CDZ The Phony Liberalism of Bill Maher

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
The once Libertarian comedian-turned arrogant atheist Democrat is as popular as ever, which is no surprise these days when you consider the bizarre effects the 2016 election of Donald Trump has had on the left.

Bill Maher rose from being an “edgy,” opinionated comedian to becoming one of the most influential and recognizable faces in our media. His political talk show, Real Time With Bill Maher, has been on HBO since 2003, spanning 17 seasons with over 500 episodes to date. Real Time continues to be one of the most popular shows on cable TV, drawing in more than 4 million viewers per episode, according to a new New York Times interview (9/30/19), which frames him as a straight-shooting satirist on an “antihypocrisy crusade,” with Maher presenting himself as the voice of liberals across the country fed up with PC culture. Certainly, he has a legion of dedicated, primarily Democrat-voting Baby Boomer and Generation X fans, who take seriously his every pronouncement.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-phony-liberalism-of-bill-maher/

He still claims to be a libertarian.
Indeed, when asked, he has been explicit about his ideology: “I’m a libertarian,” he said to Rolling Stone (4/13/11). “I would be a Republican if they would. Which means that I like the Barry Goldwater Republican Party, even the Reagan Republican Party.” His choice in naming the two figures whose mission was to upend the liberal order, often through appeals to racism and white nationalism, is telling.

I've heard charity foundations call him the tightest wad in Hollywood...

Bill is an establishment guy. He promotes the status quo, while trying to appear edgy and nuanced. He has been a millionaire for a long time. Like Maddow, Tapper, and the rest in the MSM, Bill just wants to keep his personal gravy train running. He does what the establishment tells him to do.

He was good once upon a time. Now he is just a bought off tool, like so many in the MSM.

Has no government job, not enough money to influence an election . He is a Comic. just like D Miller , & the cable guy

Bill Maher is just another publicity hound trying to keep his name in the public discourse. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back