The real reason State Farm won’t sell home insurance in California anymore

Sure they will; just like California will solve its wildfire and its own water problem. The ecology will collapse, and people will flee somewhere else - problem solved.

That is probably the last thing Arizona needs.
Cali like East Berlin did.

State Farm has been accused of fraud so many times for denying claims it's sickening. A problem with them paying claims is the fraudulent contractors they recommend you use. They are all bloodsuckers. Since the Northridge earthquake that company went to hell. AFAIK, I think State Farm quit issuing policies in most of the Gulf States and the States they do issue are way overpriced.

I live 20 miles from the Gulf Coast and I have state farm homeowners and car insurance. Not only do they write in this area, they are the cheapest.

IDK. I use Jake for our car insurance but haven't seen a need to move the homeowners over. I have heard they are hard to work with on property claims, but I have never had to file anything on my homeowners before with anybody. I cut all the trees back to keep them from being in falling distance of the house unless they had a clear lean the other way. Beyond that, I just fix crap out of my own pocket instead of filing a bunch of small claims that will get you rated.
Jake doesn’t work there anymore because he believes real men aren’t attractive to other real men. He’s been replaced by Jalen from State Farm.

To be accurate, it's not just climate change-related fire dangers that are the danger; it's also the fact that there's a lot of high-priced property that an insurance company doing business in California is being asked to protect. One fire is a shit-load of damage. Double if it's two, and thrice if it's three, and so on. California real estate is becoming increasingly uninsurable and that is going to have devastating economic impacts.

But for those cheering this one, Florida is probably not too far behind. Cheer with caution.

And it happened, just as I said it would. Farmers pulls out of Florida. I wonder what that communist government in Florida did to make them leave, lol

government created a problem with a solution ready and waiting,,,

Then explain why Farmers just pulled out of Florida. What did Florida's government do to make Florida leave -- did it sue them like Disney for being too woke, or having too many agents selling rainbow insurance policies?

That's now 15 insurance companies who've stopped writing property policies in the past year

And it happened, just as I said it would. Farmers pulls out of Florida. I wonder what that communist government in Florida did to make them leave, lol

the link says they aren’t writing new policies currently due to the high price of reconstruction cost…thank xidenflation for that

farmers didnt leave florida,,

Right but they're not going to write property insurance there anymore. You guys were high-fiving each other a few weeks ago because two insurers announced they were done writing property insurance there. You all claimed it was because of wokeness, communism, gayness, illegals, liberals...and now the same thing is happening in Florida a few weeks later. As it has been happening the last few years, and as it will continue to.

See, here's the thing. Modern industrial capitalism as we know it is about to collapse. It's about to fail. Because economics isn't science, and there's nothing scientific to defend capitalism or any other economic system. It's just a regime by which we make and redistribute wealth. Real science is telling us that our atmosphere is changing and that our biosphere is about to get annihilated. And there won't be any kind of economic or political system that will function then. Insurers abandoning the property business are canaries in the coal mine.

the link says they aren’t writing new policies currently due to the high price of reconstruction cost

Explain how that works then? Why are tehy worried about the high price of reconstruction?

…thank xidenflation for that

If it were just a matter of Biden-flation, they wouldn't leave. They would raise premiums and wait out his term.

Forum List

Back