The Project for the New American Century.

Obviously, you don't know what the word "disaster" means.

Hmmm....

Let's see.....4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted.

No, I think you don't know what the word "disaster" means.

Hmmm....4000 is just a few more than died on 9/11. Now that was a disaster. In this case, those who died were aware of the danger, and volunteered to participate in bringing freedom to those without, and to remove a despot.

Hardly qualifies as a disaster to me. But then, I don't equate freedom with disaster, or success with hand-wringing despair.

Last edited:
Hmmm....4000 is just a few more than died on 9/11. Now that was a disaster. In this case, those who died were aware of the danger, and volunteered to participate in bringing freedom to those without, and to remove a despot.

Hardly qualifies as a disaster to me. But then, I don't equate freedom with disaster, or success with hand-wringing despair.

Success?

We set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

That's success?

Success?

We set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

That's success?

That is a rather simplistic way to look at it Kirk.

Maybe you could give us all a link that shows us how Iraq has signed a treaty of alliance with Iran? It is rather simplistic to assume just because the Shia are the majority in the Iraqi government that they are automatically allied with Iran.

The government of Iraq being majority Shia was an unavoidable result of Democracy in Iraq, considering there are more Shia than Sunnis in Iraq.

* Shi'a as much as 60%, Sunni about 40% (source: Britannica, Religion section of Iraq article).

Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37% (source: CIA World Fact Book).

however to assume that just because the government is majority Shia that they would automatically be best buds with Iran seems kinda off to me.

That is a rather simplistic way to look at it Kirk.

Maybe you could give us all a link that shows us how Iraq has signed a treaty of alliance with Iran? It is rather simplistic to assume just because the Shia are the majority in the Iraqi government that they are automatically allied with Iran.

The government of Iraq being majority Shia was an unavoidable result of Democracy in Iraq, considering there are more Shia than Sunnis in Iraq.

however to assume that just because the government is majority Shia that they would automatically be best buds with Iran seems kinda off to me.

You must be joking....

_21716_maliki-ahmadinejad.jpg

Jafari and more than 10 other Iraqi cabinet ministers are scheduled to work with their Iranian counterparts on closer security and economic cooperation, particularly on counterterrorism, control of their porous 900-mile frontier, and oil, gas and manufacturing deals. Jafari, a Shiite Muslim who spent almost a decade of exile in Iran while President Saddam Hussein ruled Iraq, is the first Iraqi head of government to visit Shiite-ruled Iran in more than a dozen years.

Kinda funny they say they are going to work together to fight terrorism isn't it.

I have to give you credit, I was wrong you were right they have signed an alliance however it is not a military alliance, and I am still not so sure that Iraq is just going to bend to Iran's will on everything, On that we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
No one has answered that question yet.

Sure we have, We have said we do not really know, and we can not really now. How could we kirk, I mean be serious. Was there people around long ago to check and see? When was the first time people explored the north pole, Because before that time I do not know how we can be sure if it was covered in ice or not.

Clearly there have been times in our distant past when the earth was much warmer than it is today, and the Poles were probable free of ice then.

however I will give you that it was most likely a long time ago the last time it was free of ice.

the last time I checked the vision was more like, we are forced to be the police of the world, IMO that hardly is the same as domination.

Well, it kind of is. There is a reason why and how the world would need policing, and the PNAC makes it very explicit: to "shape a new century in favorable to American principles and interests" and that their requirements are "essential if America is to retain its militarily dominant status for the coming decades". What they basically wanted was a world open to American foreign investment at all cost, regardless of the damage it might cause to the American public or any other country's for that matter. I mean, some of their brilliant proposals were the militarization of space and enormous defense budget increases, obviously at the expense of social spending [and in total violation of international law]. It is nothing but an agenda of domination, drawn up by a bunch of guys who were obsessed with the military, despite that almost none of them had ever even served in the army. Bizzare.

Forum List

Back