (from the right) during Bush's regime.

What I recall during that time is the likes of Hannity, O'Reilly, Rush, and the rest of the Cabbage Patch kids telling America to shut up and be quiet and respect the President during a time of war, while they gave and made excuse after excuse for the harm that Bush was doing.

And you know I'm telling the gospel truth.

Last edited:
Give me a few minutes with anyone who denies waterboarding is torture. I will waterboard them and they will be confessing it is torture in no time.

I know you realize that had Obama been in Bush's place at the time, we would not be where we are today.

You know this.

I know Obama's collectivist, redistributive policy hasn't fixed it.

Last edited:
You have not named a single policy or event that supposedly only the Republicans under Bush did. Patriot act was and is Bipartisan. The war was and is Bipartisan. Obama supports all the Bush laws and events. The democrats support and approved repeatedly all the Bush laws and events.

As to 9-11 if a President is responsible for that blame Clinton he created and installed the rules and policies that PREVENTED the differing agencies from collaborating on intel and information. Why? because he was a serial rapist and was afraid he would get caught.

Let's unpack this a little bit and find where you are absolutely correct and where you may be wrong.

Let's start with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It is probably a sure thing that the Democrats would have initiated some kind of military action in Afghanistan after 9/11 it if were up to them.

However, I find it highly doubtful they would have invaded Iraq if it were up to them. Sure, most of them backed Bush, but he initiated that war and led us into it. One thing you can say about Bush vs. Obama is that Bush knew how to lead and get what he wanted.

Speaking of Obama, our current President has acted very Bush-like in his foreign policy and in his prosecution of the war in Afghanistan. He's the only Nobel Peace Prize winner with a kill list. Foreign policy is the only arena where I have virtually no dispute with Obama's actions. No one will ever convince me either Romney or Bush would have done anything different with respect to Iran or the Arab Spring. They would have done exactly the same thing, and Romney all but admitted to it at the last debate.

One key difference between Bush and Obama is that Obama does not waterboard people. It is important to note this because the single biggest excuse Bushies gave for waterboarding is that we never had a terror attack on American soil after 9/11, which meant torturing people kept us all secure.

It's amazing how casually people will agree to totalitarian behavior in the name of security.

Well, we STILL haven't had a domestic attack. So the torture excuse fails.

So there are significant differences between Democrats and Republicans. The biggest being we would have one less war notch on our bedpost.

Don't get me wrong. As someone with firsthand experience, I know it was inevitable we would go to war with Iraq again. I still believe it was the right thing to do. My beef with Bush on Iraq is of an entirely different nature. My beef is that he prosecuted that war like a complete and total stumblefuck, and cost us many lives unnecessarily, and many hundreds of billions of treasure.

Not to mention the loss of Iraqi life and treasure.

Just one more unforgivable thing on the list.

You either have a very short or a very selective memory, we have had domestic terror attacks. Does Ft. Hood, the Arkansas recruiter, the underware bomber and the car bomb in NYC, ring any bells. We were just lucky on the last two that the terriorist couldn't build an effictive bomb. Don't tell me we haven't had attacks, we were saved by incompetence.

You know this.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that. I will explain why.

But first I will stipulate that Obama did inherit one gigantic mess from Bush. I do not deny that we were in a once in a lifetime acute crisis which required government intervention.

As with Bush and his prosecution of the war in Iraq, I have serious problems with the way the rescue was prosecuted, too. A colossal screwup which opened the door to permanent government meddling in the markets on an unprecedented scale.

Anywayyyyyy....

All during the 2008 campaign Obama was writing checks the American people could not possibly cash. And he is doing it again. He actually says with the "savings" from ending the war in Afghanistan he can build more roads, bridges, and schools, and hire more teachers and still have some left over to pay down the debt.

That is mathematically impossible. We are deficit spending. If you stop the war, there is no SAVINGS. You just have a smaller DEFICIT.

Geez, man. Come on!

So I will give Obama a trillion or two as inherited debt. But no more than that.

Last edited:
The reason I cannot, I mean CANNOT respect a single Republican today is because they sat SILENTLY and WILLINGLY by while Bush n Cheney went on a nationwide and worldwide RAMPAGE on the Constitution and the economy.

Now Obama has come and began to actually REPAIR the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of DAMAGE that those madmen in the last Administration did to this country they're claiming to be mad to the point of rabidness for what's occurred.
SHOULD HAVE been incensed about WHILE Bush n Cheney were doing it...they've suddenly woken up.

No...I spit on them. I spit on each. and. every. one. of. them.

I have NO respect for those bastards...none whatsoever.

Obama will win again and he will win HANDILY.

I just HOPE that they finally learn a lesson and change their ways...actually practice what they preach for a while.

Personal Responsibility.

Ok explain to us what Bush did against the Constitution. If you say the patriot act I remind you the democrats renewed it every year they were in sole control of the Congress and the Presidency. If you say Iraq war I remind you Congress ( including the democrats) agreed to allow the US to wage that war.

Go ahead explain to us what the Republicans did that the Democrats under Obama have NOT done.

As to you personally, you are a racist piece of dog shit and I personally do not give one rat fuck what you think.
I'm mad at the WEAK Dems who went along with the Bush Regime and their tomfoolery (puttin' it nicely and mildly).

However, make no mistake about it, it was not the Dems, I repeat NOT the Dems that championed this move and tirade.

Bush went on a spending spree, many of it in guise of "freedom" and "protection."

Eroded many rights.

I was INCENSED about waterboarding...you people either are forgetting or pretending to forget how terrible the Bush years were. Not me, I remember CLEARLY. I will NEVER forget.

The bastards LET 9/11/2001 happen on their watch.

I will bet my life earnings that had that happened under a Dem Presidents the Dems would have been ran out of town on a rail with what the Republicans would have done to them politically.

Bush was, and is, a COLOSSAL FAILURE. He himself and his policies...which are RW policies. Which is what Romney's wanting to go back to...which bastards like yourself are supporting.

So go blow it out your RW A$$!!!!
So much hatred. So little time.

You know this.

I know Obama's collectivist, redistributive policy hasn't fixed it.
So you ADMIT that your contempt is REALLY best placed at Bush's feet for INITIATING the clusterfudge....right?

I wonder if Marc likes the idea of Obama
adding to the debt?

Is that OK because

Marc is deaf
Marc is dumb
Marc is blind
Marc is a hack
Marc doesn't care because Obama is a Democrat.
Marc doesn't care because he doesn't feel like Obama has spent like crazy to the 9nth degree.

or because Obama is black and black people are perfect and can do no wrong.

Give me a few minutes with anyone who denies waterboarding is torture. I will waterboard them and they will be confessing it is torture in no time.

False.

They will be begging you to stop.

It is major league unpleasant.

But that is not the definition of torture.

;

I guarantee you I could get you to confess it to being torture.

And the United States of America defined waterboarding as torture. Period.

I wonder if Marc likes the idea of Obama
adding to the debt?

Is that OK because

Marc is deaf
Marc is dumb
Marc is blind
Marc is a hack
Marc doesn't care because Obama is a Democrat.
Marc doesn't care because he doesn't feel like Obama has spent like crazy to the 9nth degree.

or because Obama is black and black people are perfect and can do no wrong.

Did you vote for Bush twice Rozman?

Did you?

The reason I cannot, I mean CANNOT respect a single Republican today is because they sat SILENTLY and WILLINGLY by while Bush n Cheney went on a nationwide and worldwide RAMPAGE on the Constitution and the economy.

Now Obama has come and began to actually REPAIR the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of DAMAGE that those madmen in the last Administration did to this country they're claiming to be mad to the point of rabidness for what's occurred.
SHOULD HAVE been incensed about WHILE Bush n Cheney were doing it...they've suddenly woken up.

No...I spit on them. I spit on each. and. every. one. of. them.

I have NO respect for those bastards...none whatsoever.

Obama will win again and he will win HANDILY.

I just HOPE that they finally learn a lesson and change their ways...actually practice what they preach for a while.

Personal Responsibility.

I think you may misunderstand the kind of respect that Republicans gravitate toward these days. It's not respect in the sense of respecting an intelligent and honest, hard-working public servant who's decent and trustworthy and those are the very reasons you respect him. They gravitate toward the kind of respect that one has for the bully in the school yard. It's based on the fear or trepidation that one feels at their power and how they'll use it unless you bend to their will.

Forum List

Back