The real reason that Georgetown Law fired adjunct professor Sandra Sellers is because she told the truth about affirmative action

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
From my blog:

The real reason that Georgetown Law fired adjunct professor Sandra Sellers is because she told the truth about affirmative action

By Daniel Alman (aka Dan from Squirrel Hill)

March 11, 2021

The New York Post just wrote:

Georgetown Law professor caught complaining about black students on Zoom: video

A white Georgetown Law professor was fired Thursday after getting caught on video belittling black students during a Zoom call with a colleague, saying they “usually” perform “just plain at the bottom” of her classes.

Georgetown Law Dean Bill Treanor said he was “appalled” by the conversation between now-terminated adjunct professor Sandra Sellers and another faculty member, David Batson, who was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

Here’s the video of the relevant part of their conversation:

In the video, Sellers says:

“I hate to say this – I end up having this angst, every semester, that a lot of my lower ones are blacks. Happens almost every semester.”

Sellers was fired for that.

She wasn’t fired for lying.

She was fired for telling the truth about affirmative action.

In 2017, the New York Times wrote:

A 2009 Princeton study showed Asian-Americans had to score 140 points higher on their SATs than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics and 450 points higher than blacks to have the same chance of admission to leading universities.

Sellers’s statement in the video – the statement for which she was fired – is really no different than that quote from the New York Times.

In 2012, the Atlantic wrote this article, which is called, “The Painful Truth About Affirmative Action.” It explains how affirmative action causes many black students to be “mismatched” to colleges that are above their ability.

According to the article, black students who get admitted to college based on merit tend to end up graduating, whereas black students who get admitted to college based on affirmative action tend to end up dropping out. The solution is to get rid of affirmative action, so that each and every black student will be properly matched to a college that matches their own unique ability.

Graduating from a college that the student got admitted to based on merit, is far, far better than dropping out of a college that the student got admitted to based on affirmative action.

Another point that the Atlantic article repeatedly makes is that black students who get admitted based on merit tend to be far happier than black students who get admitted based on affirmative action.

I strongly recommend reading the entire Atlantic article, which is available here.

Sellers’s statement in the video – the statement for which she was fired – is really no different than that article from the Atlantic.

Sellers wasn’t fired for lying.

She said NOTHING about Affirmative Action, just made an observation - undoubtedly truthful - about her students.

While "adjunct professor" is often nothing more than someone who teaches one evening course per week, it is still appalling that her truthful remarks got her canned.

George Orwell was an optimist.

She said NOTHING about Affirmative Action, just made an observation - undoubtedly truthful - about her students.

While "adjunct professor" is often nothing more than someone who teaches one evening course per week, it is still appalling that her truthful remarks got her canned.

You dont get the point about affirmative action(quotas). Just because a black person is allowed to get the position, doesnt mean that they are qualified, because with quotas it is all about skin color, not aptitude. So the teacher was pointing out that because the black kid was there, probably shouldnt of been because of their previous learning.

I had reverse discrimination suite against my employer, who wanted to write me up for 1 mistake, and when i told him i would seek legal counsel because of the black guy who fucked up all the time, but never got reprimanded for it. The employer backed off...

You dont get the point about affirmative action(quotas). Just because a black person is allowed to get the position, doesnt mean that they are qualified, because with quotas it is all about skin color, not aptitude. So the teacher was pointing out that because the black kid was there, probably shouldnt of been because of their previous learning.

I had reverse discrimination suite against my employer, who wanted to write me up for 1 mistake, and when i told him i would seek legal counsel because of the black guy who fucked up all the time, but never got reprimanded for it. The employer backed off...
And the teacher was publicly saying she disagreed with her employer's policy. And out the door she went.

From my blog:

March 11, 2021

A white Georgetown Law professor was fired Thursday after getting caught on video belittling black students during a Zoom call with a colleague, saying they “usually” perform “just plain at the bottom” of her classes.

Georgetown Law Dean Bill Treanor said he was “appalled” by the conversation between now-terminated adjunct professor Sandra Sellers and another faculty member, David Batson, who was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

“I hate to say this – I end up having this angst, every semester, that a lot of my lower ones are blacks. Happens almost every semester.”

A 2009 Princeton study showed Asian-Americans had to score 140 points higher on their SATs than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics and 450 points higher than blacks to have the same chance of admission to leading universities.

Sellers’s statement in the video – the statement for which she was fired – is really no different than that quote from the New York Times.

In 2012, the Atlantic wrote this article, which is called, “The Painful Truth About Affirmative Action.” It explains how affirmative action causes many black students to be “mismatched” to colleges that are above their ability.

According to the article, black students who get admitted to college based on merit tend to end up graduating, whereas black students who get admitted to college based on affirmative action tend to end up dropping out. The solution is to get rid of affirmative action, so that each and every black student will be properly matched to a college that matches their own unique ability.

Graduating from a college that the student got admitted to based on merit, is far, far better than dropping out of a college that the student got admitted to based on affirmative action.

Another point that the Atlantic article repeatedly makes is that black students who get admitted based on merit tend to be far happier than black students who get admitted based on affirmative action.

I strongly recommend reading the entire Atlantic article, which is available here.

Sellers’s statement in the video – the statement for which she was fired – is really no different than that article from the Atlantic.

It is incredible that two professors could be so arrogant to think that they could speak frankly in public about such a controversial topic.

This is 2021. Reputedly 80,000,000 Americans voted for the Dems' vision for America, despite the horrific violence of last Spring and Summer.

Everyone has his/her opinion about affirmative action students, but everyone has the good sense to keep his/her mouth SHUT, or suffer the consequences.

Some folks are simply off limits when it comes to any kind of criticism.

Those two professors need to wake up & smell the coffee.

From my blog:

March 11, 2021

She should have recommended a dissertation for some aspiring doctoral students. There must be an economics based reason for that under any form of Capitalism.

Forum List

Back