The quote feature

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
would be a lot better if the most recent comment was readable in the thread and previous quotes/comments were truncated & only viewable by expanding the quote box

That would make conversations easier to follow

Is that even possible? To basically turn the quotes "upside down"????

By posting above a post you are quoting it is. Pogo hates me for doing this but my tablet does not like to have to scroll through unending posts, thus easier for me. :2up:

Would be great if the software could be set up that way.
would be a lot better if the most recent comment was readable in the thread and previous quotes/comments were truncated & only viewable by expanding the quote box

I usually delete all but the last quoted post, then reply. If someone wants to read more the other posts are in the thread. This also keeps other posters from getting alerts to their quoted posts I am not really replying to.

That is a fantastic idea and it works

Would be cool if the admins could auto set replies with quotes to do that, like you said

It would make discussions a lot easier to follow

By posting above a post you are quoting it is. Pogo hates me for doing this but my tablet does not like to have to scroll through unending posts, thus easier for me. :2up:

Would be great if the software could be set up that way.

I usually delete all but the last quoted post, then reply. If someone wants to read more the other posts are in the thread. This also keeps other posters from getting alerts to their quoted posts I am not really replying to.

That's the best way to do it, remove the clutter and only leave what one is responding to. Also deleting all the photoshop and YouTube crap, too, even if you still leave the other stuff.

Forum List

Back