Police brutality?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** Police brutality my ass! Just another case of an idiot resisting arrest and paying the ultimate price. C'mon, the guy had cocaine and "dust" on him. Now the family sees $$$!! Isn't that what it's always about? And how long before the Reverend arrives ya think? Drugs and and a criminal off the streets in one bust. Kudos to the policemen who handled this animal **

Coroner: Ohio Man's Death Is a Homicide

CINCINNATI - The coroner said Wednesday that a struggle with police was the primary cause in the death of a 350-pound black man whose scuffle with officers outside a fast-food restaurant has prompted outcry among black leaders.

Hamilton County Coroner Carl Parrott said Nathaniel Jones, 41, suffered from an enlarged heart, obesity and had intoxicating levels of cocaine, PCP and methanol in his blood.

Parrott said the death will be ruled a homicide, but added that such a ruling "should not be interpreted as implying inappropriate behavior or the use of excessive force by police." Homicide rulings are issued when someone dies at the hands of another person.

Jones' death certificate will list a cause of death as an irregular heart beat because of a stress reaction from the violent struggle, Parrott said.

Activists say Jones' death was another example of brutality by Cincinnati police against blacks in a city that was rocked by race riots two years ago.

The coroner's ruling came shortly after lawyers for Jones' family called for an independent investigation, claiming the coroner has mishandled past cases.

"It's hard for me to believe anything that comes out of the coroner's office," attorney Kenneth Lawson said at a news conference.

Relatives said Jones was a loving person who never hurt anyone.

"They talk about Skip like he was an animal," said his grandmother, Bessie Jones. "He wasn't. Skipper was just a good old, fat jolly fella. He wasn't violent."

"Everyone he met, that he touched, loved him," said his aunt, Diane Payton. "He was never mean."

The struggle occurred early Sunday after an employee at a White Castle called 911 to report that a man had passed out on the lawn outside. Emergency personnel arrived and reported that the man was awake and "becoming a nuisance," according to police radio transmissions.

The first two arriving officers were shown on a police video striking Jones after he ignored orders to "stay back," took a swing at an officer and put his arm around one's neck.

The officers later knocked Jones to the ground and fell on him, and jabbed or clubbed him with nightsticks at least a dozen times over several minutes until he was handcuffed. They kept yelling, "Put your hands behind your back!" as they struggled to handcuff him.

Jones' body had bruising on the lower half, but did not show signs of blows to the head or organ damage, Parrott said.

Jones was carrying cocaine and three hand-rolled cigarettes that had been dipped in methanol, an ingredient in embalming fluid that gets people high, authorities said.

Messages seeking comment on the ruling were left with the prosecutor and police chief.

I agree. Anyone who watched the video from the beginning could see he took off after the police. Throughout the whole ordeal, the police kept telling him to put his hands behind his back-then it would have ended.

It takes 6 men to hold down one 150lb man on dust, this guy weighed over 350lbs!! from what I saw on TV he was tossing those police like a salad. what are they to do? they took him down as best they could. due to his size they did not use a tazer or mice/pepper spray for HIS safety. to bad he died but all he had to do was stop and lay still.My heart goes out to the police involved , the family knew something like this could happen and allowed it to happen so I feel nothing for them. Jesse is gonna love this one.

You are so right. Don't know how many times today I heard the police should have used tazer or pepper spray. Duh, either would have meant the officer would be down to one hand; considering how this guy was tossing them about, not likely possible.

He has a record, quite long. That the family is now trying to promote him as a jolly elf is a joke.

This is just ridiculous.

And how long before the Reverend arrives ya think?

Wouldnt surprise me if he's already nipping at their heels and sniffing their crotch. I'd like to take that race card, light it, and stuff it up his ass. Guaranteed if this was a 350+ pound Caucasian, we wouldn't even be hearing about this case.

Too bad Mark Geragos has his hands full with Mikey. I think I can smell Johnny Cock-ran drooling as we type.

If the cameras are rolling, Jesse will roll in. Take it from a Chi-town gal.

Good news recently, Jesse is getting booed by the working stiff blacks.

** Police brutality my ass! Just another case of an idiot resisting arrest and paying the ultimate price. C'mon, the guy had cocaine and "dust" on him. Now the family sees $$$!! Isn't that what it's always about? And how long before the Reverend arrives ya think? Drugs and and a criminal off the streets in one bust. Kudos to the policemen who handled this animal **

Coroner: Ohio Man's Death Is a Homicide

CINCINNATI - The coroner said Wednesday that a struggle with police was the primary cause in the death of a 350-pound black man whose scuffle with officers outside a fast-food restaurant has prompted outcry among black leaders.

Hamilton County Coroner Carl Parrott said Nathaniel Jones, 41, suffered from an enlarged heart, obesity and had intoxicating levels of cocaine, PCP and methanol in his blood.

Parrott said the death will be ruled a homicide, but added that such a ruling "should not be interpreted as implying inappropriate behavior or the use of excessive force by police." Homicide rulings are issued when someone dies at the hands of another person.

Jones' death certificate will list a cause of death as an irregular heart beat because of a stress reaction from the violent struggle, Parrott said.

Activists say Jones' death was another example of brutality by Cincinnati police against blacks in a city that was rocked by race riots two years ago.

The coroner's ruling came shortly after lawyers for Jones' family called for an independent investigation, claiming the coroner has mishandled past cases.

"It's hard for me to believe anything that comes out of the coroner's office," attorney Kenneth Lawson said at a news conference.

Relatives said Jones was a loving person who never hurt anyone.

"They talk about Skip like he was an animal," said his grandmother, Bessie Jones. "He wasn't. Skipper was just a good old, fat jolly fella. He wasn't violent."

"Everyone he met, that he touched, loved him," said his aunt, Diane Payton. "He was never mean."

The struggle occurred early Sunday after an employee at a White Castle called 911 to report that a man had passed out on the lawn outside. Emergency personnel arrived and reported that the man was awake and "becoming a nuisance," according to police radio transmissions.

The first two arriving officers were shown on a police video striking Jones after he ignored orders to "stay back," took a swing at an officer and put his arm around one's neck.

The officers later knocked Jones to the ground and fell on him, and jabbed or clubbed him with nightsticks at least a dozen times over several minutes until he was handcuffed. They kept yelling, "Put your hands behind your back!" as they struggled to handcuff him.

Jones' body had bruising on the lower half, but did not show signs of blows to the head or organ damage, Parrott said.

Jones was carrying cocaine and three hand-rolled cigarettes that had been dipped in methanol, an ingredient in embalming fluid that gets people high, authorities said.

Messages seeking comment on the ruling were left with the prosecutor and police chief.
So blacks weren't happy before Obama took office? The corporate media today 13 years later suggests cops killing blacks is a recent phenomenon

The cops were acting on a complaint. The subject was a public nuisance who aggressively resisted arrest. No sympathy from me.

Well, the same applies today. Notice there haven't been idiot Lefties crying for the heads of the cops. Times have degenerated.

Forum List

Back