The political life of the left is now dependant on our defeat in Iraq...

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
The Left has now completely given themselves over to the cause of defeat for the USofA in Iraq. For the only way for us to lose in Iraq is to quit, to give up, and the only way left for the left to obtain political victory is to be successful after their calls for early withdrawal. It will be difficult, as shown by Kerry's speach, to rewrite the history. The fact that they have called for our surrender in Iraq, have actually called our military 'broken and defeated' (Murtha). There is no other option for political victory than total military defeat in Iraq by the only means that the defeat could be brought about, surrender....

It isn't just that we should complete what we started, in essence "If ya break it, ya fix it..." It is that we cannot afford the defeat as it will strengthen our enemies, just as our early withdrawal from Somalia convinced bin Laden that we had no national will. This would only prove him right and the war on islamofascists would be brought to the shores of the US on a larger basis.

Now that they have played their hand, I am almost certain that they have signed their own warrant of political defeat as almost everybody in the US, regardless of whether they think the war should have been started at all, believe that we must be victorious and that we cannot bring defeat upon ourselves. This isn't the Viet Cong, we know that these people have the will to come to the US and to kill our citizens. Giving up is not an option, they won't allow it...

Which begs the question, why is it that trying someone with treason is so out of the question for any of these leftist politicians? They are actively working for the defeat and embarassment of our nation in order to gain political power for themselves. That to me is the ultimate form of treason.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=treason

trea·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
n.
-Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

-A betrayal of trust or confidence.

The media is just as guilty as the politicians but the politicians should be held fully accountable. Yet many republicans are taken aback at that thought as if you just told them you spit on their children.

http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Constitution.html

Section. 3.

Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

I realize that the founders made it extremely hard to convict someone of treason in order to protect against petty claims, such as the ones the democrats make against Bush daily, from becoming actual trials. Some of these leftists such as our elected officials but more importantly George Sauros and other big media heads need to be looked into as to their specific motives in their aid and comfort to the enemy.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
The war between liberalism and conservatism is now using the Iraq war as a battleground and the dems see the handwriting on the wall. If there were any question as to who woill prevail in this war I would be the first one calling for imprisonment of the traitors. They have put themselves in the unfortunate position of having to be pro-terrorist in order to be anti-conservatist. They're screwed. In spite of questionable polls, I have increasing faith that the American people will not support American withdrawal until the job is finished.

dilloduck said:
The war between liberalism and conservatism is now using the Iraq war as a battleground and the dems see the handwriting on the wall. If there were any question as to who woill prevail in this war I would be the first one calling for imprisonment of the traitors. They have put themselves in the unfortunate position of having to be pro-terrorist in order to be anti-conservatist. They're screwed. In spite of questionable polls, I have increasing faith that the American people will not support American withdrawal until the job is finished.

Even the congressmen know that. The house put their money where their mouth was and voted it down 403-3. Just shows you that these people are spweing bullshit but arent convinced that the people have bought it yet despite their skewed poll numbers.

dilloduck said:

Polls have never mattered. Besides, the approval ratings going back up.

insein said:
Which begs the question, why is it that trying someone with treason is so out of the question for any of these leftist politicians?

It would be next to impossible to successfully try someone for treason, for acts committed during a time in which there is no declared war.

insein said:
Which begs the question, why is it that trying someone with treason is so out of the question for any of these leftist politicians? They are actively working for the defeat and embarassment of our nation in order to gain political power for themselves. That to me is the ultimate form of treason.

It is because no war was declared. Once there is a declaration of war, sedition laws apply. Since there was no official declaration of war, nobody can be tried under the sedition laws.

The media is just as guilty as the politicians but the politicians should be held fully accountable. Yet many republicans are taken aback at that thought as if you just told them you spit on their children.

I realize that the founders made it extremely hard to convict someone of treason in order to protect against petty claims, such as the ones the democrats make against Bush daily, from becoming actual trials. Some of these leftists such as our elected officials but more importantly George Sauros and other big media heads need to be looked into as to their specific motives in their aid and comfort to the enemy.
Amen.

It isn't just the "left" that is against the war. Unless you consider Pat Buchanan, supply-side economist Jude Waninski, Ron Paul, etc. to be liberals.

The president started a war without a congressional declaration of war. The whole war is unconstitutional to begin with. It's quite clear that the original intent was to only give the president commander-in-chief status after the congress has declared war, but oh well! America was not threatened when we left Vietnam, and it will not be threatened when we leave Iraq.

insein said:

The Founders had their reasons for making treason so hard to prove, I do understand them, though when I read so much of what is current, I do feel as you. Now then, there is the alternative, shout and shout again, just what is going on politically. Truth is, the administration really began speaking on the issue, less than a week ago, yet they've jumped already 6 points, which only encompasses 3 of the past 7 days. So, I'll go out on a limb and say the American people want the President and the war to succeed, not because they 'love war' but because the people do understand that the internal safety of the US depends on knocking out the terrorists, at home and to a lesser degree in Europe.

Truth is, I think most of us understand that Europe is going to go under Islamofacism. That is where the real fighting will be. May not be in my lifetime, but there is the front of the war.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
It isn't just the "left" that is against the war. Unless you consider Pat Buchanan, supply-side economist Jude Waninski, Ron Paul, etc. to be liberals.

The president started a war without a congressional declaration of war. The whole war is unconstitutional to begin with. It's quite clear that the original intent was to only give the president commander-in-chief status after the congress has declared war, but oh well! America was not threatened when we left Vietnam, and it will not be threatened when we leave Iraq.

Could've fooled me.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

SEC. 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the "Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq".

SEC. 2. SUPPORT FOR UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS

The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to--

(a) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions applicable to Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and

(b) obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions.

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

Sounds like a congressional mandate to me.

Forum List

Back