The real issue in the abortion debate

When GWB was president and the Republicans controlled the House and the Senate, why was abortion a non issue?

It wasnt
Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have kid hating commies as judges like:
Federal Judge: Bush Abortion Ban Unconstitutional

The act poses an undue burden on a woman's right to choose an abortion,"
I like that statement, that's what liberals say with ANY restriction on abortion. They used to say safe, legal, and rare. They dont say that anymore becuase they know they're full of shit.

Legal is about the only part of that they're for.

Rare- never inteded it to be rare, they fight EVERY restriction no matter how sensible.

Safe-just look at the Michigan debate, God forbid we REGULATE abortion clinics (interesting how safety and regulation go fo EVERYTHING but abortion, hmmmmmmmmm)

I love owning you

Do the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the woman?

The life of the human trumps the inconvenience of looking for a new apartment, yes.

That's not what I asked.

I asked, do the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the woman?

A simple yes/no answer would be sufficient.

Thanks.

It's a false premise leading to a false dilemna, and no matter how many times you repeat it, that will not change. You sabatoged your own rant.

In case you didn't know it there are laws that prohibit children from consuming alcohol during puberty and there are a number of laws that restrict alcohol consumption in adults. Anybody who supports the prevailing legal concept that a baby is not human and has no rights as long as it's head is still in the birth canal and it can be stabbed to death and it's brain sucked out with a Frankenstein apparatus is a heartless ignorant SOB.

So a fetus is a higher status of citizenship than being a pregnant woman?

no we're all equal. I highlighted the key words for ya.
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Pro-abortionists do not believe this is a human:

vyqvxw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The life of the human trumps the inconvenience of looking for a new apartment, yes.

That's not what I asked.

Thanks.

It's a false premise leading to a false dilemna, and no matter how many times you repeat it, that will not change. You sabatoged your own rant.

Its a simple legal question. Do the rights of a fetus trump the rights of the mother or not? That's an important question insofar as the law is concerned.

In case you didn't know it there are laws that prohibit children from consuming alcohol during puberty and there are a number of laws that restrict alcohol consumption in adults. Anybody who supports the prevailing legal concept that a baby is not human and has no rights as long as it's head is still in the birth canal and it can be stabbed to death and it's brain sucked out with a Frankenstein apparatus is a heartless ignorant SOB.

And what's to stop an anti-choice government from prohibiting all fertile sexually active women from drinking at all?

That's not what I asked.

Thanks.

Its a simple legal question. Do the rights of a fetus trump the rights of the mother or not? That's an important question insofar as the law is concerned.

What rights, if the mother will die, I'll allow abortion, other than that the right to life trumps the right to party.

How can you murder something that hasn't been born?

Is a 24 week old fetus not a human? The courts and the vast majority of Americans disagree.

If it can survive on its own than I would consider it human.

Cue anti-choice arguments regarding disabled infants.

The real question comes down to whether or not the fetus has more rights than the mother. The fetus is joined to the mother through a common organ which they both share, the placenta, and together fetus and mother form one biological unit.

See? He can't look at it. He wants you to look away, too.

When GWB was president and the Republicans controlled the House and the Senate, why was abortion a non issue?

Where did you get that idea? Do you not recall Bush's opposition to stem cell research and cloning and his defense of the unborn?

Stem cell research is not abortion. Cloning is not abortion. GWB was simply pandering to the social conservatives. His defense of the unborn kinda stopped when he invaded and occupied Iraq (unless you believe that action did not precipitate the deaths of pregnant women by devine intervention).

What rights, if the mother will die, I'll allow abortion, other than that the right to life trumps the right to party.

What rights? You don't think women have rights at all?

If it can survive on its own than I would consider it human.

So those things on life support in hospitals are not human. Those things walking around with pacemakers, not human. All those things which depend on machines to live, not human.

Forum List

Back