The Real Truth From Ted Nugent

First of all: Thanks to our wonderful electronic world, a background check can be done in minutes. If you were being stalked by a serial killer, would you want to wait a month to purchase a handgun? If you just moved into a new house and the people there before were drug dealers and bad people were breaking into your house regularly and etc. etc. etc.
As for the armor piercing bullets, I can not think of one reason they would be necessary to have other than the fact that some crack heads doing robberies are wearing body armor now. Personally, I like knowing that if someone broke into my house and did my wife or family harm and I was in chase of them and they had already got to their car and were driving off, I could penetrate the car door to stop them. Of course, I wield a bad ass .308 so it doesn't really matter armor piercing or not.

So you feel that the law should not handle those situations, we must arm ourselves and settle it ourselves?

Really now, that is just plain foolish. If I buy a house and there are break-ins because of drug dealers, believe me the cops would be involved as well as a few booby-traps.

If a stalker is following me, I do not need a gun. I am 39 and have never needed a gun. I have lived in some pretty bad ghettos and trailer parks and never needed a gun.

The need for a gun, aside from hunting, is a myth and the use of a gun outside of a shooting range, other than hunting is illegal.

There was no JEBUS mention in my "Lecture". I and the comment refered to God. God can refer to any religion. Man, who pissed in your corn flakes!

Who? The guy who ruined the Pledge by injecting dogma into our common national daily observation.

But, I can see where I came off as harsher than I meant. My apologies.

Have a great weekend.

sheesh.. the "creator" line works with life, liberty and happiness but it's no panacea fellas. the "creator" didn't write the Constitution; men did. The Constitution is the roadmap here... not the bible.

The constitution was created with the understanding that the CREATOR provided us with certain rights, and we as men were obligated to defend them.

Can't get away from it. The Constitution is a direct derivative of the Bible.

Who? The guy who ruined the Pledge by injecting dogma into our common national daily observation.

But, I can see where I came off as harsher than I meant. My apologies.

Have a great weekend.

No Prob. You too.

So you feel that the law should not handle those situations, we must arm ourselves and settle it ourselves?

Really now, that is just plain foolish. If I buy a house and there are break-ins because of drug dealers, believe me the cops would be involved as well as a few booby-traps.

If a stalker is following me, I do not need a gun. I am 39 and have never needed a gun. I have lived in some pretty bad ghettos and trailer parks and never needed a gun.

The need for a gun, aside from hunting, is a myth and the use of a gun outside of a shooting range, other than hunting is illegal.

The use of a gun outsdide of hunting and a shooting range is not illegal. Just a couple of weeks ago a man in texas cought a man stealing from him and shot him dead. A week later someone else tried to steal from his business and he shot him dead. I think everyone that is bent on stealing something steers clear from his business. In texas, we have a right to protect our property and our lives. We even can drive with a concealed weapon in the vehicle fully loaded. I would rather have a gun and never need it than need a gun and not have it.
I am not saying take the law into your own hands. Sure, call 911 if you catch someone breaking into your house, but in the 15 minutes it takes the police to show up, protect yourself and take out the trash.
I really don't care if you have a gun or not. I really don't care if you protect yourself, your family and your property or not. Be another stastistic on the 11:00 news for all I care. Why should I care about someone that doesn't care enough about themselves to protect themselves.:rolleyes:

The use of a gun outsdide of hunting and a shooting range is not illegal. Just a couple of weeks ago a man in texas cought a man stealing from him and shot him dead. A week later someone else tried to steal from his business and he shot him dead. I think everyone that is bent on stealing something steers clear from his business. In texas, we have a right to protect our property and our lives. We even can drive with a concealed weapon in the vehicle fully loaded. I would rather have a gun and never need it than need a gun and not have it.
I am not saying take the law into your own hands. Sure, call 911 if you catch someone breaking into your house, but in the 15 minutes it takes the police to show up, protect yourself and take out the trash.
I really don't care if you have a gun or not. I really don't care if you protect yourself, your family and your property or not. Be another stastistic on the 11:00 news for all I care. Why should I care about someone that doesn't care enough about themselves to protect themselves.:rolleyes:

Because I am proving your theory wrong. I do not need a gun and neither do you. You want a gun. It may be legal to shoot people in Texas, that does not make it right. And you missed the point entirely on that one jack.

Bush came from Texas and based his war philosophy on the same concept as yours...better to kill someone and be wrong than to let them live and be right. Pre-emptive strikes are acts of aggression - pure and simple. And we were wrong about Iraq.

And you are wrong about guns.

Because I am proving your theory wrong. I do not need a gun and neither do you. You want a gun. It may be legal to shoot people in Texas, that does not make it right. And you missed the point entirely on that one jack.

Bush came from Texas and based his war philosophy on the same concept as yours...better to kill someone and be wrong than to let them live and be right. Pre-emptive strikes are acts of aggression - pure and simple. And we were wrong about Iraq.

And you are wrong about guns.

Oh mighty Taomon, teach us how to be right and holy. Teach us to honor and respect only your opinion and that your opinion is the only one that matters. My soul is in such disarey, please save me all mighty Taomon. Oh heavenly Taomon, save us all. Redeem us!!
Now, get up and go into your bathroom. Face the mirror and drop your pants. Now look down...THAT is the reason you do not own a gun...You don't have the balls to own one. I am really sorry you were raised by your mother or sister or grandmother and had no Male figure in your growing up. You are a prime example of exactly why there are not any people like you in any of our military. So please, put your tootoo on and preach to us all mighty Taomon!!!:eusa_pray: :cuckoo: L O L. I'm laughing so hard I cant see my monitor...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just thought I would change my avatar just for you Taomon. Now this is a real mans weapon. Can't get this in California or MA, or a number of other states...Oh yeah...I love Texas...Just incase anyone wants to know just what the hell it is...It is an AP4--LR .308 put out by good old DPMS Panther Arms. retractable butt stock. Picitiny rail system. Flip up rear sight similar to the russian flip up sight with windage adgustment. I got the scope just high enough that I can use the scope or the fixed sights. 16 inch barrel, spring loaded retractable bipod and retractable fore grip and 20 round magazine. Only has about a 6 ft. drop at 600 yards.:) guaranteed to put a smile on any gun lover.

Just thought I would change my avatar just for you Taomon. Now this is a real mans weapon. Can't get this in California or MA, or a number of other states...Oh yeah...I love Texas...Just incase anyone wants to know just what the hell it is...It is an AP4--LR .308 put out by good old DPMS Panther Arms. retractable butt stock. Picitiny rail system. Flip up rear sight similar to the russian flip up sight with windage adgustment. I got the scope just high enough that I can use the scope or the fixed sights. spring loaded retractable bipod and retractable fore grip and 20 round magazine. Only has about a 6 ft. drop at 600 yards.

C-mon Gunny and M-14 and Shogun and Retired, Lets see your hardware.

The constitution was created with the understanding that the CREATOR provided us with certain rights, and we as men were obligated to defend them.

Can't get away from it. The Constitution is a direct derivative of the Bible.

No, it's really not. If anything, it's better compared to the laws of Hammurabi...

A carving at the top of the stele portrays Hammurabi receiving the laws from the god Shamash, and the preface states that Hammurabi was chosen by the gods of his people to bring the laws to them. Parallels to this divine inspiration for laws can be seen in the laws given to Moses for the ancient Hebrews. Similar codes of law were created in several nearby civilizations, including the earlier neo-Sumerian example of Ur-Nammu's code, and the later Hittite code of laws.[

Because of Hammurabi's reputation as a lawgiver, his depiction can be found in several U.S. government buildings. Hammurabi is one of the 23 lawgivers depicted in marble bas-reliefs in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives in the United States Capitol.[20] An image of Hammurabi receiving the Code of Hammurabi from the Babylonian sun god (probably Shamash) is depicted on the frieze on the south wall of the U.S. Supreme Court building.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammurabi

Every dogma has a similar tale. That doesn't belay the FACT that it's MAN who makes it happen rather than the ghost in the sky du jour.

Not suprising, Shogun, since a lot of the Bible is a direct derivative of Sumerian myth and legend. Parts of the Bible read almost exactly like the Enuma-elish, the Sumerian creation myth. It's pretty clear that the old Testament creation story was Sumerian in origin.

But as for the Constitution - not it's nothing at all like a derivative of the Bible. Most of what is in the Constitution has absolutely no correlation in the Bible.

Aside from the fact that background checks are an infringement...
A right delayed is a right denied.

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer goes to buy a gun and finds out about the waiting period:

Gun Shop Owner: "Sorry, the law requires a five-day waiting period. We've
got to run a background check."

Homer: "Five days? But I'm mad NOW!"

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer goes to buy a gun and finds out about the waiting period:

Gun Shop Owner: "Sorry, the law requires a five-day waiting period. We've
got to run a background check."

Homer: "Five days? But I'm mad NOW!"

It reminds -me- of the numerous stories I've read/heard about real people who had to wait 3-5 days for a gun that they wanted to use to protect themselves from someone, only to be assaulted/raped/killed by that someone during the waiting period.

It reminds -me- of the numerous stories I've read/heard about real people who had to wait 3-5 days for a gun that they wanted to use to protect themselves from someone, only to be assaulted/raped/killed by that someone during the waiting period.

I haven't heard numerous stories along those lines. Since they're so numerous maybe you could link a few news reports...

Which, of course, means they dont exist.

...because, of course, if there isn't a link to it, it isn't real.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about, but rather just threw your comment out there. Anyone can make any statement they want; some of us can back our statements up, others cannot.

Luckily, I'm better at this than you are. Here's your link:

http://www.comeandtakeit.com/2aguns.html

It's not a news site, but the benefit of the cite is that the instances of people killed during the waiting period are cited to the Congressional Record or other sources.

Five instances aren't exactly "numerous," but maybe you can provide others, since you know or have read of so many numerous cases.

Do you think evidence of an instance of something like this is a very good argument? You're using the same rationale the anti-gun lobby uses. They can cite as many "instances" of, say, an accidental death of a child by a gun as you can of people killed during a gun waiting period. It clouds the issue and doesn't tell anyone anything other than that both sides are good at finding anecdotal evidence to back them up.

Showing a handful of cases where people die during the waiting period doesn't tell anyone anything useful unless you can contrast it to the number of people who shouldn't have had guns and who were stopped from getting them by the waiting period. Then at least you can compare two things and make an assessment. You're "numerous instances" in a vacuum mean nothing.

Forum List

Back