The Punisher netflix show...another hit job on U.S. military veterans...

I just finished watching the series. It was a rather boring angle they took, but I didnā€™t feel like they were shitting on veterans. It felt more like they were shitting on those who use the military and vets for personal gain. The show is very pro Second Amendment and doesnā€™t apologize for killing thugs. I thought it was hilarious the way they made the gun grabbing Senator look like a buffoon.

Yes.....the soldiers were victims....criminals, or nuts......
FYI

It's make believe

I just finished watching the series. It was a rather boring angle they took, but I didnā€™t feel like they were shitting on veterans. It felt more like they were shitting on those who use the military and vets for personal gain. The show is very pro Second Amendment and doesnā€™t apologize for killing thugs. I thought it was hilarious the way they made the gun grabbing Senator look like a buffoon.

FYI

It's make believe

And yet it has real world consequences.....people watch these shows and see our Soldiers in the worst light possible...over and over again, in every movie and television show...it effects the way people see our soldiers...

FYI

It's make believe

And yet it has real world consequences.....people watch these shows and see our Soldiers in the worst light possible...over and over again, in every movie and television show...it effects the way people see our soldiers...

That you watch the show and see soldiers in the worst light possible does not mean others see it the same way. I saw the soldiers being portrayed as human, with all the range of strengths and flaws that entails. Most of them were sympathetic characters; only a couple were really bad. Who in the show is not flawed or wounded or vulnerable in some way?

It seems odd to be upset that a show, based on a character who is a veteran that becomes a murderous vigilante, doesn't show veterans having average lives.

FYI

It's make believe

That you watch the show and see soldiers in the worst light possible does not mean others see it the same way. I saw the soldiers being portrayed as human, with all the range of strengths and flaws that entails. Most of them were sympathetic characters; only a couple were really bad. Who in the show is not flawed or wounded or vulnerable in some way?

It seems odd to be upset that a show, based on a character who is a veteran that becomes a murderous vigilante, doesn't show veterans having average lives.

The Punisher is not a murderer......murder is the taking of an innocent life, he only kills criminals.

FYI

It's make believe

They were portrayed as victims, criminals and nuts......

And this is why it is a problem....

Recent war vets face hiring obstacle: PTSD bias

Researchers from the Center for New American Security, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank, interviewed executives of 69 leading corporations, including Bank of America, Target, Wal-Mart, Procter and Gamble, and Raytheon.

All said hiring veterans can be good for business, but more than half acknowledged harboring a negative image of veterans because of how popular media ā€” from news coverage to films ā€” portray PTSD.

FYI

It's make believe

The Punisher is not a murderer......murder is the taking of an innocent life, he only kills criminals.

The Punisher is absolutely a murderer. Just because he has a code which determines who he murders doesn't make it not true. A large portion of the people he's killed in his comics would get him convicted of murder.

FYI

It's make believe

They were portrayed as victims, criminals and nuts......

And this is why it is a problem....

Recent war vets face hiring obstacle: PTSD bias

Researchers from the Center for New American Security, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank, interviewed executives of 69 leading corporations, including Bank of America, Target, Wal-Mart, Procter and Gamble, and Raytheon.

All said hiring veterans can be good for business, but more than half acknowledged harboring a negative image of veterans because of how popular media ā€” from news coverage to films ā€” portray PTSD.

Oh, well, in that case, a Punisher TV show should be about vets living normal lives, with no victims, bad guys, psychological issues, or any of that. Maybe instead of The Punisher, it could be called The Average Guys.

Perhaps you should look to your own image of veterans, as you seem to think any vet who gets involved in group therapy is "nuts."

FYI

It's make believe

The Punisher is absolutely a murderer. Just because he has a code which determines who he murders doesn't make it not true. A large portion of the people he's killed in his comics would get him convicted of murder.

You mean violent criminals? Does he kill innocent men and women?

FYI

It's make believe

You mean violent criminals? Does he kill innocent men and women?

Innocent of doing anything at the time he kills them? All the time. Perhaps even innocent of doing anything but working for bad people? Probably. I don't know if the comics have ever gotten into the details of whether he knows the criminal history of every goon and guard he's killed along the way.

Sure, he only kills "bad guys." I'm not trying to say The Punisher is off shooting little old ladies at the nursing home, or 10-year-olds playing baseball. The definition of murder is not killing someone who's a good person, however. Killing a criminal can still be murder.

Forum List

Back