The Pope exonerates the jews!

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
After 20 centuries the pope exonerates the jews!

Pope: 'Jews Are Not Responsible For Killing Jesus'

There is no basis in the scripture for the argument that the Jewish people were responsible for the death of Jesus Christ. That's the declaration made by Pope Benedict the sixteenth, in his forthcoming book, "Jesus of Nazareth, Part II". The Vatican released excerpts of the book this week. The charge that Jews were responsible for Christ's persecution has strained relations between the Catholic and Jewish faiths for centuries. In Tell Me More's "Faith Matters" conversation, host Michel Martin discusses the Pope's comments and what they mean for interfaith relations, with National Catholic reporter, Michael Sean Winters.
Pope: 'Jews Are Not Responsible For Killing Jesus' : NPR

stoning.jpg

Somewhere in the cobwebs of memory, I vaguely recall that the Pope declared that the Jews were not responsible for the death of JC way back in the 1950s.

This is, I think, merely a reiteration of that pronoucement (or was it more correctly termed a Papal Bull?...not sure)

I love John Stewarts take on the issue of Jews and the death of JC

"My family isn't responsible. They were out of town that weekend for the holidays."

Last edited:
There is only one person responsible for the death of Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ. He laid down His life voluntarily.

It's absurd, Orthodox church has already condemned pope declarations.

Both NT and Talmud recognize that jews were responsible:

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, 'He is going forth to be stoned because he has practised sorcery and enticed Israel to apostacy. Any one who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.' But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of the Passover"-Sanhedrin 43a.

In New Testament it was explicitely stated:

" For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews, - who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,"

Forum List

Back