The Point of a Nation? Open Bordes?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rtwngAvngr, Sep 15, 2006.

1. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Why is it that having borders is a concept that is coming under attack? Borders are the very essence of what defines a nation. The point of controlling land throughout history has been to utilize it's resources for the benefit of the people currently there and their upcoming generations.

"Nation" is being redefined as simply an organizational construct to identify who CONTROLS the area. The people are secondary. Expecting that their territory will be held for use by THEIR future generations is called racism, even though mulitiple races have an interested in preserving our territory, and standard of living for our children.

This country is being sold down the toilet. There is no future.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's only the United States that is being pressed to open it's borders. Other countries are not condemned for protecting thiers, even militarily. It's a plan to drag down a once great country. Take advantage of our largesse to over run us.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Yep. And in many nations it's standard that even legalized aliens can never vote. But here, we debate whether illegals should be allowed to vote.

This country is intentionally being reduced to another mezo american shithole.

The war against america will be won without a shot being fired most likely.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    Just wait. This topic will be red hot in the upcoming presidentian election.

Oh there'll be some shots fired... BY ME!

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    All in the name of 'equality'...'balance'. See, many nations feel NO SINGLE nation should be 'strongest', that is to say, ALL nations should be of EQUAL power/influence.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I might be for this global dream if the american people got something out of it. We're fighting all these wars overseas, does that mean there are new opportunities for americans to move there and thrive. NO. In fact, even our opportunities at home are diminishing due to the influx of cheap labor. Evidently we don't deserve shit. Our military is to be used for the goals of others. And we're supposed to just shut up about it. Screw you NWO.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

DAMN TheMan too!

8. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    It's globalization mayne mayne. We're witnessing the preliminary phasing-out of the nation-state. But if you think about it, it's not an entirely new idea. The United States was a progressive idea in that the states are basically a grouping of small nations whose citizens also belong to a larger union, which allows us to pass through borders without papers or documentation. The EU is the same thing. I'm sure eventually the US, Mexico and Canada will have a similar relationship. Then all of the Americas, then the world. But for it to work it'll take positive action rather than negative reaction.

9. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I think you're overstating. I think over time our population will become more "Latinized," but I think our strong American work ethic, the strongest in the world by the way, will not go away and I think our rich Euro-western background as a nation will not go away either. The only changes we will see will probably be cultural and ethnic. We may see more fresh vegetables and tortillas at the grocery store and Latino populations will continue to rise.

10. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I disagree. As I pointed out in my above post, European countries have opened their borders to become the EU and I've heard whispers of an Asian Union as well.