The Problem with Gays.

Their rights aren't being denied at all. They have a perfect right to find the perfect wife, and marry her.

So, your parents taught you it's perfectly ok to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without ever looking at the moral right/wrong of a situation, OR suffering the consequences of your actions so long as YOU'RE happy?

Well, that explains an awful lot.
So you are bitching because my parents taught me not to be a bigot? :lol:
And to not push my values on someone else?

It doesn't sound like they taught you any at all - but simply taught you to do whatever you want - if something happens, someone else will clean up the mess for you.

I'm of the full belief that you can NOT control who you fall in love with, be it male, or female. But, by choosing to act on those feelings, you're making the choice to give up certain privileges you would otherwise be entitled to had you chosen a different road.

Your choice, your fault. Stop trying to make the rest of the world cater to your selfish demands.

There you go making personal judgments again! We were not talking about how my parents raised me, but of course you had to go there.
Your parents obviously didn't teach you any bibical values either.
And I don't want to marry a female, so they would not be my selfish demands!
Marriage is also not a privilage, it is a "basic civil right".

Next you'll be insisting that parents can marry their children, and their children can marry their invisible friends, and their invisible friends can marry the childrens goldfish.
At one time I thought along those lines as well. Over time though, I have noted that these things have not come to pass. People who want to marry their children, cats, dogs, birds, etc. are going to be looked upon, and correctly so, as nutcases. Such arrangements are never going to see the light of day in our society.

Idiot, the Supreme Court used 14th Amendment in Loving case because the due process of law clause was violated, but the 14th Amendment itself makes no reference to marriages.

So it is alright to use the 14th amendment to establish interracial couples can marry, but not that same sex couples can get married? So you are alright with denying someone a right, which is what marriage was clasified as in that case? You are hypocrite Bass!

Next you'll be insisting that parents can marry their children, and their children can marry their invisible friends, and their invisible friends can marry the childrens goldfish.

Really. You sound ridiculous.

YOu sound ridiculous, you are trying to cover up the fact you are a bigot with trying to say I have no values.

It doesn't sound like they taught you any at all - but simply taught you to do whatever you want - if something happens, someone else will clean up the mess for you.

I'm of the full belief that you can NOT control who you fall in love with, be it male, or female. But, by choosing to act on those feelings, you're making the choice to give up certain privileges you would otherwise be entitled to had you chosen a different road.

Your choice, your fault. Stop trying to make the rest of the world cater to your selfish demands.

There you go making personal judgments again! We were not talking about how my parents raised me, but of course you had to go there.
Your parents obviously didn't teach you any bibical values either.
And I don't want to marry a female, so they would not be my selfish demands!
Marriage is also not a privilage, it is a "basic civil right".

I asked a simple question, you chose to answer it, I merely responded with my opinion on the matter - welcome to the super secret inner workings of a message/debate board. *whistles* Even I'm surprised THAT one sailed straight over your head.

And really, is the best you've got to take the word "you" completely out of context, when you're smart enough to know it's a generalized term used to make a point?

You really should stop getting so angry...it lowers your ability to have a rational debate (albeit one you're already well into losing, but still....)

At one time I thought along those lines as well. Over time though, I have noted that these things have not come to pass. People who want to marry their children, cats, dogs, birds, etc. are going to be looked upon, and correctly so, as nutcases.

as are gays who want to pretend that they are a man and a woman.

So it is alright to use the 14th amendment to establish interracial couples can marry, but not that same sex couples can get married? So you are alright with denying someone a right, which is what marriage was clasified as in that case? You are hypocrite Bass!

Really. You sound ridiculous.

YOu sound ridiculous, you are trying to cover up the fact you are a bigot with trying to say I have no values.

Ok, we'll play your way, chicklet.. Are you saying it should be perfectly ok for guys to marry guys, but not for mothers to marry sons?

Why?

At one time I thought along those lines as well. Over time though, I have noted that these things have not come to pass. People who want to marry their children, cats, dogs, birds, etc. are going to be looked upon, and correctly so, as nutcases. Such arrangements are never going to see the light of day in our society.

As are gays insisting upon the same rights that *normal* married couples have.

:lol: We hold these truths to be self evident.....that all NORMAL men are created equal...but those damn queers can just go straight to hell!

It's in the declaration! :eusa_shhh:

AFAIK, they are not doing that at all. They simply want to join one another in matrimony, presumably to embark on a monogamous life together. You really had to do some impressive mental gymnastics to come up with that one.

AFAIK, they are not doing that at all. They simply want to join one another in matrimony, presumably to embark on a monogamous life together. You really had to do some impressive mental gymnastics to come up with that one.

Really? That why one is usually more masculine, and the other more feminine?

then they need to do that --give it a name and asked that it be recognized with the same rights that marriage has-- *poof*-- problem solved

I don't subscribe to the notion that gays are mentally ill, not that some of them are not, but based merely on their sexual orientation, they are not, to my mind. They are not to the American Psychiatric Association either.
then they need to do that --give it a name and asked that it be recognized with the same rights that marriage has-- *poof*-- problem solved
Like you, I used to buy into that one too but had trouble when contemplating the notion that such reasoning goes right along with 'separate but equal.' I don't see where using the term 'marriage' with regard to their union has a negative impact on the term and how it applies to straight couples. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol: You obviously don't many gays! Yes, there are many who play that role, but most do not.

:lol::lol::lol: You obviously don't many gays! Yes, there are many who play that role, but most do not.

You're kidding, right? I used to go bar hopping with a few.

So, it's pretty safe to say that you're demanding "your" idea of "normal" be accepted, rather than what's been deemed "normal" for thousands of years, simply because YOU declare it should be so?

How utterly selfish, greedy, and bigoted of you. :eusa_eh:

Their rights aren't being denied at all. They have a perfect right to find the perfect wife, and marry her.

So, your parents taught you it's perfectly ok to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without ever looking at the moral right/wrong of a situation, OR suffering the consequences of your actions so long as YOU'RE happy?

Well, that explains an awful lot.

Obviously your parents didn't teach you any either!

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven -- Luke 6:37

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor---James 4:11-12

I don't think the men have any trouble realizing they are hooking up with another man, the women hooking up with another woman. It has nothing at all to do with pretending they are something they are not. The ones I know typically refer to their partner as 'partner,' 'wife,' or 'spouse.'

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven -- Luke 6:37

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor---James 4:11-12

You're beginning to sound a whole lot like TM here :lol:

So, it's pretty safe to say that you're demanding "your" idea of "normal" be accepted, rather than what's been deemed "normal" for thousands of years, simply because YOU declare it should be so?

Wanting something to be accepted is not being a bigot! I am not for forcing churches to marry people they don't agree with, I am for a group of people not being denied a "basic civil right".
And bar gays are a lot different from "normal" gays.

I prefer "shut the fuck up, quit your god damned whining, and start taking responsibility, and suffering the consequences for your own actions."

Work for you?

Good.

:rofl:
You obviously don't many gays! Yes, there are many who play that role, but most do not.

Wanting something to be accepted is not being a bigot! I am not for forcing churches to marry people they don't agree with, I am for a group of people not being denied a "basic civil right".
And bar gays are a lot different from "normal" gays.

oh great---now we have bar gays and normal gays-----------what the hell to the bar gays wanna be called when they hook up ? :rofl:

Forum List

Back