The Pledge of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by acludem, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    jimnyc, I thought better of you than that. Do you encourage debate or do you have a preplanned agenda? If the latter is your bent then I would suggest that your self advertised "Freedom of Speech" award was prematurely given.

If you want "comedy", I can give you that. I can be and very much am "creative". I would rather, in this case, be serious about our American dilemma and discuss reasonable insight and stategies to correct this dilemma. Every problem is an opportunity. I hope you view this likewise.

Should you wish to "ban" me then a simple pm will accomplish that objective. I certainly don't want to insist on being in a place where I'm not wanted.

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    And he still has not provided an answer.

3. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I consider the question so elementary that it doesn't warrant documentary response from me in this venue. Are you simply implying that there is no concept such as a separation of church and state or are you arguing that it is wrong in your opinion? Either way, the Roy Jones monument was removed from the state courthouse of Alabama. What was that all about?

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    And he still has not provided an answer.

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You insist and go on and on. So I suppose you believe there to be no separation of church and state in the US of A? You are sadly mistaken. I asked a question as well but you ignored it. What about that Roy Jones demagogery in Alabama all about?

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Where was your freedom of speech limited? I find your refusal to answer the question posed to you several times funny, nothing more!

If you want to be serious, how about you just answer the question that was asked of you. Wasn't it YOU who demanded an answer the second time around to "Then WHY, may I ask, was there ever any reference to any separation of "Church and State"?"?

Moi has provided a few documents that utilize "God", "Lord", "Creator" or "Divine" - but yet you fail to document where our founding fathers stated "Separation of church and state". Why is that?

Why would I ban you? Your geriatric induced rants aren't harming anyone.

And you still haven't answered the question. I'm willing to bet the "shrub" can tell me why you fail to produce the documents where our founding fathers stated the "separation of church and state" - because it was never written. It's your interpretation, that's all. But, there were in fact references to "God" and "Lord" in their documents. If they wanted this separation so badly, why did they make references to God an yet never speak the words you THINK you read?

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    This is a statement that you made, along with the words separation of "chuch and state". Moi challanged you on that and I agreed by pointing out you have not provided an answer. Then you bring up a current ruling in Alabama, but that still gives no evidence to your original claim the government was founded to be devoid of religion.

8. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Doesn't the whole seperation of 'church and state' come from a realization that spirituality should be a personal thing?

How often in other countries, even old england before the european settlers arrived, have we seen rulers (kings, queens, etc) make laws and govern the people with so called 'edicts of god'. I think the founding fathers of this country had had enough of kings and queens calling themselves the mouthpiece of god as if they were holier than thou.

So, while this country may have been founded on morals based in christianity or catholicism, It was created to keep those morals out of government proclomations.

9. mwbuccs

mwbuccs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "one nation under Jesus Christ is what it needs to be chnged to."

this is a Christians nation.

JEWS GO HOME.

10. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    My friend, you are a bigot!! Was Jesus Christ not a Jew himself? "Under God" is where it should be!