The real reason US Republicans really, really hate this Pope.

Three Supreme Court Justices didn't even want to know what this Pope had to say.

The Pope talked about helping the poor, why greed is evil, feeding the poor, helping sick people and so on. And he talked about climate change.

It was as if he took a list of everything the GOP is proud of and stands for and then stood up for the opposite. He even talked about immigrants.
It's been pretty amusing watching the hardcore partisan ideologues from both sides react to this guy.

The hardcore right wing partisan ideologues have been stumbling all over themselves trying to deal with this Pope's anti-GOP positions.

The hardcore left wing partisan ideologues like you have been so aggressive in suddenly quoting the biggest figure in Christianity, a religion they attack so regularly.

And the funniest part of all has been the reinforcement of how similar the two ridiculous ends of our political spectrum are. And you guys don't even see it.
We've been pointing out how Republican policies are anti Christianity.

Excuse us for pointing it out when the leader of your church flat out admits we are right on international TV.

I don't have to believe in God to know they are hypocrites.

Three Supreme Court Justices didn't even want to know what this Pope had to say.

The Pope talked about helping the poor, why greed is evil, feeding the poor, helping sick people and so on. And he talked about climate change.

It was as if he took a list of everything the GOP is proud of and stands for and then stood up for the opposite. He even talked about immigrants.
It's been pretty amusing watching the hardcore partisan ideologues from both sides react to this guy.

The hardcore right wing partisan ideologues have been stumbling all over themselves trying to deal with this Pope's anti-GOP positions.

The hardcore left wing partisan ideologues like you have been so aggressive in suddenly quoting the biggest figure in Christianity, a religion they attack so regularly.

And the funniest part of all has been the reinforcement of how similar the two ridiculous ends of our political spectrum are. And you guys don't even see it.

Excuse us for pointing it out when the leader of your church flat out admits we are right on international TV.

My church?

Huh?

My church?

Huh?

I love the division among Christians. Is your church bigger?

My church?

Huh?

I'm a comfy agnostic.

Do you have me confused with someone else?

My church?

Huh?

I'm a comfy agnostic.

Oh good! I'll take your opinions more seriously then.

My church?

Huh?

I'm a comfy agnostic.

So you are undecided or independent politically and religiously. On the fence on everything?

My church?

Huh?

I'm a comfy agnostic.

So you are undecided or independent politically and religiously. On the fence on everything?
Thinking for myself on each issue doesn't put me "on the fence" on anything.

It just means I think for myself on each issue without obediently following some partisan ideology.

Try it.

My church?

Huh?

I'm a comfy agnostic.

Oh good! I'll take your opinions more seriously then.

That's pretty bigoted.

op quote: "The Pope talked about helping the poor"

How many times do I have to say this:
Sometimes what seems good is not what's best. ...
In trying to help the poor the people thinking they are helping have caused them dependancy and opposite our created purpose to be all we could and should be, thus keeping us from being whole (Shalem). They are anti existance while thinking they are pro existance.
By being socially just they are taking away the drive and Essence that developes and fuels motivation and self worth and that takes away from the abundance that allows jobs, greater incoming taxes=spuring grwater ability to assist, growth, investment returns, food, commodities, supplies & convenience. You end up poorer for your social awareness creating more volumes and depths of poor and starvation.

Hence doing good is not always what's best.

---
So, just ignore the cycle of poverty patterns?
That's easy ... if you really don't care.
View attachment 50923

That's not what I said...but this proves my point.
Let me make it easier.
The old addage give a man a fish he eats a single meal, *but is dependant* and hungry again the next day and thereafter.
Teach a man to fish and he's self sufficient and feed for a lifetime.
Give a homeless man a dollar and he'll buy booze, give him your left over food he'll have 1 meal, give him a blanket & he'll have just a little comfort throughout the winter. Start or donate to a program that job trains or gives answering phone services so they can get work or a capitalist society that creates jobs thus feeds protects that person for life.
Creates more tax revenue so they can afford programs that teach them to fish instead of feeding them to dependancy. Hell they tell you not to feed animals in the wild for a reason, so you can't play dumb and ignore the same premise not to make people dependant.
Programs like volunteer job training fixing homes of poor elderly help both the poor homeowners while youth get their first work training and resume starting job=prevent homeless or hopeless or poverty.
Once again just because something "seems" right doesn't mean it's what is best and some people just can't see past their Blinders to notice their acts cause the opposite their good intentions.

---
"Programs like volunteer job training fixing homes of poor elderly help both the poor homeowners while youth get their first work training and resume starting job=preventhomeless or hopeless or poverty."

That's going in the productive direction, but much more empathy & social support (vs individual hand outs) are necessary to shift that big poverty ship toward a positive direction.

EDUCATION & MOTIVATION for education & SKILLS training is key.
It is difficult to break out of the poverty cycle when your parents are poor, uneducated, and you live in a run-down crime infested neighborhood where gangs roam and few opportunities for healthy nutritional & mental/emotional growth exist.
There are some nice exceptions (many sports related), but I believe the more fortunate members of society should assist the much less fortunate folks in a way that has long lasting effects (not hand-outs beyond emergency relief).

Yea, I don't see it. Because it's not true. Sheesh!
See?
gop wants gays dead - Google Search

Don't see the similarity.

Yea, I don't see it. Because it's not true. Sheesh!
See?
gop wants gays dead - Google Search

Don't see the similarity.
Oh, well let me help.

Partisan ideologues from both ends of the spectrum deploy hyperbole, distortion, denial, deflection, obtuseness and outright lies almost as naturally as they breathe.

Very, very similar in those behaviors.

I hope that helps.

Jesus would of helped the poor, sick and would of railed against greed.
Which is why the GOP Jesus wears a Brooks Bros. Suit and slicks his hair down until it's shiny.

Which is why the GOP Jesus wears a Brooks Bros. Suit and slicks his hair down until it's shiny.

There is only one Jesus Christ. Why don't you come learn from Him?

He healed the sick, helped the poor and railed against the greedy. That is my jesus!
what has he done lately.

Only because I'm curious from time to time. This is an attack, isn't it?

He healed the sick, helped the poor and railed against the greedy. That is my jesus!

And that is the Jesus of the bible. Most people lawyer the bible to such a degree that they cannot be called Christians. As you note it is simple, Jesus helped the poor, defended the weak, and shunned the powerful and wealthy.

The exact opposite of what conservatives do in America. They spit on the poor and worship the wealthy. They are anti-Christ.

And that is the Jesus of the bible. Most people lawyer the bible to such a degree that they cannot be called Christians. As you note it is simple, Jesus helped the poor, defended the weak, and shunned the powerful and wealthy.

The exact opposite of what conservatives do in America. They spit on the poor and worship the wealthy. They are anti-Christ.

Where did Jesus shun the wealthy? He invited all men to come unto Him.

And who is weaker and more powerless than those you advocate killing before they are born?

So what? The Catholic church doesn't rule the world. Jehovah's Witnesses do.

Forum List

Back