The Reason Why I Don't Have A Single Ounce Of Respect For Any Republican Today

The reason I cannot, I mean CANNOT respect a single Republican today is because they sat SILENTLY and WILLINGLY by while Bush n Cheney went on a nationwide and worldwide RAMPAGE on the Constitution and the economy.

Now Obama has come and began to actually REPAIR the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of DAMAGE that those madmen in the last Administration did to this country they're claiming to be mad to the point of rabidness for what's occurred.
SHOULD HAVE been incensed about WHILE Bush n Cheney were doing it...they've suddenly woken up.

No...I spit on them. I spit on each. and. every. one. of. them.

I have NO respect for those bastards...none whatsoever.

Obama will win again and he will win HANDILY.

I just HOPE that they finally learn a lesson and change their ways...actually practice what they preach for a while.

Personal Responsibility.

In my opinion you never had a choice. You were probably raised to disrespect the republican party and with pop-culture and Hollywood and all you lost your ability to reason.

Yeah Marc but all that Bush and Cheney did pales at Obama not sending in troops and such immediately into Libya in response to the Ambassador and 3 Americans being killed.

I wonder where he would have gotten those troops to be able to have them there in 30 minutes?

Marc, we seriously need entitlement reform. It will be mathematically impossible to ever balance the budget again without it.

Obama has not only completely ignored this fact, his one and only domestic achievement was to add an entirely new entitlement to our budgetary load!

No, he gets no slack from me.

Sorry.

A drop in the bucket...most of the money is being WASTED in defense.

Where's your fight against that?

Actually, our entitlement spending is almost exactly the same amount as our revenues. It is much higher than defense spending. If you don't believe me, read the federal budget.

After we pay for non-discretionary spending (entitlements), there is nothing left over for defense or roads or bridges or teachers. That is why I scoff at the sheer gall it takes for Obama to say he will have savings to spend on these things after the war is ended.

As for cutting defense spending, I am somewhere between the Libertarian position of shrinking our military down to the size of a cub scout troop and whatever amorphous undefined position the Democratic party has.

I think stating an arbitrary percentage Defense spending must be cut is foolhardy. That shit used to annoy the hell out of me when I was active duty. "Cut your training by 10 percent to save money." They did not care if cutting training by 10 percent would affect our readiness.

Is there waste in Defense spending? Oh, hell yeah there is. The stories I could tell you!

But we need to focus less on numbers and more on doing things that make sense.

That is why when I say we need to cut entitlement spending, I don't give a specific amount. Instead I argue that we are living longer and therefore must work longer, and should raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age and index it to either life expectancy or 6 percent of the population, which is where Social Security was when it was created. Right now over 13 percent of the population is over 65, and rising.

Raising the age to 70 would save a lot of money in outlays. How much? I don't know, but it would be a metric shit ton.

Last edited:
The reason I cannot, I mean CANNOT respect a single Republican today is because they sat SILENTLY and WILLINGLY by while Bush n Cheney went on a nationwide and worldwide RAMPAGE on the Constitution and the economy.

Now Obama has come and began to actually REPAIR the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of DAMAGE that those madmen in the last Administration did to this country they're claiming to be mad to the point of rabidness for what's occurred.
SHOULD HAVE been incensed about WHILE Bush n Cheney were doing it...they've suddenly woken up.

I just HOPE that they finally learn a lesson and change their ways...actually practice what they preach for a while.

Personal Responsibility.

In my opinion you never had a choice. You were probably raised to disrespect the republican party and with pop-culture and Hollywood and all you lost your ability to reason.
I was born and raised in the Caribbean.

Totally apart from American culture with a culture of my own.

When I first came here as a 15 yr boarding school student some would have called me an uncle tom, as I had no issues w/anyone...anyone at all. I ate and and broke bread with whites, asians, and other the same way.

After spending many years here I see and understand things much differently, even now recall past slights that I didn't...couldn't recognize as a child due to not being culturally raised here.

So no...that debunks your thought and idea of me bub...try again.

During times of prosperity, the government should be cutting back and storing resources for the lean years.

Instead, the GOP House, Senate, and White House spent like drunken sailors. They doubled the national debt. Doubled it!

When the party boat finally crashed on the rocks, they had no buckets to bail us out of this mess.

And that is unforgivable.

Thank you.

At least we have ONE honest Republican or former Republican as the case me be.

Sheesh!!!

I applaud you sir....:clap2:

So, it seems that you DO have some respect for at least 1 (one) Republican.

I had to smile when I read your original post, because mindless generalizations like that always, inevitably come back and bite one in the rump.

Marc, we seriously need entitlement reform. It will be mathematically impossible to ever balance the budget again without it.

Obama has not only completely ignored this fact, his one and only domestic achievement was to add an entirely new entitlement to our budgetary load!

No, he gets no slack from me.

Sorry.

A drop in the bucket...most of the money is being WASTED in defense.

Where's your fight against that?

Actually, our entitlement spending is almost exactly the same amount as our revenues. It is much higher than defense spending. If you don't believe me, read the federal budget.

After we pay for non-discretionary spending (entitlements), there is nothing left over for defense or roads or bridges or teachers. That is why I scoff at the sheer gall it takes for Obama to say he will have savings to spend on these things after the war is ended.

As for cutting defense spending, I am somewhere between the Libertarian position of shrinking our military down to the size of a cub scout troop and whatever amorphous undefined position the Democratic party has.

I think stating an arbitrary percentage Defense spending must be cut is foolhardy. That shit used to annoy the hell out of me when I was active duty. "Cut your training by 10 percent to save money." They did not care if cutting training by 10 percent would affect our readiness.

Is there waste in Defense spending? Oh, hell yeah there is. The stories I could tell you!

But we need to focus less on numbers and more on doing things that make sense.

That is why when I say we need to cut entitlement spending, I don't give a specific amount. Instead I argue that we are living longer and therefore must work longer, and should raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age and index it to either life expectancy or 6 percent of the population, which is where Social Security was when it was created. Right now over 13 percent of the population is over 65, and rising.

Raising the age to 70 would save a lot of money in outlays. How much? I don't know, but it would be a metric shit ton.

Then we are in agreement. Although I don't believe in gutting what you call "entitlements" I'm all for reform...within reason.

Personal Responsibility.
Speaking as someone who's politics lean right I cannot begin to tell you how little not having your respect means to me I lived 48 years so far without your respect and I will live the rest of my life very happily without it. Get over yourself your not that important.

I'm not a huge fan of President O, but a return to Trickle-down Voodoo Economics scares the fuck out of me.

And THAT is not something I let go of easily.

During times of prosperity, the government should be cutting back and storing resources for the lean years.

Instead, the GOP House, Senate, and White House spent like drunken sailors. They doubled the national debt. Doubled it!

When the party boat finally crashed on the rocks, they had no buckets to bail us out of this mess.

And that is unforgivable.

Thank you.

At least we have ONE honest Republican or former Republican as the case me be.

Sheesh!!!

I applaud you sir....:clap2:

So, it seems that you DO have some respect for at least 1 (one) Republican.

I had to smile when I read your original post, because mindless generalizations like that always, inevitably come back and bite one in the rump.
Good one...but you know what I mean/t.

I also said "Republicans today" aka...the GOP in it's current state.

Which is the GOP that now rejects a born and bred Republican like Colin Powell for not towing the party line.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. Nice try though.

:cool:

Bush doubled our national debt.

Obama is on track to double it again.

If you are mad at Obama now, but were not mad at Bush then, I think that is pretty hypocritical.

Of course the inverse is also true!

Many conservatives were pissed at Bush....

And at the GOP congress that f**ked up a real opportunity to get this country on track and instead got us into a couple of BS wars.

I don't care what the OP says...he's an ass.

And so was Bush.

It is true there was a fiscally conservative minority in Congress who were pissed at the spending. They were regularly stomped down.

There are some members of Congress today who claim to have been stuffed in that locker, but if as many of them were that claim to have been, they would have been in the majority and we wouldn't be having this conversation! :badgrin:

Last edited:
Tell me about communism that you support. 120 million dead human beings that didn't do nothing slaughtered. Just because they wanted to better themselves.

This is why I will never vote democratic.

Dude, that is also a fallacy of the excluded middle. Just because someone isn't a Republican doesn't make them a commie symp, any more than someone who isn't a Democrat is a right wing nazi.

Bush was the worst Republican ever to be president. As evidence I give you the Tea Party, and president Obama. The Republican Party has tamed the Tea Party with their gathering into the fold of Paul Ryan, and gave us the Patriot Act(equal to Obama Care IMO). I used to champion the cause of a three party system, but now I realize that to end all partisanship in congress we need to Eliminate all political parties.

Obama will fail as a two term president because the Republican party would rather see America fail than work with Democrats. If Romney gets elected we can expect the same statements from the Democrats as we seen from Mitch McConnell, planned failure for the US. We are stalemated in congress without a super majority.

Question for the Religious Right, that backs the lip service that the Republican Party, In all of the Super Majorities that the Republicans have had since abortion was made legal, why is abortion still legal?

Question for gun rights enthusiasts, since the beginning of time have democrats taken your guns? They haven't taken mine.

Question for all the military supporters, What flag flies over our capital? There have been many Democrats in office since our nations birth, yet only once was our capital sacked.

FOX news has done more damage to this country than AlQueda could ever hope to accomplish.

Republicans...:talktothehand:

Many conservatives were pissed at Bush....

And at the GOP congress that f**ked up a real opportunity to get this country on track and instead got us into a couple of BS wars.

I don't care what the OP says...he's an ass.

And so was Bush.

I;m with you.. Bush is the reason we have an Obama.. He was and is an ASS!

Yah...a day late and a dollar short.

I bet you voted him in twice, and if you were too young to do so, I bet your parents and grandparents did.

You have no credibility.

I have no credibility because the forum's race pimp said so??? I never voted for Bush.. shows how much you know. I can't stand him.... or any liberal.. You certainly "bet" a lot.. you'd be a poor mutha fuckah had you bet me straight up.. DUMBASS

It is true there was a fiscally conservative minority in Congress who were pissed at the spending. They were regularly stomped down.

There are some members of Congress today who claim to have been stuffed in that locker, but if as many of them were that claim to have been, they would have been in the majority and we wouldn't be having this conversation! :badgrin:
Damn skippy!!

Mitch McConnell has gone on record as stating that they're more prone to agree with fellow Republicans just because.

That's the exact reason why we're where we are today.

I've noticed that radical left wingers pretty much don't have much respect for Christianity, the US Constitution, moral values and the United States of America.

Forum List

Back