The politics of food...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
There is a lot of fighting going on between people, yet deep down inside I think most of us want the same things, we just differ on how to get there.

I thought if we knew each other a bit better then we could have less sniping and fighting.

Besides politics and golf my other passion is cooking.
IMG_1545.JPG

Tonight I made Hawaiian chicken kabobs for our dinner. This is the before shot. Chicken and pineapple and onions with thick cut bacon weaved between them.

So, who else likes to cook?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I’ll never forget when Moochelle decided to fight obesity by limiting what school kids could be served at lunch.
That was one of the most outragious things I’ve ever seen by our government.

It was also one of the first things President Trump changed.

Last edited:
Garlic butter lemon/pepper bacon-wrapped shrimp with green and red peppers is good, too.

You know, I've got a concoction that I call 7 can soup. I get 3 different kinds of veggies, a can of tomatoes, and whatever else looks good on the shelf that day to make 7 cans total, then I throw it all together in the crock pot with a half a lb. of hamburger and let it cook for a couple of hours.

Fairly cheap, and will serve you for several meals.

There is a lot of fighting going on between people, yet deep down inside I think most of us want the same things, we just differ on how to get there.

I thought if we knew each other a bit better then we could have less sniping and fighting.

Besides politics and golf my other passion is cooking. View attachment 195094

Tonight I made Hawaiian chicken kabobs for our dinner. This is the before shot. Chicken and pineapple and onions with thick cut bacon weaved between them.

I certainly hope no 32oz sodas were served.

Appreciate the thought, but the fighting doesn't come from "we just need to hug and relate". It comes from the fact that we hold diametrically opposed viewpoints. My older sister is the token liberal in my family, and while we all love her very much, most of the family gets up and walks out of the room when she starts trolling for a political fight. She once tried to throw my elderly mother out of her house because Mom dared to say that Donald Trump wasn't such a bad President.

So I'm gonna say friendly relationships aren't much help with political disagreements.

I certainly hope no 32oz sodas were served.

Served with this...
70e82266f6764ee4a00f4dba1c214a69.jpg

Forum List

Back