Obama sidesteps questions about U.S, surge success on Nightline.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
While watching Nightline last night, I noticed when Barack Obama was questioned about the fact that he made a mistake by not supporting the military surge in Iraq; it appeared that he sidestepped those question when asked by
interviewer Terry Moran.It also appeared that he became aggitated, when presented with the fact that Sen. John McCain feels that he now wants to
visit Iraq,and see the success of the surge, which he did not support.

He refuses, flat out, to discuss it.

Typical liberal. We just have to believe he knows what's best, and understand that he doesn't have to explain anything to us.

He refuses, flat out, to discuss it.

Typical liberal. We just have to believe he knows what's best, and understand that he doesn't have to explain anything to us.

Where do these "Liberal Democrats" get this arrogant know it all, don't have to explain anything attitude from?.

We don't know...because it's a secret and they won't tell us. Just be a good dim-witted American like they expect us to be, and accept all they say and do as law......

Obama maintains Iraq was a mistake and a disaster.

I wish he would say that in Iraq to the troops' faces with no Secret Service protection.

He would deserve to be fragged by a soldier that lost a fellow soldier.

Obama with the troops in Kuwait...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87k1j4CpOw&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama drains 3-point jumper on first try in Kuwait[/ame]

I wish he would say that in Iraq to the troops' faces with no Secret Service protection.

Speak for yourself. The average military person has more integrity than it engage in the murderous behavior you advocate.

Why is it the most bloodthirsty jackasses on message boards never served a day in the military and never fired a shot in anger?

Invading Iraq was strategically a mistake. Anyone in the military with a base-level understanding of strategy and tactics understands that.

Like a lot of conservatives with a libertarian bent, I don't think invading iraq was a good idea. While I believe in a strong military and the protection of our country's soil and citizens, the whole war on terror thing does smack of propaganda to a degree. However, I believe there is an organized threat to our country and our way of life backed by those who want nothing more than the destruction of America and we should be ever vigilant.

That said, now that we committed to Iraq, we have the obligation to leave the country in at least the state it was before the invasion. It does seem that Iraqis want to have some of the freedoms we enjoy but the whole idea of a moderate democracy in Iraq sounds pollyanna. The best we can hope for is that Iraq will be a sort of ally. But isn't that what we hoped for when we supported the Shah and later when we supported Saddam in the Iran Iraq war we hoped for the same thing. Our middle east meddling sounds like the definition of folly to me.

Speak for yourself. The average military person has more integrity than it engage in the murderous behavior you advocate.

Roger that.

Why is it the most bloodthirsty jackasses on message boards never served a day in the military and never fired a shot in anger?

Over compensation, probably

Invading Iraq was strategically a mistake. Anyone in the military with a base-level understanding of strategy and tactics understands that.

Damned shame that Bush and Rummy were so arrogant that they actually thought they understood military problems better than the geneerals, and diplomacy better than the professions in the State Department, isn't it?

Fools rush in, where wise men fear to tread.

Where do these "Liberal Democrats" get this arrogant know it all, don't have to explain anything attitude from?.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_AbKi3Dyj0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_AbKi3Dyj0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Please do allow me a moment to rise to my feet...

:eusa_clap::clap2::eusa_clap::clap2::eusa_clap::clap2::eusa_clap::clap2:

Forum List

Back