The Palin Problem (It's Not What You Think...)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flaylo, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Erica Payne: The Palin Problem (It's Not What You Think...)

Though you would never know it today, the American conservative movement once had a strong foundation in serious ideas from serious thinkers. Today, noteworthy men like Leo Strauss, Irving Kristol, and William F. Buckley, have been replaced by Glenn Beck -- a conspiracy theorist who cultivated a coke habit rather than obtaining a college degree. And let's not forget Sarah Palin, who meandered through 5 different colleges to earn one degree but evidently missed out on English 101. No wonder the crux of conservative ideology -- a preference for slow and temperate change -- has been replaced by a Tea Party crusade to repeal the 14th, 16th, and 17th amendments of our Constitution.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I wonder if Gunny should have a new rule that prevents trolls from posting article after article from the same 'source'?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    So you agree that the academic elite are the only ones that are worthy of serious consideration as it pertains to ideas and leadership?

I dont. Intelligence has nothing to do with being book smart. It has to do with the ability to learn from experiences and implementing what you learn as you move forward in life.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I am more concerned with my politician being able to think critically than their academic record. Sadly, this skill seems unimportant to many - certainly the OP shows absolutely no evidence of any ability to apply critical thinking.

6. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    I wonder if Gunny should make a new rule that stops people from complaining excessively about posters linking to Huffington Post.

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,274
    Why America has 'Palin fatigue' - The Week

The latest CNN poll found that a record 56 percent of Americans now have an unfavorable opinion of the the former Alaska governor. Palin's fall from grace is not merely backlash against her "tone-deaf response" to those who claimed she was "somehow responsible" for the Tucson shootings. It's because she has morphed from hockey mom to "multi-media extravaganza," knocking on our doors daily to "sell something, without any invitation." In the process, she has "completely overstayed her welcome

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,623
    Oh Brother!!!

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637
    Pardonome', but me thinks it's the academic elitists who have fucked this country up.. big time.

10. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,841
    The left clearly fears Palin, the more they degrade her the more ridiculous they look and the more political power and money she accumulates.

She is successful, started out from an average all American family to become one of the few in American politics that can fill an auditorium. Man .. that pisses them off....:lol:

The wish I'm guessing is to stop her right to free speech as a private citizen but their success would be a failure for all of us..

Sure you may not like her, her voice bugs me but there is no denying her success in the face of the hate mongers...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2