The Real Story Behind Sarah Palin's Deceitful Response to Hillary Clinton's Emails

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Now that Hillary Clinton's initial press conference on her email troubles is a week behind us -- and, trust me, this matter is going to malinger through several more weeks and months of news cycles -- it's time to take a closer look at Sarah Palin's deceitful and self-serving response to the Clinton email controversy.

Let me make one thing clear up front: I offer no excuses and provide no quarter for the manner in which Clinton handled her email communications during her tenure as Secretary of State. I found her explanation, such as it was, hardly sufficient for someone serving in her diplomatic capacity and with an eye on the presidency.

But the way in which former Alaska governor Sarah Palin forced her presence into the national conversation around this issue (Google News listed more than 5,000 articles on the subject) underscores the utter fraud of Palin's continued role in varied national political debates -- and the troubling way in which the mainstream media continue to sustain her seemingly never-ending con job of selling political snake oil to the American people.

In widely reported Twitter and Facebook postings, Palin's bread-and-butter method for advancing the complex nuances of American democracy, Palin characterized the Clinton "email scandal" as "shady and corrupt." She followed those up with an oft-cited "opinion piece" on the Fox News website, in which Palin did what she does best -- she went into martyr mode and played the pity card. And, of course, she lied.

"I know something about how annoying FOIA requests can be for public officials," she wrote. "After I returned home from the 2008 vice presidential campaign, the state of Alaska was flooded with innumerable FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] requests to see literally every single email I ever wrote while governor."

She went on:

The only emails redacted were the very few that were protected by attorney/client privilege -- a determination agreed upon by my lawyers and the Attorney General's office who reviewed them... Because nothing was kept secret in any way. Everything was done in the most transparent way possible.
What a crock. An absolute crock. But not once in reporting on the Clinton-Palin dustup did the national media challenge Palin on these utterly duplicitous renditions of what happened during her tenure in Alaska. (Kendall Breitman's shamefully uncritical piece in Politico provides an excellent case in point). In fact, the process of obtaining access to Palin's emails lasted nearly a half-decade, and Palin's personal lawyers and her hand-picked attorney general did everything in their power to keep those emails from ever seeing the light of day. In the end, many Palin emails and passages from emails were redacted or withheld for reasons that had nothing to do with "attorney-client privilege" (she claimed "executive privilege," "deliberative process," "personal privilege," and "privacy," on almost all of them). Others were destroyed. It's all simply another Palin lie.

Much More: Shady and Corrupt: The Real Story Behind Sarah Palin's Deceitful Response to Hillary Clinton s Emails - Geoffrey Dunn

Sarah is just being Sarah - a deceitful con artist and self-serving carnival act. Her fans eat it up.

Poor $illy$arah

She's a female version of the Huckster and Guilani - desperately trying to find a way to continuing to fleece the RW sheep.

They've shot their collective wads on Faux NOT News and none of them can get a reality show gig anymore so they're relegated to the Black Hole of Occasional Sound Bites and pretending to run for office.

Poor little liberals! Their own party has not even one viable candidate for 2016 and they can't even agree on whether to just hate strong women, republicans or limit themselves to the combo.

But hate they must and it DOES save America's children from a lot of what would otherwise unspent anger.

Poor $illy$arah

She's a female version of the Huckster and Guilani - desperately trying to find a way to continuing to fleece the RW sheep.

They've shot their collective wads on Faux NOT News and none of them can get a reality show gig anymore so they're relegated to the Black Hole of Occasional Sound Bites and pretending to run for office.

Sounds like the female version of Hillary.

Palin should have just made some sort of Governor Order that made her office immune from Freedom of Information requests.

An American Ambassador was murdered along with former Seal operatives in Benghazi and the radical left is worried about Sara Palin's opinion of the former secretary of state's E-mail? You gotta be kidding.

Well, it took longer then usual for the left to find someone to attack over Hillary's violation of the law. NOTHING Palin did or said changes what Hillary did in the least. The only reason that every word that Palin utters is scrutinized by the left is jealousy.

Forum List

Back