The Pagan roots of the catholic church

Council of Trent. Everything that was presented there was recently confirmed by the catholic church. This is what the CC teaches, and it does not align with Scripture.

How so? Give me one point, how you see it, and let's discuss.

3. Mary. The Catholic Church gives honor and adoration to Mary that the Scriptures do not; she is readily referred to as "holy," the "Mother of God," and has been dubbed the "Co-Redemptrix," thereby making her an object of idolatrous worship (e.g., the rosary has ten prayers to Mary for each two directed to God). In 1923, Pope Pius XI sanctioned Pope Benedict XV's (1914-1922) pronouncement that Mary suffered with Christ, and that with Him, she redeemed the human race. And Pope Pius XII officially designated Mary the "Queen of Heaven" and "Queen of the World." Catholics claim not only that Mary was perfectly sinless from conception, even as Jesus was (doctrine of Immaculate Conception, proclaimed by Pope Pius IX in 1854), but that the reason she never sinned at any time during her life was because she was unable to sin (cf. Luke 1:46,47; Rom. 3:10,23; 5:12; Heb. 4:15; 1 John 1:8,10). Catholics also believe that Mary was a perpetual virgin (cf. Ps. 69:8; Matt. 1:24,25; 13:54-56; Mk. 6:3; John 7:5), and that she was assumed, body and soul, into heaven (doctrine of Assumption of Mary, declared ex cathedra by Pope Pius XII in November of 1950 -- that Mary was raised from the dead on the third day after her death, and anyone who refuses to believe this has committed a mortal sin). The consequence of all this veneration of Mary, in effect, establishes her authorityabove Christ's -- Rome says, "He came to us through Mary and we must go to Him through her." All this is so obviously idolatrous, one wonders why Catholics take offense when their religious affections are called cultic. Exodus 20:4,5 (the Ten Commandments) strictly forbids bowing down to any likeness of anything in heaven (this includes Mary). It's the 2nd command, read it for yourself! It's the same Scripture found in the Catholic Bible, so why do they disobey God?

So you don't adore Mary as a godess, however you borrow this 100bc Harlot Mary and her illegitimate son Yeshu as part of your Jesus image. This is not the same as the Galilean christ nor AD era Christ by the Jordan. So you still are just as much a dupe for taking Romes image of the beast.

Council of Trent. Everything that was presented there was recently confirmed by the catholic church. This is what the CC teaches, and it does not align with Scripture.

3. Mary. The Catholic Church gives honor and adoration to Mary that the Scriptures do not; she is readily referred to as "holy," the "Mother of God," and has been dubbed the "Co-Redemptrix," thereby making her an object of idolatrous worship (e.g., the rosary has ten prayers to Mary for each two directed to God). In 1923, Pope Pius XI sanctioned Pope Benedict XV's (1914-1922) pronouncement that Mary suffered with Christ, and that with Him, she redeemed the human race. And Pope Pius XII officially designated Mary the "Queen of Heaven" and "Queen of the World." Catholics claim not only that Mary was perfectly sinless from conception, even as Jesus was (doctrine of Immaculate Conception, proclaimed by Pope Pius IX in 1854), but that the reason she never sinned at any time during her life was because she was unable to sin (cf. Luke 1:46,47; Rom. 3:10,23; 5:12; Heb. 4:15; 1 John 1:8,10). Catholics also believe that Mary was a perpetual virgin (cf. Ps. 69:8; Matt. 1:24,25; 13:54-56; Mk. 6:3; John 7:5), and that she was assumed, body and soul, into heaven (doctrine of Assumption of Mary, declared ex cathedra by Pope Pius XII in November of 1950 -- that Mary was raised from the dead on the third day after her death, and anyone who refuses to believe this has committed a mortal sin). The consequence of all this veneration of Mary, in effect, establishes her authorityabove Christ's -- Rome says, "He came to us through Mary and we must go to Him through her." All this is so obviously idolatrous, one wonders why Catholics take offense when their religious affections are called cultic. Exodus 20:4,5 (the Ten Commandments) strictly forbids bowing down to any likeness of anything in heaven (this includes Mary). It's the 2nd command, read it for yourself! It's the same Scripture found in the Catholic Bible, so why do they disobey God?

What a bunch ado about nothing. Mary is not considered co-redemptrix, although some argue for it. I (and the majority of the Church) do not. We honor Mary because she was a significant part of Christ's life. She was chosen to bear and raise him. She was present at his first miracle, at his crucifixion, at the coming of the Holy Spirit. Tradition has it Mary was assumed into heaven; that some Apostles who went to see her grave were witness to this. There is no mortal sin attached to not believing in the Assumption.

The Church does not teach going through Mary to Jesus. We do believe she can intercede for us--just as anyone, even our next door neighbor--can intercede for us through prayer. The Salvation of the world came about through Mary's obedience to God (which is why some have argued (and failed) at having her designated co-redemptrix. In some miracles (which I'm sure you hold no belief), Mary forever points to Jesus. This is different from going "through" her.

No, Exodus does not forbid laying down graven images. Otherwise, there would have been no angels engraved on the Ark of the Covenant. Exodus forbids the worship of such graven images.

The Catholic Church honors the people and events in Jesus' life. This includes the Apostles, Mary, Joseph, and other disciples, his conception, birth, baptism, miracles, temptations; his friends (Mary, Martha, Lazarus); and later, those with great faith. Every single day of the year we celebrate one or more of these people and events.

God chose Mary to bear and raise Jesus, to be his mother. This, in and of itself, is the only reason anyone needs to honor and respect Mary. To call this honor and respect idolatrous amounts to foolish hysteria. It is on par with those who frown on people celebrating birthdays because they see such celebrations as displeasing to God.

People who wish to ignore Mary should feel free to do so--as free as those who wish to ignore birthday celebrations.

Also keep in mind the context of the times. The mother of the King in earthly rule is designated as the Queen Mother. People who believe Christ is King would automatically begin to think of Mary as the Queen Mother. It's no big deal. Scripture calls all to be holy, and tells us that Mary was highly favored by God.

So convince me: Why should I not honor and respect Mary?

What a bunch ado about nothing. Mary is not considered co-redemptrix, although some argue for it. I (and the majority of the Church) do not. We honor Mary because she was a significant part of Christ's life. She was chosen to bear and raise him. She was present at his first miracle, at his crucifixion, at the coming of the Holy Spirit. Tradition has it Mary was assumed into heaven; that some Apostles who went to see her grave were witness to this. There is no mortal sin attached to not believing in the Assumption.

The Church does not teach going through Mary to Jesus. We do believe she can intercede for us--just as anyone, even our next door neighbor--can intercede for us through prayer. The Salvation of the world came about through Mary's obedience to God (which is why some have argued (and failed) at having her designated co-redemptrix. In some miracles (which I'm sure you hold no belief), Mary forever points to Jesus. This is different from going "through" her.

No, Exodus does not forbid laying down graven images. Otherwise, there would have been no angels engraved on the Ark of the Covenant. Exodus forbids the worship of such graven images.

The Catholic Church honors the people and events in Jesus' life. This includes the Apostles, Mary, Joseph, and other disciples, his conception, birth, baptism, miracles, temptations; his friends (Mary, Martha, Lazarus); and later, those with great faith. Every single day of the year we celebrate one or more of these people and events.

God chose Mary to bear and raise Jesus, to be his mother. This, in and of itself, is the only reason anyone needs to honor and respect Mary. To call this honor and respect idolatrous amounts to foolish hysteria. It is on par with those who frown on people celebrating birthdays because they see such celebrations as displeasing to God.

People who wish to ignore Mary should feel free to do so--as free as those who wish to ignore birthday celebrations.

Also keep in mind the context of the times. The mother of the King in earthly rule is designated as the Queen Mother. People who believe Christ is King would automatically begin to think of Mary as the Queen Mother. It's no big deal. Scripture calls all to be holy, and tells us that Mary was highly favored by God.

Council of Trent -- The Council of Trent was held in an attempt to destroy the progress of the Protestant Reformation; it approved many superstitious and unbiblical beliefs of the Middle Ages (all to be believed under the threat of "anathema"):

(a) Denied every doctrine of the Reformation, from Sola Scriptura to "salvation by grace through faith alone";

(b) Pronounced 125 anathemas (i.e., eternal damnation) upon anyone believing what evangelicals believe and preach today;

(c) Equal value and authority of tradition and Scripture (in actuality, tradition is held above Scripture);

(d) Scriptures for the priesthood only (prohibited to anyone in the laity without written permission from one's superior -- to violate this was [and still is in most "Catholic countries" today] considered a mortal sin);

(e) Seven sacraments;

(f) Communion by eating the bread only (not drinking the wine);

(g) Purgatory;

(h) Indulgences;

(i) The Mass as a propitiatory offering

Vatican I

(a) Defined the infallibility of the pope;

(b) Confirmed Unum Sanctum (no salvation outside of the Catholic Church).

Vatican II -- made no new doctrines, nor did it change or repudiate any old ones; Trent and Vatican I stand as is (i.e., Vatican II verified and validated all the anathemas of Trent). Vatican II reaffirmed such Roman heresies as papal supremacy; the Roman priesthood; the mass as an unbloody sacrifice of Christ; a polluted sacramental gospel; Catholic tradition on equal par with Scripture; Mary as the Queen of Heaven and co-Redemptrix with Christ; auricular confession; Mariolatry; pilgrimages to "holy shrines"; purgatory; prayers to and for the dead; etc. (Although the restriction against laity reading the Scriptures has been removed, it is still a mortal sin for a Roman Catholicanywhere to read any Protestant version of the Bible. That the real attitude of the Vatican toward the Bible has not changed is shown by the fact that in 1957 the depot of the British and Foreign Bible Society in Madrid, Spain was closed and its stock of Bibles confiscated and burned.)

(a) Reaffirmed the infallibility of the pope (and even when he does not speak ex-cathedra, all Catholics must still give complete submission of mind and will to what he says);

(b) Divided Catholic doctrine into that which is essential core of theology, and must be received by faith, and that which is still an undefined body of theology which Catholics may question and debate without repudiating their essential Catholicism;

(c) Established 20 complex rules concerning when and how any indulgence may be obtained, and condemned "with anathema those who say that indulgences are useless or that the Church does not have the power to grant them ... [for] the task of winning salvation."

This is what the catholic church teaches. None of it is Biblical. That's good enough for me. There is also the fact that the catholic church made it a crime to posses a copy of the Bible. Then there is a little thing known as the inquisition. Do you know how many Christians the catholic church tortured and killed? Look it up. There are also several confirmed accounts of Priests blackmailing women into having sex with them. That, or being given to the Inquisition. That is the church you revere.

P.S. I almost forgot about all of the Priests who love to molest little boys, and how the church tried to cover it up for centuries.

Last edited:
Council of Trent -- The Council of Trent was held in an attempt to destroy the progress of the Protestant Reformation; it approved many superstitious and unbiblical beliefs of the Middle Ages (all to be believed under the threat of "anathema"):

(a) Denied every doctrine of the Reformation, from Sola Scriptura to "salvation by grace through faith alone";

(b) Pronounced 125 anathemas (i.e., eternal damnation) upon anyone believing what evangelicals believe and preach today;

(c) Equal value and authority of tradition and Scripture (in actuality, tradition is held above Scripture);

(d) Scriptures for the priesthood only (prohibited to anyone in the laity without written permission from one's superior -- to violate this was [and still is in most "Catholic countries" today] considered a mortal sin);

(e) Seven sacraments;

(f) Communion by eating the bread only (not drinking the wine);

(g) Purgatory;

(h) Indulgences;

(i) The Mass as a propitiatory offering

Vatican I

(a) Defined the infallibility of the pope;

(b) Confirmed Unum Sanctum (no salvation outside of the Catholic Church).

Vatican II -- made no new doctrines, nor did it change or repudiate any old ones; Trent and Vatican I stand as is (i.e., Vatican II verified and validated all the anathemas of Trent). Vatican II reaffirmed such Roman heresies as papal supremacy; the Roman priesthood; the mass as an unbloody sacrifice of Christ; a polluted sacramental gospel; Catholic tradition on equal par with Scripture; Mary as the Queen of Heaven and co-Redemptrix with Christ; auricular confession; Mariolatry; pilgrimages to "holy shrines"; purgatory; prayers to and for the dead; etc. (Although the restriction against laity reading the Scriptures has been removed, it is still a mortal sin for a Roman Catholicanywhere to read any Protestant version of the Bible. That the real attitude of the Vatican toward the Bible has not changed is shown by the fact that in 1957 the depot of the British and Foreign Bible Society in Madrid, Spain was closed and its stock of Bibles confiscated and burned.)

(a) Reaffirmed the infallibility of the pope (and even when he does not speak ex-cathedra, all Catholics must still give complete submission of mind and will to what he says);

(b) Divided Catholic doctrine into that which is essential core of theology, and must be received by faith, and that which is still an undefined body of theology which Catholics may question and debate without repudiating their essential Catholicism;

(c) Established 20 complex rules concerning when and how any indulgence may be obtained, and condemned "with anathema those who say that indulgences are useless or that the Church does not have the power to grant them ... [for] the task of winning salvation."

This is what the catholic church teaches. None of it is Biblical. That's good enough for me. There is also the fact that the catholic church made it a crime to posses a copy of the Bible. Then there is a little thing known as the inquisition. Do you know how many Christians the catholic church tortured and killed? Look it up. There are also several confirmed accounts of Priests blackmailing women into having sex with them. That, or being given to the Inquisition. That is the church you revere.

Actually, it is Biblical.

Discussion works better if one point is considered at a time.

No, you'd be right.

Christmas is near the winter solstice for a reason. Easter is around spring (like Spring Festival in China) and the re-birth of the world at this time was seen as a good way of putting some guy rising from the dead.

The Pagan Origins of Jesus Christ and Christianity
You're an idiot. Sorry, but it's true. That pagan origin of Christianity myth has been debunked countless times.

Ah, the insults.

You're argument is so good you don't say it, you just insult people who disagree.
I will no longer reply to to you. You're on my ignore list. You claim Christianity has pagan roots. You are wrong. I post the following in order to combat your lies. It is for the benefit of others. You are a lost cause.

Christianity Wasn't Influenced by Pagan Religions!
Christianity was heavily influenced by Greek culture and thought. It was an offshoot of Judaism, modernized and made more spiritual. There were Jesus like characters in pagan religions and yes similarities. One early church father wrote about it claiming Satan created the similarities by going back in time to try to discredit Christianity.
Christianity is unique. It borrowed nothing. Your theory has been debunked so many times. Why don't you do a little research?

The crazies are out today.

God chose Mary to bear and raise Jesus, to be his mother.

What? Perhaps this is the issue everyone has with you people brainwashed into PAGAN mythologies of being born of the gods.

The Character Rome the Harlot church favored was "the half Roman" son of the Harlot Mary of 100bc. She had Yeshu after a fling with Roman Soldier Pantheras (Panderas) which is why Matthew said Joseph had a mind to divorce her quietly.
He did not want her to be stoned. In this sin she was thus called Stada (stray) for straying from her husband. Yeshu was thus called Yeshu ben Stada.

Ah, the insults.

You're argument is so good you don't say it, you just insult people who disagree.
I will no longer reply to to you. You're on my ignore list. You claim Christianity has pagan roots. You are wrong. I post the following in order to combat your lies. It is for the benefit of others. You are a lost cause.

Christianity Wasn't Influenced by Pagan Religions!
Christianity was heavily influenced by Greek culture and thought. It was an offshoot of Judaism, modernized and made more spiritual. There were Jesus like characters in pagan religions and yes similarities. One early church father wrote about it claiming Satan created the similarities by going back in time to try to discredit Christianity.
Christianity is unique. It borrowed nothing. Your theory has been debunked so many times. Why don't you do a little research?
I did for over 20 years, asshole. It hasn't been debunked at all. Apologists try to spin it away.
LOL! Think what you like. You will answer to God for it. Not me. Good luck with that.
I don't need your permission to think, you arrogant asshole.

Lutroo does nothing but copy and pastes Stewart's anti-Catholic nonsense and pretends that is somehow a retort.

giphy.gif

I see no reason not to honor and respect Mary as the mother of Jesus.

But that's a bit dishonest of you isn't it? You take it a giant iniquitous step further.

You honor and respect her as "the mother of God."

Last edited:
>>>>I see no reason not to honor and respect Mary as the mother of Jesus.

The fact that you claimed your Christ was the one in Pilates era who's brother was James should be the reason since the Mary character is from 100bc, not the AD era.

Catholicism is a cult....no doubt whatsoever and they are extremely dangerous. The jesuit order is especially despicable. People just don't know their history.

Well its the original Christian cult then because the early Christians had no bible, they went strictly by the Church.

For your information, this is not an attack on catholics. It is simply the true history of the catholic church. Make what you will of it. I believe that the catholic church is leading many people astray. You'll see why, after reading this. I do this out love. I believe that the Bible is the sole source of truth. So read this, and compare the catholic teaching to Gods word.

Roman Catholicism -Christian or Pagan?
I'm not particularly found of the Catholic Church because historically they seem to promote the notion that the Church itself is the way to salvation, as opposed to the church simply being a vehicle to deliver the transcendent message of salvation.

On the flip side I don't agree with fundamental Baptists like Stewart who say that Christians should shun anything of "pagan" origin From what I know of Steart he's one of those fundamentalists who thinks Christian's shouldn't celebrate Christmas simply because it borrowed traditions from an ancient Roman festival.
I don't celebrate Christmas. I celebrate the birth of Christ. Just saying.

When was he born now?

Catholicism is a cult....no doubt whatsoever and they are extremely dangerous. The jesuit order is especially despicable. People just don't know their history.
You mean, like, the time the catholic church banned private ownership of the Bible?

Yep and how the Jesuits came to be the answer to the Reformation started by Martin Luther. The Council of Trent were meetings of catholic leaders to plan strategy for the their military arm (the jesuits) on how to deal with those that would not bow to papal authority. Here is some good history on how non-catholics were oppressed before the Jesuits came along

THE INQUISITION: A Study in Absolute Catholic Power

You mean, like, the time the catholic church banned private ownership of the Bible?

Yep and how the Jesuits came to be the answer to the Reformation started by Martin Luther. The Council of Trent were meetings of catholic leaders to plan strategy for the their military arm (the jesuits) on how to deal with those that would not bow to papal authority. Here is some good history on how non-catholics were oppressed before the Jesuits came along

THE INQUISITION: A Study in Absolute Catholic Power

The Protestants were just as bad if not worst. The RCC , yes used their power to extreme at times, is the original Christian Church and the EO.

For your information, this is not an attack on catholics. It is simply the true history of the catholic church. Make what you will of it. I believe that the catholic church is leading many people astray. You'll see why, after reading this. I do this out love. I believe that the Bible is the sole source of truth. So read this, and compare the catholic teaching to Gods word.

The RCC teaching is that Mary is the spouse of the HS, and Joseph was her caretaker. Jesus came through her and the way to Jesus is through her, or you can go not go to Mary, but since Mary is the Mother and Spouse of God, you'd be right in giving her the devotion she is due. Not every RC has a devotion to Mary, but as a RC we know how Mary is now the queen of heaven. This is the RCC teaching.

Semiramis, as the female divinity, would be called Baalti. This word translated into English means "My Lady." In Latin it would be translated "Mea Domina". This name becomes the name "Madonna" which is the name by which Mary is often referred. The same reasoning can be applied to the name of "Mediatrix", which Mary is also called. Mary received that title from "Mylitta" (mediatrix) which was one of the names of the Mother Goddess of Babylon. "The Queen of Heaven" is another name for Mary that has been adopted from the pagan Babylonian religions.

EASTER (ISHTAR) WAS THE mother of the morning star -who's father is Baal.
Isis (is said to be Ishtar in Egyptians culture) is the
WIFE OF THE SUN GOD BAAL father of the morning star therefore Isis is Ishtar (easter)
Mary statues with son are actually predated Isis and baby Horus statues.
Do the math: you call Jesus the morning star (baals son). You celebrate Ishtar (easter) where the fish comes out the egg.
You use Isis statues as Mary.
The holy trinity is mystery Babylon revealed as Baal(father), Isis (mother), Morning star Jesus(son who is the myth plagiarized masking worship of the father).
This is why the number of his name:
Baal Jesus=666 in ascll numerology.

The RCC teaching is that Mary is the spouse of the HS, and Joseph was her caretaker. Jesus came through her and the way to Jesus is through her, or you can go not go to Mary, but since Mary is the Mother and Spouse of God, you'd be right in giving her the devotion she is due. Not every RC has a devotion to Mary, but as a RC we know how Mary is now the queen of heaven. This is the RCC teaching.
Mary was a sinner. Just like everyone else ever born. The Bible does not contradict that in any way.

Mary was a sinner. Just like everyone else ever born. The Bible does not contradict that in any way.

God would of never placed his son in a sinner, only in a pure vessel, also The Virgin Mary is a perpetual virgin(meaning Joseph and her never consummated their marriage) . This is the church teaching. Maybe you'd rather the mother of the son of God to of had sexual relations with a God, and then also had sex and other children, so that means Christ has half blood relatives walking around. That would make Mary having two spouses, a bigamist . The Church taught it best, with what they had to work with.

What does your church teach. How do you deal with the virgin birth?

God would of never placed his son in a sinner, only in a pure vessel, also The Virgin Mary is a perpetual virgin(meaning Joseph and her never consummated their marriage) . This is the church teaching. Maybe you'd rather the mother of the son of God to of had sexual relations with a God, and then also had sex and other children, so that means Christ has half blood relatives walking around. That would make Mary having two spouses, a bigamist . The Church taught it best, with what they had to work with.

What does your church teach. How do you deal with the virgin birth?
My church teaches what's in the Bible.

My church teaches what's in the Bible.
The same Bible the church you blast had formed and forged birthing the image out of the WORDS which is why the earlier trinity before it was changed was called
father/word/son.
"ROMIITH"=666 means the Roman Kingdom which instituted
That same 66 books from man=6
Holy Bible=666 in ascll numerology.
created by "the Roman Man"=666
under AsVatican( the Vatican)=666
through the Roman one world religion
"Vaticanas"(Vatican Unity movement)=666
Creating the group called:
Catholics=666
using the idol son of baal as one in the same mythology
thus the number of his name is
" Baal Jesus"=666 in ascll numerology used to secret #'s from names.

Forum List

Back