The President's brochure..er-um War Plan

Psychoblues said:
Once again you're so full of shit, gunnyl. 'Tis absolutely true that Al Queda had a training camp in Northwest Iraq. 'Tis also absolutely true that the camp was located in a "NO-FLY ZONE". 'Tis also absolutely true that even Saddam Hussein begged for permission to take the camp out to the UN and more emphatically to the United States Of America. He was absolutely refused permission to do so. But, now you make the allegation Hussein and Iraqi peoples in general were somehow complicit in Al Queda objectives.

That's a crock you lemmings will have to deal with at a later date.

And GWB DID claim Iraq was a base for Al Queda and you just pointed that out.

Psyuchoblues

lets see, did you say what is quoted above or did you say this:

098734L(*^&*%HEDNKNDEMBIUD&^)OIJNMW#OIYDNB
IUTEIBREIPDUPOIYUIWTEYB(*&(@*&*(Y$
(#*BNJLJKKWSO*&#NROKNR##WEOF*DIN
JNDO*($OJNG)OIVUON $L#UIOPIUVN EW

hmmm, both make about as much sense as you usually do

LuvRPgrl said:
prior to your post, did you actually read the entire 48 pages? c'mon now, be honest.

Did you? I read aproximately 10 pages before posting. I know for fact that Palestinian Jew read the entire 48.

I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Bush never privately considered the downsides. Powell and others in his own circle tried to caution him. I meant that in public he showed nothing but pure confidence that his path was the only one and the right one. His naiveté and arrogance were such that he declared "Mission Accomplished" nearly 2000 dead U.S. soldiers ago. Many, many people outside the administration attempted to caution him of the risks of invading, and were also rebuffed. Brent Scowcroft, his own dad's best friend, said he could not get a hearing; he therefore went public with harsh op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal. His own view as that neoCons were "liberals with guns" who had an overly idealistic idea of what could be accomplished in Iraq. The last 3 years have shown him to be far more with-it than Bush et al.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Bush never privately considered the downsides. Powell and others in his own circle tried to caution him. I meant that in public he showed nothing but pure confidence that his path was the only one and the right one. His naiveté and arrogance were such that he declared "Mission Accomplished" nearly 2000 dead U.S. soldiers ago. Many, many people outside the administration attempted to caution him of the risks of invading, and were also rebuffed. Brent Scowcroft, his own dad's best friend, said he could not get a hearing; he therefore went public with harsh op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal. His own view as that neoCons were "liberals with guns" who had an overly idealistic idea of what could be accomplished in Iraq. The last 3 years have shown him to be far more with-it than Bush et al.

Mariner.

You know people like you just tick me the heck off. The fact is you know the spin you are trying to put on things is BS. You know it because its been responded to about a million times.

What kind of freaking leader would go about acting as though he had no confidence in his choice of decision? Maybe this is the reason the Democrat party has no leadership. Its because the have no confidence in what they choose to do.

When are you libs going to stop whining about the "Mission accomplished" sign when you know very well that the carrier's mission was accomplished. They went to Iraq, they finished their mission. They docked in San Diego the next day, their mission over. This isn't rocket science. In fact, the only people who can't seem to realize it are those who don't want to because they want to use anything they can for their political purposes and the dumb sheep that follow them. So which are you?

And don't even try to pretend that the President or anyone else has ever said the war on terror in any of its stages would be fact. The only people expecting the war to be over immediately is the left. President Bush has been consistant since 9/11 saying the war on terror will likely last decades. We hadn't even gone 2 years before you guys started whining that it wasn't over fast enough and that we had to pull out. Heck a bunch of you libs went over to Iraq to act as human shields for Saddam. You've wanted us to lose and look bad in this war since we started.

How about you actually get off your ass and start sticking up for your country instead of trying to undermine it in your attempts to regain power. People like you make me sick.

There was a book out about two years ago that detailed the contacts between terrorist organizations and various Mideast states. Iraq had fewer contacts than all the rest--hardly any. Saudi Arabia, where Wahhabi fundamentalism originated, would be a much more logical place to go looking for the supporters of Osama bin Laden. Syria is known to be a major supporter of terrorism. Iraq was a bit player at most.

Mariner.

want to talk about "spin," claiming that Bush was simply celebrating the carrier's mission being accomplished is about as far-fetched as you can get. Go back and read Bush's speech that day. He wasn't just talking about the carrier. He was talking out of complete and utter blissful ignorance of the potential for things to go wrong. In his world view, simply taking out Saddam would cause democracies to flower throughout the Mideast. He chose to ignore and sideline anyone who disagreed. Hence he deserves all the criticism we people who're driving you crazy can dole out. We're not doing it to drive you crazy--we're doing it 'cause Bush has driven us a bit crazy, to the tune of $6 billion a month for a war we didn't need.

Mariner.

deaddude said:
Did you? I read aproximately 10 pages before posting. I know for fact that Palestinian Jew read the entire 48.

You always answer questions with questions?

only read 20% of it eh, yet you feel qualified to determine if it had signifcant info in it? ha!

I asked because you gave a blistering opinion of it, so what does it matter if PJ read the entire thing, YOU DIDNT, unless your opinion you posted is just parroting something PJ said to you in private.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Thats more sensible of a statement/opinion. I do disagree however. Part of a Presidents job is to instill confidence in the public, just as Reagan was soo good at doing.

No matter what the president is gonna get criticized.

When Bush declared "mission accomplished" it was. The mission at hand then, was to oust saddam, that was accomplished. Then another mission started. A war is won on many missions, he didnt declare "war won". Its the media, his critics and the PRESIDENT Bush haters who want to turn his declaration into propaganda.

And we have been, and continue to win. Saddam ousted.
Interim govt installed
elections held
Constitution drafted
Constitution voted upon and approved

What more do you want us to do? We cant just immediately kill all the terrorists. Many of them hide in neighboring countries, Iran, Syria. Nothing we can do about that except wait them out, continue to build the Iraqi security forces untill we can leave.

Now, please, tell me what more we could have/could do to win?

Mariner said:
There was a book out about two years ago that detailed the contacts between terrorist organizations and various Mideast states. Iraq had fewer contacts than all the rest--hardly any. Saudi Arabia, where Wahhabi fundamentalism originated, would be a much more logical place to go looking for the supporters of Osama bin Laden. Syria is known to be a major supporter of terrorism. Iraq was a bit player at most.

Mariner.

Difference is Saudi's got with it and decided to help us, saddam didnt. So why should we attack those who are willing to help. Saudis are in fact fighting the terrorists now, and have even had attacks against them.

Saddam had his chance, he blew it.

end of story

Mariner said:
want to talk about "spin," claiming that Bush was simply celebrating the carrier's mission being accomplished is about as far-fetched as you can get. Go back and read Bush's speech that day. He wasn't just talking about the carrier. He was talking out of complete and utter blissful ignorance of the potential for things to go wrong. In his world view, simply taking out Saddam would cause democracies to flower throughout the Mideast. He chose to ignore and sideline anyone who disagreed. Hence he deserves all the criticism we people who're driving you crazy can dole out. We're not doing it to drive you crazy--we're doing it 'cause Bush has driven us a bit crazy, to the tune of $6 billion a month for a war we didn't need.

Mariner.

Yea, we didnt need the war, but they brought it here, PRESIDENT BUSH, in a stroke of brilliance, took it back over there. NO US SOIL attacks since 9/11. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

SO, why not show us a few quotes that Bush made to show you are right?

And the fall of saddam did lead to a major change in policy in some places. Jordan is leaning ever so much more to the West. Syria is shaking now and under pressure, even from France.

Ever hear of Khadafi? Yea, he laid his WMD's down, willingly.

Ever hear of Lebanon, they finally got their act together there too.

I guess you just want to ignore those things, avatar is right, you lefties just keep on blabbering the same lies over and over, like

wrong war, wrong time, wrong place.

Guess what, such a statement is NON SENSICAL. It makes no logical sense. If its the WRONG war, the rest of the statement is completely 100% uneccessary. If its the wrong war, how could it be at the right time, or right place? I await your answer. :thewave:

Psychoblues said:
Once again you're so full of shit, gunnyl. 'Tis absolutely true that Al Queda had a training camp in Northwest Iraq. 'Tis also absolutely true that the camp was located in a "NO-FLY ZONE". 'Tis also absolutely true that even Saddam Hussein begged for permission to take the camp out to the UN and more emphatically to the United States Of America. He was absolutely refused permission to do so. But, now you make the allegation Hussein and Iraqi peoples in general were somehow complicit in Al Queda objectives.

That's a crock you lemmings will have to deal with at a later date.

And GWB DID claim Iraq was a base for Al Queda and you just pointed that out.

Psyuchoblues

Nice signature, dolt.

I made two statements of fact. Nothing you posted refutes them.

You are a fraud and a liar. Go f*ck yourself.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

The spin is your trying to call it anything more than it was. The operation that was the military invasion of Iraq had come to an end. Mission accomplished. Simple as that.

I have no problem with criticizing an elected official when they screw up. When you come up with something legit instead of this left-wing fantasy crap you insist on dumping everyone, let me know.

GunnyL, that Bush knew perfectly well that there would be looting and an insurgency made up of 100s of new groups? That he was quite comfortable with the idea of 160,000 U.S. troops remaining in the country 3 years later at a monthly cost of $6 billion? That he predicted his disapproval ratings about the war would climb over 60%, but didn't care?

Come on, admit that he was clueless.

Mariner

By the way, today's New York Times has a good piece on torture in China. If being cruel to your citizens is our new threshold for invading, then we'd better get ready to start a new war with a bigger foe. Of course, we can't invade them, because they might really fight back, and because we depend on them to buy $4 billion a month of our treasury bonds in order to keep us from going bankrupt, under Tax and Borrow Republicanomics. In other words, we borrow from one torturer to finance our war on another.

Torture Is 'Widespread' in China, U.N. Investigator Says

By JOSEPH KAHN
Published: December 3, 2005

BEIJING, Dec. 2 - A high-level United Nations investigator condemned the "widespread" use of torture in Chinese law enforcement and said Beijing must overhaul its criminal laws, grant more power to judges and abolish labor camps before it can end such abuses, according to a summary of his findings released Friday.

The investigation, by Manfred Nowak, the special rapporteur of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, noted some progress by Chinese officials in reducing violence against prisoners since the country signed an international covenant banning torture in 1988.

But Mr. Nowak said that "obtaining confessions" and fighting "deviant behavior" continued to be central goals of China's criminal justice system. The police and prison guards are pushed to extract admissions of guilt and are rarely punished for using electric shock, sleep deprivation and submersion in water or sewage, among other techniques the Commission on Human Rights considers torture, to obtain them, he said.

LuvRPgrl said:
You always answer questions with questions?

only read 20% of it eh, yet you feel qualified to determine if it had signifcant info in it? ha!

I asked because you gave a blistering opinion of it, so what does it matter if PJ read the entire thing, YOU DIDNT, unless your opinion you posted is just parroting something PJ said to you in private.

Yet you defend it and are unwilling to say whether you have read it at all.
I read 10 pages of it after which I started skiming it, looking for numbers gave any significant data. Didnt find any. Asked PJ if he found any, said no. Came to my conclusion. That means I have probably done more to come to my conclusion than you have and so feel more "qualified" as you put it, to have my "blistering opinion" of the plan than you have to defend it.

Has china invaded Kuwait?
Is china mostly Islam, which its leaders have declared a terroristic war on us?
Has china openly paid terrorists to attack and kill civilians in other countries?
Has china been developing chemical and biological weapons?
Do we have a no fly zone anywhere in China?
Was china designated as a country targeted for regime change, as an official administration policy of the CLINTON presidency?
Has china attempted to assisinate any of our presidents?
You also realize china has improved its human rights policies at the insistence of the US, in order to gain entrance into the WTO.?

Mariner said:
GunnyL, that Bush knew perfectly well that there would be looting and an insurgency made up of 100s of new groups? That he was quite comfortable with the idea of 160,000 U.S. troops remaining in the country 3 years later at a monthly cost of $6 billion? That he predicted his disapproval ratings about the war would climb over 60%, but didn't care?

Come on, admit that he was clueless.

Mariner

By the way, today's New York Times has a good piece on torture in China. If being cruel to your citizens is our new threshold for invading, then we'd better get ready to start a new war with a bigger foe. Of course, we can't invade them, because they might really fight back, and because we depend on them to buy $4 billion a month of our treasury bonds in order to keep us from going bankrupt, under Tax and Borrow Republicanomics. In other words, we borrow from one torturer to finance our war on another.

Torture Is 'Widespread' in China, U.N. Investigator Says

By JOSEPH KAHN
Published: December 3, 2005

BEIJING, Dec. 2 - A high-level United Nations investigator condemned the "widespread" use of torture in Chinese law enforcement and said Beijing must overhaul its criminal laws, grant more power to judges and abolish labor camps before it can end such abuses, according to a summary of his findings released Friday.

The investigation, by Manfred Nowak, the special rapporteur of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, noted some progress by Chinese officials in reducing violence against prisoners since the country signed an international covenant banning torture in 1988.

But Mr. Nowak said that "obtaining confessions" and fighting "deviant behavior" continued to be central goals of China's criminal justice system. The police and prison guards are pushed to extract admissions of guilt and are rarely punished for using electric shock, sleep deprivation and submersion in water or sewage, among other techniques the Commission on Human Rights considers torture, to obtain them, he said.

deaddude said:
Yet you defend it and are unwilling to say whether you have read it at all.
I read 10 pages of it after which I started skiming it, looking for numbers gave any significant data. Didnt find any. Asked PJ if he found any, said no. Came to my conclusion. That means I have probably done more to come to my conclusion than you have and so feel more "qualified" as you put it, to have my "blistering opinion" of the plan than you have to defend it.

Earth to deaddude...

let me recap the chronological order of events.

BEFORE I posted ANYTHING on this topic, you proclaimed the ENTIRE 48 pages as vague, and other criticisms.

I then asked you if you had actually read the entire thing. (my suspicions were that you hadnt)

You admitted you hadnt (thanks for your honesty, somehow I also figured you would be honest about it)

now, though, you want to turn it around and ask if I read the entire thing? Had I criticized it? Had I claimed or insinuated I read it?

If I comment about criticisms of it, and show how those criticisms are in error, that doesnt mean Im defending it by having read it, but only pointing out that what the critic is saying is baseless based on the OVERALL WAR PLAN and not based on what is IN THE DOCUMENT.

PLEASE show one sentence I made that would REQUIRE having read the entire document, in order to support my statement as fact.

I will point out yours ......."So rather than a war plan we get a vague 48 page insipid political ploy", how could you know this unless you read more than 20% of it.? :poop:

Re: China v. Iraq. Yes, you're right on all counts. But Bush openly played up Saddam's history of violent repression, talking about torture rooms and rape centers (almost all of which took place early in Saddam's rule, even before he was our ally in the Iran Iraq war under Reagan and was Dick Cheney's business partner via Dresser Industries, Cheney's Halliburtonn subsidiary). I'm simply contrasting Bush's willingness to "play the torture card" with Saddam with his weakness in similarly confronting China. As the neutral magazine "The Week" put it, Bush came back "most empty-handed" from his visit to China, completely empty-handed on human rights.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
Re: China v. Iraq. Yes, you're right on all counts. But Bush openly played up Saddam's history of violent repression, talking about torture rooms and rape centers (almost all of which took place early in Saddam's rule, even before he was our ally in the Iran Iraq war under Reagan and was Dick Cheney's business partner via Dresser Industries, Cheney's Halliburtonn subsidiary). I'm simply contrasting Bush's willingness to "play the torture card" with Saddam with his weakness in similarly confronting China. As the neutral magazine "The Week" put it, Bush came back "most empty-handed" from his visit to China, completely empty-handed on human rights.

Mariner.

Before making statements such as this, perhaps you should talk to some people who were in Kuwait after Saddam's little incursion. Simply put, you don't know what you're talking about.

LuvRPgrl said:
Earth to deaddude...

PLEASE show one sentence I made that would REQUIRE having read the entire document, in order to support my statement as fact.

I will point out yours ......."So rather than a war plan we get a vague 48 page insipid political ploy", how could you know this unless you read more than 20% of it.? :poop:

That would not reqire me to have read the entire thing. That would require me to have looked for any significant facts through out the entire thing. I did do that, I skimmed the enitire 48 pages for numbers or statistics, I found no significant data. I asked PJ (who DID read the enitre thing) if he found any, he said he hadn't. So again I feel more than enititled to my "blistering oppinion" of this "plan."

deaddude said:
That would not reqire me to have read the entire thing. That would require me to have looked for any significant facts through out the entire thing. I did do that, I skimmed the enitire 48 pages for numbers or statistics, I found no significant data. I asked PJ (who DID read the enitre thing) if he found any, he said he hadn't. So again I feel more than enititled to my "blistering oppinion" of this "plan."

Nice try dude.

talk about spin, you must apply for a pr job for saddam.

so, you are saying ONLY facts with numbers or statistics could possibly provide anything specific in the plan? Now think hard, cuz this is what you said. I know I could come up with a very long laundry list of stating very specific information about Iraq without one single number or statistic.

If your reading was so thourough, or thourough enough as you claim, then why did you ask PJ?

Like I said, and you questioning PJ confirms, you hadnt read the thing entirely and were relying on someone else confirmation to make your opinion.

Keep trying if you like, it only makes you look foolish. Or you could just admit you should have read it entirely, will do it, then issue your predetermined verdict. (but at least then if you read it completely you can DENY it was a predetermined opinion)

Forum List

Back