The Punisher netflix show...another hit job on U.S. military veterans...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
If you watch the show notice how they treat American Veterans. They are criminals, crazies, victims.......The Punisher, Frank Castle, participated in a covert, illegal, CIA operation, he thought it was legal......and murdered a police officer.....his good friend and fellow soldier, criminal, another soldier is an NRA supporting terrorist bomber.....and another friend of Franks, another special forces soldier, gets beaten with his own prosthetic leg.....

Yeah...Hollywood wouldn't know how to respect vets if their lives depended on it...

I just finished watching the series. It was a rather boring angle they took, but I didn’t feel like they were shitting on veterans. It felt more like they were shitting on those who use the military and vets for personal gain. The show is very pro Second Amendment and doesn’t apologize for killing thugs. I thought it was hilarious the way they made the gun grabbing Senator look like a buffoon.

I just finished watching the series. It was a rather boring angle they took, but I didn’t feel like they were shitting on veterans. It felt more like they were shitting on those who use the military and vets for personal gain. The show is very pro Second Amendment and doesn’t apologize for killing thugs. I thought it was hilarious the way they made the gun grabbing Senator look like a buffoon.

Yes.....the soldiers were victims....criminals, or nuts......

Yes.....the soldiers were victims....criminals, or nuts......

Thanks, I will tell friends to skip this trash.

Me thinks you're thinking into a comic book show too much.

ALso, how much of this is actually true to the comics. Admittedly, the Punisher is not one of my favorite characters, but I do know his backstory is one where the mob killed his family and he was a special ops guy.

Like any adaptation of comic books they do take some liberties with the character, but one thing that remains true is that the Punisher is a very violent story. So they made some soldiers victims, criminals or nuts. Were they supposed to make the soldiers save kittens from trees?

ALso, how much of this is actually true to the comics. Admittedly, the Punisher is not one of my favorite characters, but I do know his backstory is one where the mob killed his family and he was a special ops guy.

Like any adaptation of comic books they do take some liberties with the character, but one thing that remains true is that the Punisher is a very violent story. So they made some soldiers victims, criminals or nuts. Were they supposed to make the soldiers save kittens from trees?
they took a lot of liberties in the thomas jane movie....

MR_Man-Repeller-Bachelorette-Rachel-Lindsay-ABC-Reality-TV-Suitors-Season-13_5.gif

If you watch the show notice how they treat American Veterans. They are criminals, crazies, victims.......The Punisher, Frank Castle, participated in a covert, illegal, CIA operation, he thought it was legal......and murdered a police officer.....his good friend and fellow soldier, criminal, another soldier is an NRA supporting terrorist bomber.....and another friend of Franks, another special forces soldier, gets beaten with his own prosthetic leg.....

Yeah...Hollywood wouldn't know how to respect vets if their lives depended on it...
I'm assuming here that you are under the illusion that all vets are saints?

Not to mention the Dolph Lungren movie...

Snap, I went there!
yea that was pretty bad.....on Comic Vine the Punishers hard core said that War Zone was the only Punisher movie that they gave thumbs up too....

Bernthal's Punisher is my favorite portrayal, but as far as movies go War Zone was definitely the best. I'm not sure if there was a marketing issue or what, but it was definitely an underrated movie.

If you want to watch some shows that are a pretty decent representation of military life, I would recommend the following...............

Seal Team
The Long Road Home

The first is a fictionalized story, but they do keep it pretty true to life.

The second is a true story about a group of soldiers in Iraq.

Both are excellent.

How about just making them guys who went over, did their job and returned to their lives....like the real veterans have done...every single veteran on the show was a criminal, victim or nuts, every single one........and since the soldiers are actually fighting real monsters...it would be nice if they honored that.....

I'm assuming here that you are under the illusion that all vets are saints?

No...but they aren't all criminals, nuts or victims...which is about the only way they are portrayed on television.

Not to mention the Dolph Lungren movie...

Snap, I went there!
yea that was pretty bad.....on Comic Vine the Punishers hard core said that War Zone was the only Punisher movie that they gave thumbs up too....

Bernthal's Punisher is my favorite portrayal, but as far as movies go War Zone was definitely the best. I'm not sure if there was a marketing issue or what, but it was definitely an underrated movie.
what was funny a critic who gave the movie 0 out of 5 stars said you can tell the makers never read a Punisher comic...lol....yet the Punisher hard Core gave it an A....

I am a Vet and I did not take it that way at all. My wife and I binged watched it one weekend, which for both of us is way out of the norm. I normally watch about 6 shows a week and they are all cooking shows.

How about just making them guys who went over, did their job and returned to their lives....like the real veterans have done...every single veteran on the show was a criminal, victim or nuts, every single one........and since the soldiers are actually fighting real monsters...it would be nice if they honored that.....

Maybe because "just some guys" aren't going to be shown very often in a fiction story? Criminals, victims, and heroes are the characters that get portrayed in movies and TV for the most part. :dunno:

Oh, and you seem to be describing any vets who have issues after coming home, whether PTSD or some other mental health issue, anything which would send them to therapy, as "nuts."

Forum List

Back